COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iturnknobs said:
Whoops-
I worked an event March 11th with 1500 people in attendance(should have been 2200, but people were starting to worry over here). The next day, large gatherings were banned. I'm essentially in Chicago. Hopefully we clamped down early enough, but it doesn't look good in NYC. Thanks for sharing your personal experience/info/opinions seeing as your subset of society is further along in the progression of this pandemic. Too bad there are many over here being blinded by current info being provided by a fool who is not a scientist and can't even(refuses to) see what is going on elsewhere. We live in different places. Our physiology is the same.

You're totally right.
I also wish and hope you clamped down early enough.

I started lockdown on March 12, although I only count it from the 13th since I still had to teach in the morning, school closed the same day.

Just a positive thing to share for everyone that is still in the first stages of seeing their country being shutdown.

I went only 2 times to the supermarket since quarantine started, 12 days ago, today was the second time.
Just to let you know that after the 12 days it seems that people got over the first initial craziness of getting as much stock they could, they are probably already sorted and just buying what they need for their everyday life, so the supermarket was fully stocked, no queues, very chilled out, it was even fully stocked of toilet paper. So if I didn't knew we were locked down I would say it was a normal day.

So this is my experience at the moment, after the initial rush it seems distribution/supply to the supermarkets it's well maintained, so there's no shortage or riots at the moment after 12 days of "the end of the world".

Whoops said:
So unfortunately Rump is completely crazy,
you will not be open for business and filling churches on Easter.
This is just the beginning in the US the worst is still to come, "the taking it light approach" on leadership  or trying to "undermine the reality in public appearances"  will not work here it's a receipt for disaster.

have you heard the very first original  dialog?
he only wished, he aint opening no business no matter how much FOX tv pushes it  ;D

iturnknobs said:
Italy has is now fining people the equivalent of $3225 when they go outdoors in an unwarranted manner and the death rate remains constant . Maybe their churches will be open for Easter.

officially Italy is in red alert until 31st of July, we hope to go back to some sort of normality before but I really doubt that for easter there will be even San Pietro open. also many priest have died young and elderly ones

is a really strange virus: it has a high rate of letality in elderly people with already established health problems. BUT it seems to be very dangerous for young people with a strong immune system, this is due to the fact that a strong and active immune system responds too much to the virus, releasing too much cytokines in the lungs creating a organ damage.
in italy, besides the obvious face masks, alcool and gloves, oximeters have become very hard to find

kambo said:
have you heard the very first original  dialog?
he only wished, he aint opening no business no matter how much FOX tv pushes it  ;D

No I haven't, I've been trying to avoid the news in the last few days.
I just read what's been quoted here.

But anyway, I still maintain that Rump is crazy and that the worst in the US is still to come. This situation will not be solved next month

pahstah said:
it has a high rate of lethality in elderly people with already established health problems.

BUT it seems to be very dangerous for young people with a strong immune system, this is due to the fact that a strong and active immune system responds too much to the virus, releasing too much cytokines in the lungs creating a organ damage.

pahstah said:
in italy, besides the obvious face masks, alcool and gloves, oximeters have become very hard to find

It seems to be the same around here, you can still find gloves but not the rest.

How are you mate?
Are you and your family safe?

pahstah said:
is a really strange virus: it has a high rate of letality in elderly people with already established health problems. BUT it seems to be very dangerous for young people with a strong immune system, this is due to the fact that a strong and active immune system responds too much to the virus, releasing too much cytokines in the lungs creating a organ damage.
Can you please provide a citation for this?

I have been looking into stories about young people without any underlying conditions being permanently injured by Coronavirus but I have been almost completely unsuccessful. Please provide a link to a credible case result.

That article has no references at all to young people, immune-anything or cytokines. All it says is that after some people who had Coronavirus experienced 20%-30% decreased lung capacity with lots of references to "might", "too early", "suggest" about it being permanent. It's largely a collection of vague references selected for the topic. There are no actual numbers. It's not what I would consider a proper citation for anything really.

squarewave said:
Can you please provide a citation for this?

