COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sodderboy said:
Search this forum for "opioid deaths"- crickets, when the equivalent of over 4 737's full of people smash into oblivion EVERY WEEK in the US (over 47K in 2017) from the Chinese virus that is prescription opioids- they are the major supplier of pills and fentanyl by the drum-full.

US pharmaceutical companies and local doctors complicit in prescibing opiods are responsible for this disaster. And failiure to regulate the industry properly. Greed, regulatory capture, the good old capitalism-run-amok-problem haunting the United States on so many levels.

To blame it on China is ludicrous.

https://www.gzeromedia.com/watching-wuhan-but-can-you-believe-your-eyes?

Also, this recent report on the number of ash urns recently stacked at Wuhan funeral homes is an eye-opener. China has officially reported about 2,500 deaths, but some unconfirmed estimates put the true death toll in the tens of thousands.

Signal G reporting on Wuhan and questioning China,s numbers and handling of CV19.  We get a preview of what’s next for everyone else. 

gyraf said:
antibody detection not yet available
I heard one drug industry spokesman talking about two different anti-body tests, one for recent infection, and other longer term presence of antibodies. (Pretty much what Script said).  These may still be in development, but there are a number of new COVID19 infection tests that are brand spanking new...

The Abbot 5-15 minute test with local processing sounds promising and they are promising something like 50k a day to start, with a ramp up.

Again industry spokesman are talking about OTC self tests not unlike pregnancy tests that can be self administered, but again only in development, with no target date.

Several are working on vaccines, I think J & J may be leading with proposed testing as early as 1st qtr next year.

Next cycle through will be a different ball game, but we need to survive this first round to see that future.

JR 

..yup, all this will be easier when we have better detection tools.

Until then we're trying to steer with at least 15 days of lag.

Mars rover is piece of cake in comparison :)

living sounds said:
US pharmaceutical companies and local doctors complicit in prescibing opiods are responsible for this disaster. And failiure to regulate the industry properly. Greed, regulatory capture, the good old capitalism-run-amok-problem haunting the United States on so many levels.

To blame it on China is ludicrous.
China is clearly selling fentanyl to illegal drug dealers, responsible for many US deaths, when addicted people can no longer get the legal prescription drugs.  This (deaths) has been slowed somewhat by wider availability of narcon (overdose mitigation drug). China has promised to clamp down on these illegal exports but this has not been the highest priority lately for obvious reasons.

JR

fazer said:
https://www.gzeromedia.com/watching-wuhan-but-can-you-believe-your-eyes?

Signal G reporting on Wuhan and questioning China,s numbers and handling of CV19.  We get a preview of what’s next for everyone else.
Many factories and merchants in China are reopening. The first wave has peaked and passed.

I would be surprised if there weren't lots of dead bodies concealed in China...  Recently one of the major hospital workers in the Wuhan region who wanted to tell the outside world about the severity of COVID19 (like human to human transmission) and was stopped by Chinese government has recently disappeared.
www said:
Dr. Ai Fen, director of emergency management at Wuhan Central Hospital and one of the first doctors to blow the whistle on the coronavirus epidemic at a time when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) was desperate to conceal it, has reportedly vanished.
I have only found this mentioned by conservative news sources, but we know a number of people who refused to toe the communist party line who disappeared or were disappeared (western news reporters expelled, etc). 

JR

Governor Cuomo talking about setting up a statewide hospital system, much like the NHS in the UK.

Makes sense to me

DaveP

DaveP said:
Governor Cuomo talking about setting up a statewide hospital system, much like the NHS in the UK.

Makes sense to me

DaveP
He is a rising star in his party, ASSuming he can put this in the rear view mirror by the convention.

Reportedly his brother has been diagnosed with COVID19 so now it's personal for him.

JR

PS: It is too early to go here, but several nations with socialized medicine are being hit pretty hard so not an obvious barrier.  I expect we will learn more about all this later after the dust settles. Now things are still in flux.

https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/national-coronavirus-response-a-road-map-to-reopening/

Likely way forward

It's a counsel of perfection that is stating the obvious.

What it does not say is how to manage when you are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers and you don't have enough PPE to protect front-line workers and they are going down with it too.

