COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pahstah said:
me and my family are all well, thank you very much. I hope the same for you.

I'm really happy that you and you family are well.

I'm alright for the moment, and my family is safe at home. My parents are not going out not even to the supermarket.
I went to the supermarket myself and delivered them some supplies, although I don't even walk into their house, we keep 2 meters distance, and we wear gloves. They disinfect the supplies also.

I don't have any case at the moment also in my extended family.
Also no case between all my friends and theirs families.  We are mostly between 30 to 45 years old, so we are really afraid for our parents and want to protect them.

We will pass the 3000 number of confirmed cases today, yesterday it was announced the virus is on the mitigation period now, that means that it's not possible any longer to identify the chains of infection, so new measures will be applied today.

Campaign Hospitals are being prepared and setup, they expect the peak to be in the middle of April.

People in Football are trying to help also the National Health System, Benfica donated 1 million Euros, and Cristiano Ronaldo and his Agent also financed new Intensive care areas in Hospitals.

Financially I'm not well, I'm a freelance so all my concerts were canceled, school closed (I earn by the hour, no lesson no pay), Recordings/mixing all stopped because the albuns releases were all postponed.
I have Zero Income at the moment, so I soon will have to try to negotiate my rent with the landlord as I will not be able to pay the "normal" amount for the duration of the lockdown. And if comes to that situation I will not even pay the rent.

The NSC had a pandemic playbook from 2016 that covered issues from PPE supplies and testing to the use of the DPA and even  the sort of guidance the feds should give to states & the people.  The plan is "quite dated," according to a current NSC official--even though it's only 4 years old & would have been a much better guidebook than whatever napkin-scrawled gibberish they've been following so far.  Source:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

Maybe good news:
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196477/j-ideas-neil-ferguson-tells-mps-lockdown/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/?fbclid=IwAR3n6wLjREgW8AhJVuxUIp24_ZjonY23scdFoqZF9fo8BQ0z5XdGkzroeog

hodad said:
The NSC had a pandemic playbook from 2016 that covered issues from PPE supplies and testing to the use of the DPA and even  the sort of guidance the feds should give to states & the people.  The plan is "quite dated," according to a current NSC official--even though it's only 4 years old & would have been a much better guidebook than whatever napkin-scrawled gibberish they've been following so far.  Source:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285
Did you even read the article??

An NSC official confirmed the existence of the playbook but dismissed its value. “We are aware of the document, although it’s quite dated and has been superseded by strategic and operational biodefense policies published since,” the official said. “The plan we are executing now is a better fit, more detailed, and applies the relevant lessons learned from the playbook and the most recent Ebola epidemic in the [Democratic Republic of the Congo] to COVID-19.”

A health department spokesperson also said that the NSC playbook was not part of the current coronavirus strategy. “The HHS COVID-19 response was informed by more recent plans such as the foundation of the National Biodefense Strategy (2018), Biological Incident Annex (2017),and panCAP (2018) among other key plans provided by the CDC, White House Task Force, FEMA, and other key federal departments and agencies,” the spokesperson said.

That article reads: "we don't know what the administration is doing, but they're not following OUR plan, and we're butthurt about that."

I'd love to know the differences between the 2016 playbook and what we're actually doing. That would be real reporting.

A google search brings this up.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6819-covid-19-response-plan/d367f758bec47cad361f/optimized/full.pdf

Why not actually report something useful?

dogears said:
That article reads: "we don't know what the administration is doing, but they're not following OUR plan, and we're butthurt about that."

Yes, those are the exact words in the article.  I think the actual words were, "Trump is an  idiot whose arrogance and incompetence have failed the nation at every turn during this time of crisis."  Perhaps it said neither of those things, but the problem is when one looks at what Trump has actually done, it's hard not to wonder if he's following any plan at all. 

Sorry for being unclear man, I was paraphrasing the article. It is as if it said, "we don't know what he's doing but he isn't following our plan and we don't like that, and we don't like him, so we're going to leak this into the media." The quote from the NSC clearly details what is informing our moves, papers from 2017 and 2018. A google searched turned one up on the NYT website (also leaked, it says unclassified but not for distribution - partisan leakers abound). A five second scroll-through shows nearly everything the Politico article is saying they're not considering from the 2016 playbook.

In other words, that politico article is breathlessly reported hot garbage.

Partisans are still seeing two different movies based on viewing the exact same events.

This is unlikely to stop with a presidential election just months away, even in the midst of a pandemic.