I have been looking into stories about young people without any underlying conditions being permanently injured by Coronavirus but I have been almost completely unsuccessful. Please provide a link to a credible case result.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwilka_lmbboAhVK2qQKHaK2DgEQFjAEegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fclinicaltrials.gov%2FProvidedDocs%2F80%2FNCT04315480%2FProt_000.pdf&usg=AOvVaw30ORZ_XwqbQyE2NdsRFcEv

the reason for the hospitalization is that this virus can cause severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and seems that this is caused by a cytokine storm. the first case of hospitalization in italy for this pulmonary condition was a 30 years old guy very athletic ( he is an active runner). surely there were cases before this one, but nobody payed attention because probably those were all in elderly patients with other pathologies. when this one was discovered here in italy everybody was astonished because it was a young and healthy man.

Whoops said:
It seems to be the same around here, you can still find gloves but not the rest.

How are you mate?
Are you and your family safe?

me and my family are all well, thank you very much. I hope the same for you.

New Zealand has a total lock-down in place as of midnight 25/03/2020. At this stage, the duration will be four weeks. All businesses are closed with the exception of essential services. Everyone has been asked to stay at home and and only interact with those people who are part of their "bubble". The supermarket shelves were slammed in the lead up. I suspect that they will gradually fill up over the next week. The supermarkets are employing a one in one out policy with a relatively low density of shoppers inside. Seems to be working ok. As of last night, there were about 200 confirmed cases in NZ (pop. about 4.8M). There will be quite a few more as of the next update I imagine.

pahstah said:
the reason for the hospitalization is that this virus can cause severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and seems that this is caused by a cytokine storm. the first case of hospitalization in italy for this pulmonary condition was a 30 years old guy very athletic ( he is an active runner). surely there were cases before this one, but nobody payed attention because probably those were all in elderly patients with other pathologies. when this one was discovered here in italy everybody was astonished because it was a young and healthy man.
That link is to a preliminary proposal for a clinical trial to study the autoimmune aspect of SARS. There is no data. There is nothing about young people or any numbers. If you have a citation that includes numbers beyond one "30 years old guy" then please provide that citation now. But if you only have the one case, I would like to see the data on that too please.

squarewave said:
That link is to a preliminary proposal for a clinical trial to study the autoimmune aspect of SARS. There is no data. There is nothing about young people or any numbers. If you have a citation that includes numbers beyond one "30 years old guy" then please provide that citation now. But if you only have the one case, I would like to see the data on that too please.

to have real numbers and a real identification of what is happening now it will take at least one year I believe, given that the data will be univocal among countries. I don't think I can give you data now because there aren't. if you want to know about patient 1 here in italy I can give you the link to some newspapers in Italian

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Bollettino-sorveglianza-integrata-COVID-19_12-marzo-2020.pdf

squarewave, here is a link to Italy's Istituto Superiore di Sanità wich is our chief institute regarding public health. they are official data of the 12th of march. the situation has worsen in the days after this report.
as per march 12th, as you can see in the report, there is one dead for covid19 in the 30-39 age, one in the 40-49 age, 14 in the 50-59age, 65 in the 60-69 age, 274 in the 70-79 age, 355 in the 80-89 age, 75 for 90 plus age.

Bear in mind that you can't have an idea of the real situation in the country because:
a) we don't know how many people are positive in Italy
b) we don't differentiate beetween the deaths FOR coronavirus and those WITH coronavirus
c) the kit for testing coronavirus has a rate of 80% false positive
d) not all the people that are ill and have severe difficulty to breath are hospitalized and among them some die in their beds without a test for coronavirus

scott2000 said:
Mandatory lock down starts tomorrow night in my area..... til April 9.......

Many places have been more or less closed already .....  now it's essential business only I guess......

Strange days.... can't say I'm not digging the traffic when I was out earlier. ...

Still no TP though......

they are trying that here, sort of. It started with safer at home policy but we were encouraged to take walks and other things, just social distance. Well low and behold the beaches were full over the weekend so they made it shelter in place. most businesses are closed except for essential places, restaurants are closed except for take out and delivery, and stay at home unless necessary. but for that that people are still out and about.  I see less traffic but still see a surprising number of people in traffic.
On the upside I got a slab of beef at the local market and butchered it into steaks.  learning some new things and brewing some hooch as we shelter in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back