What it does do very well is to show how to pad out a report to make it look as if it actually has some answers that nobody else thought of.

Rant over

DaveP

Man who pissed in your Cheerios?

And it does address the current time. Stay the **** home while we build up PPE and healthcare capacity along with testing and treatment.

Sorry nothing personal, that kind of writing annoys me, that's all.

DaveP :-* :-*

DaveP said:
It's a counsel of perfection that is stating the obvious.

What it does not say is how to manage when you are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers and you don't have enough PPE to protect front-line workers and they are going down with it too.

What it does do very well is to show how to pad out a report to make it look as if it actually has some answers that nobody else thought of.

Rant over

DaveP
Dave I started another thread for political rants.
======
On topic, I am seeing some positive data points,  for a change... 

Hard to see with all the doom and gloom reportage.

JR

PS: today was my day for senior only shopping hour at wally world... I passed because A) I am not a morning person, and B) I hate dodging all the old farts blocking the aisles with their motorized carts.  [/rant]

DaveP said:
motorized carts.  ::)

DaveP
A dear old neighbor of mine (now RIP) probably spent the last 5 years of his life using one of those mobility scooters. I ended up repairing it for him multiple times, (because I could).

At the store several years ago Walmart made the aisles wider to accommodate the wider traffic for their powered shopping carts but I still find myself avoiding the aisles with the typical traffic congestion they cause....

I appreciate the hypocrisy of me complaining about old people (so chuckle away you young pukes), but this is just me being real... I will continue shopping on my normal day (thursday). Maybe now there will be less old farts in my way if they all shop on tuesday instead.  :eek:

JR 

PS: I am not openly dismissing public health advice... If I shop early enough on thursdays  there is very little traffic  inside  the stores. I use self check out so do not get close to other humans. Last week they were out of free purel sanitizing wipes so this week I will bring my own DIY version (to clean shopping cart handles, touch screens, etc...).

So in 2 weeks time(3/15 to 3/29), the US went from 3500 documented cases to 140,000.  Even with underreporting in the early numbers, that should give one pause.  What will we be looking at in another 2 weeks?  I'm hoping the social distancing will start working its magic soon. 

hodad said:
What will we be looking at in another 2 weeks? 

i think people start to realize how idiot democrats are  8)

hodad said:
I'm hoping the social distancing will start working its magic soon.

except idiot democrats, we all hoping that social distancing magic will work  :)

So in 2 weeks time(3/15 to 3/29), the US went from 3500 documented cases to 140,000.  Even with underreporting in the early numbers, that should give one pause.  What will we be looking at in another 2 weeks?  I'm hoping the social distancing will start working its magic soon.
We are hoping the same thing in France but little is changing despite the lock-down which started on day 19.

I have charted the cases since day one:-

This is the daily increase in cases:-

The Log format shows the gradual turning over better:-

That report earlier annoyed me because it glossed over what is likely to happen.  The reality is that for the West, a whole generation of old people will pass (especially the sick) and in particular those with close families.  Spain and Italy are a good example as several generations live together in the same house.  Italy has a mortality of 10% because of this.  When people are so bad that they go on a ventilator, the mortality goes to about 50%.  People should say their last goodbyes at that stage because their relatives will not be allowed near them at their point of death.

It is bad enough in the West with good healthcare and housing, but when this gets going in India and Africa later in the year we will be talking of millions of deaths and nothing can be done about it.  This is a predictable result of over-population and birthrates beyond the capacity of the health system, nature takes over in the end.

I guess the religious in the US are expecting the apocalypse,  the queues at gun stores certainly indicate that ::)  But if the good citizens of Wuhan had observed the Bibles advice on what is clean and unclean to eat, we would not be where we are now.

We may not be talking about a 1918 scale pandemic, but it may not be far off because the population is that much bigger today.

DaveP

DaveP said:
I guess the religious in the US are expecting the apocalypse,  the queues at gun stores certainly indicate that ::) 

Some of them also distrust the science so much, they go on holding church services and even think about reopening their "universities"...

kambo said:
i think people start to realize how idiot democrats are  8)

except idiot democrats, we all hoping that social distancing magic will work  :)
STOP already , name calling is childish.
=====
Social distancing IS making a difference, but widespread testing will make a much larger difference....

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back