===
I much prefer reading factual objective discussions about COVID 19...  I appreciate the smart health discussions, team politics not so much,  but amuse yourselves, I'm just the janitor around here.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Partisans are still seeing two different movies based on viewing the exact same events.

https://youtu.be/bkMwvmJLnc0

This is the movie I see unfolding. Curious how others see it differently, minus attempting to rationalize listening to the exact wrong person at this point and time... who is not a scientist or doctor and will not listen to those types. Would anyone let this genius tell you how to design or assemble a circuit? Apply that answer to all other logical questions concerning "said" leader. Hooray for Mississippi's governor. NOT.

JohnRoberts said:
I much prefer reading factual objective discussions about COVID 19...  I appreciate the smart health discussions, team politics not so much,  but amuse yourselves, I'm just the janitor around here.

JR

Please refer to video in previous post. For the record: Not amused.

One of my largest employers is most likely going to have an adjacent hall to our venue used as a coronavirus processing center. I guess I'm having a real hard time differentiating between logic and politics. Go Easter!

JohnRoberts said:

The question is why? Countries that took decisive early action have had much better results.  Those that have downplayed and tried to ignore the problem  are in dire situations.

JohnRoberts said:
I appreciate the smart health discussions, team politics not so much,  but amuse yourselves, I'm just the janitor around here.

I never saw the formation of any "Political Team" around here.
Neither do I belong or I'm aware there's any  "Political Team" around, do any of you know anything about that team?

As far as I can see JR you just don't like when people say any negative thing about Trump, and you try to pressure people for not giving their opinions when it comes to criticizing Trump.
You did that with me some pages back on the discussion, as you did with others.

But as much as you dislike that, people around here have the right to criticize Trump, and actually as he is such an incompetent idiot that spent most of this time denying a problem instead of working and preventing it, he is not that loved around.
I can fully understand it.

But I'm the first one to vouch that I don't belong to any team than "the team that wants all the best for all of us in this difficult times"

Breitbart is NOT yet reporting that the US is now the most infected in the world... more than China (only having 25% of the population). There's politics for anyone pushing the issue, or COVID-19 factual information as requested for said thread... Stay home. Saw a neighbor who is a grocery store worker conversing and sharing a ladder with an unhealthy 70 year old man across the street today. I guess they needed to put a final fix to that "life" thing. I can't imagine what couldn't have waited another 3-4 weeks. Logic absent, yet again. Politics? Logic? You decide.

For the record:
There are 50,000 more deaths than where the parabola stopped on that "propagandist" video link I posted... COVID-19 factual information stuff... Logic... Stay home. I will live. Many will not, and simultaneously which is the biggest issue at hand.

We are a republic and as such it’s up to the Governor of each state to declare policy.  In Colorado we are starting the lock down today .  It was a self distancing until mandatory today.    Governors decide policy per state.  They are all begging for medical equipment from the federal government now.    So blame who ever you want.  It is where ever there are clusters Of people which is wherever tall vertical building and subways create a easy way to spread.  Life in the country is better here in Colorado.  Denver and eagle county(Vail) have higher numbers than other places.  But it’s throughout the county’s.  Stay away. Stay alive.

dogears said:
Sorry for being unclear man, I was paraphrasing the article. It is as if it said, "we don't know what he's doing but he isn't following our plan and we don't like that, and we don't like him, so we're going to leak this into the media."
How about ascribing a different motive to the people telling the story?  How about they're shocked at what a horrible job Trump has done when he had an instruction manual handed to him the day he walked into office?  Maybe they're horrified by what they see unfolding in front of their eyes, and they can't figure out why it was allowed to get this bad. 
Trump had a playbook, and instead he looked to the market, and hunches, unproven theories, and lies and distractions.  His plan was close your eyes & maybe it'll go away. 

And he had a playbook to follow the whole time.  If he had used it to do the most basic, paint-by-numbers approach to this, we'd be steps ahead of where we are now.  And his "open by Easter" plan is horrifying.  As pointed out above, churches are a major source of new infections in certain communities.  Asking people to pack churches on Easter--you might as well have a "free Kool-Aid" sign up by the pulpit.  It's like Geriatric Jonestown. 

So maybe the motive of the people who contributed to the Politico article was not politics.  Maybe they care about the country, about human life.  Maybe they're a little heartbroken that the work they did to mitigate this situation was largely ignored by the current regime.

I've posted this link before (long ago), but it gives a good idea of how Trump & Co. approached the presidency.  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/department-of-energy-risks-michael-lewis  It ought to give you pause, or maybe even freak you out a little bit, but it probably won't.

I will apologize to any I innocently lumped in with those responding politically instead of commenting on the best path to recovery from here.

I realize I am seeing a different movie than many here.  I try not to read people's minds but it helps explain some behavior, and is a human reaction (our brains like to tie things up in neat knots, often only vaguely related to reality).

To refrain from repeating myself so much I will stop now.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back