COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
simonsez said:
Hello, I'am very sorry for those who has lost a love one  :'( , but I wonder why the the case number in US and Europe  is so high? weather factor? genetic?

in my opinion 2 reasons:

1) data/number from China can't be trusted, all data and information to the outside world is controlled by the Chinese Party, I personally don't believe their official numbers of infections and deaths.
Can't be proved at the moment, but like myself a lot of people think the numbers in China were or are much higher than the released ones

2)Late measures/late response to contain the spread

The other reason for such high cases in EU and US are because no one took this seriously at the beginning, most of Idiotic people that are ruling the countries didn't recognize early enough the severity of the case.
For example Idiot Trump said some months ago the virus would die with the change of season, during the summer.
(for the last 5 days there's more than 1000 people dying in the US everyday due to Covid19)

Or Idiot Boris that only applied measures in the UK,  9 days after all the EU countries were already in lockdown. In 9 days the exponential spread is tremendous. And 9 days after other EU countries that were already late, at least by 1 week, in applying a lockdown

Italy was the first country in the EU to be severely affected, they might not be expecting it then, but after Hospitals in Italy collapsed and even after the Italy experience some EU countries were not doing anything.
That's the case with Spain and France,.
Idiot Sanchez had more than 5000 confirmed cases in Spain, people in Spain were still eating tapas and drinking beer in the street restaurantes, and he was not doing anything. He only applied lockdown more than 1 week after the Italians Hospital colapse.

In France, Idiot Macron and Philippe held elections in France on the 15th of March despite their confirmed cases number being already high and despite the Italian example 1 week before.

ruffrecords said:
Boris has been taken to hospital because his condition is not improving.

Hi Ian, I don't wish anything bad to anyone, even if they're horrible people.
So I hope Boris is able to recover.

Saying this he should be held accountable in the future for the tremendous disgrace he did to all the people in the UK and the number of unnecessary deaths he provoked, by not doing anything for a long time even when every country in Europe had already implement measures to contain the spread.

Very bad leader, he is responsible for that.

JohnRoberts said:
I am optimistic that the smartest people in government and private industry are working on solutions, but they will take time so we need to be smart and patient.

I agree with you John,
the problem  is those "smartest people in government" can't do much when the leader of the Country/Government is not smart and a plain Idiot. Normally those idiots block the good ideas from the "smartest people in government".

I'm also optimistic that after we're through this situation,  the smartest people in governments are put into Leadership roles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate.html?fbclid=IwAR2w93Q92O4NsnsQGbSZMUuE-1J5n3DkhzYqVQFswkUeC7uT84ZhiIpPniY

“Maybe our biggest strength in Germany,” said Professor Kräusslich, “is the rational decision-making at the highest level of government combined with the trust the government enjoys in the population.”

Whoops said:
I agree with you John,
the problem  is those "smartest people in government" can't do much when the leader of the Country/Government is not smart and a plain Idiot. Normally those idiots block the good ideas from the "smartest people in government".

I'm also optimistic that after we're through this situation,  the smartest people in governments are put into Leadership roles.
I do not share you opinion.

wrt early analysis of COVID19 risk
Screen-Shot-2020-03-22-at-9.34.55-AM-924x840.png

These early false reports led many global health experts to underestimate the risk from COVID19.

China finally admitted human to human transfer Jan 21, but reportedly patient zero was back in Nov 2019, not even in Wuhan.

China declined to allow CDC investigators into China to investigate while saying they accepted assistance from the WHO (cough).

Maybe now that they are relaxing the lock down in Wuhan they will allow CDC investigators in as if they can find any evidence now.  (There are CDC workers based in China but not allowed into Wuhan area). 
===

FWIW Iran has not only declined COVID19 assistance from the US but claimed that COVID19 is designed by America to target the genome  of Iranians....  :eek:

In the past Iran has accepted US aid in the recent past after natural disasters like earthquakes, but apparently they choose to forfeit more Iranian lives this time so they can demonize America (sorry I'm mind reading again, but they can't possibly believe the BS they are pushing.) 

JR

How would the US react if China offered to send "expertise" if this had happened in the US first?

The only thing the US restrictions on Iran have accomplished, is a failure of moderate politics, freeing the path to more extremism. Just like in Iraq, the US creates terrorism, leading to millions and millions of fugitives. Just average people like you and me, fleeing their country because of violence and extremism.

But that's a picture you can only paint if you actually know some people from/in Iran, Syria and some other places and don't get your "info" from Fox news or worse.

Even the Saudis hate the USA these days...

Even the Saudis hate the USA these days

Everybody hates the USA hence 9/11.
I understood Afghanistan but never understood Iraq.    You break it you own it.  It’s odd that with Trump, he wanted to isolate and just worry about the US.  And people condemned him.  You meddle in the whole global world and people condemn the US.  Then they condemn the US for not leading things.  Globalization has created a false efficiency that has lead to world wide shortages of PPE, and ventilators produced in China at least in part.  But we sure have war planes tanks and weapons, just not the right ones.  We have people living in high rises and praising the entertainment and fine dining in large metro areas but you can’t go to work or meet anywhere to the death of people while the death of the restaurant’s are almost guaranteed to not survive .    Everybody hates or blames Trump and America.  I blame globalization and the efficient world created on the backbone of cheap oil that allows shipping goods from China to everywhere.  Now let’s get rid of oil and we’ll find out you can’t ship stuff everywhere and therefore have to bring manufacturing back home.  (We’ll see ). This is a new problem .  People will do the big shutdown once but will they do this a second time in the free world.  We’ll see.

