Neve Typography

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acquisitions

Hi All,

I'm thinking of having some replacement neve faceplates made.  I'd like to be able to include an accurate font for the module identification numbering on the bottom right corner.  Problem is, all of mine are worn off.  It would be great if anyone could post some pics of the "new" style neve console module numbers.  An example would be the font found on a 31102 (any of 5 digit modules that start with a 3).  Once I get the font matched, I'll be happy to upload the results.  Thanks!

I cannot tell you what font was used but I can tell you that in those days the silk screen layout was made using Letraset so the font would be one of theirs.

Cheer

Ian

Wow!  That's amazing you know that.  Thanks for the lead!

ruffrecords said:
I cannot tell you what font was used but I can tell you that in those days the silk screen layout was made using Letraset so the font would be one of theirs.

Cheer

Ian

Nice find!

I tried the Univers family, but the shape of the "v" didn't look as close as the Urbano Ultra font. But I may not have had the 57 variant, as it wasn't listed in the Letraset catalog from the 70s I was looking at.

Latest posts

Back