Whoops said:
in my opinion 2 reasons:

1) data/number from China can't be trusted, all data and information to the outside world is controlled by the Chinese Party, I personally don't believe their official numbers of infections and deaths.
Can't be proved at the moment, but like myself a lot of people think the numbers in China were or are much higher than the released ones

2)Late measures/late response to contain the spread

The other reason for such high cases in EU and US are because no one took this seriously at the beginning, most of Idiotic people that are ruling the countries didn't recognize early enough the severity of the case.
For example Idiot Trump said some months ago the virus would die with the change of season, during the summer.
(for the last 5 days there's more than 1000 people dying in the US everyday due to Covid19)

Or Idiot Boris that only applied measures in the UK,  9 days after all the EU countries were already in lockdown. In 9 days the exponential spread is tremendous. And 9 days after other EU countries that were already late, at least by 1 week, in applying a lockdown

Italy was the first country in the EU to be severely affected, they might not be expecting it then, but after Hospitals in Italy collapsed and even after the Italy experience some EU countries were not doing anything.
That's the case with Spain and France,.
Idiot Sanchez had more than 5000 confirmed cases in Spain, people in Spain were still eating tapas and drinking beer in the street restaurantes, and he was not doing anything. He only applied lockdown more than 1 week after the Italians Hospital colapse.

In France, Idiot Macron and Philippe held elections in France on the 15th of March despite their confirmed cases number being already high and despite the Italian example 1 week before.

well, I think that's happened everywhere. My government  said it just ordinary flu,  the virus will die in the hot tropical weather, etc..

WHO statement was not accurate :

NO human to human transmission = WRONG
no mask for the healthy = WRONG
1 meter physical distancing = WRONG

This is going to sound a little cold and we do not have good numbers on this but the few reports I found suggest something like 2/3 of people with COVID put on ventilators do not survive, vs roughly 1/3 put on ventilators with other diseases.

I have also seen suggestions that there may be genetic factors that make some people more at risk of dying from COVID... If we could identify the patients most likely to benefit (survive) from being put on ventilators, and those likely to die anyhow we might better manage scarce resources.

Of course this requires knowledge about COVID and genetics that we do not yet possess, and would force health professionals to make difficult life or death triage decisions, using that knowledge we do not possess.

Just something to think about.

JR

Might be something or might be nothing , but maybe they should consider looking again at the so called vape related deaths/lung damage cases that happened last year . They were at a loss to explain it and of course it was pre-covid so no one was searching the haystack for that particular needle at that stage .
Jaysus, can you imagine if it had originated in the US ,would we then be justified on calling it 'The American Virus' ?

All speculation of course ,still shouldn't be to difficult rule it in or out definitively one way or another.

I have heard that blood type might have something to do with survival.  Might of been in one of these threads.    anyway it’s natures way of dealing with things out of balance maybe.   

nana nana nana nana batman ,biff boff bouff, bish bash bosh. call in the chief of police

JohnRoberts said:
I do not want to play this up or down disproportionately, a lot of people die everyday from all causes, this is just the latest new one.

Media tries to scare viewers into watching with relatable risks.... "this could be you, or yours dying".

How does one explain using refrigerated semi-trailers and ice skating rinks for morgue overflow? All previous causes have not added up to a sum requiring this solution.  Are you stating that this is a media scare tactic? I'm not sure how else to interpret your comment.

And most likely the bodies will be stored in silos alongside fast decaying nuclear waste ,that way the virus dna/rna gets enough holes punched in it wont ever be a viable source of disease again,
amen ,

scott2000 said:
Can't tell if this is fake.....  interesting though

FROM NYC ICU: DOES COVID-19 REALLY CAUSE ARDS??!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GYTc53r2o

edit : just to clarify : this is 99% what doctors saying in Turkey in the front line, and in labs. too

ventilators are actually causing more harm in a strange way!
when they push more O2 to lungs, body producing more defensive "xyz - dont remember the exact name"
edit: body producing some chemicals before the O2 treatment, and getting messed up...
O2 helping but also not helping!
and lungs getting more liquid/liquid like  (there is a technical term for it)
but, thats the only current option, with additional medication to lower the high temp! etc etc...

i dont think its fake! there is something weird going on for sure!

kambo said:
this is 99% what doctors saying in Turkey in the front line, and in labs.

i dont think its fake! there is something weird going on for sure!

Not fake, from what I can tell.  (and here I'm relying on others' expertise.)  The issue, from what I've read, is that the ventilators should be used differently to give patients the most benefit.  There's also some info coming out of Germany that would indicate the same thing.  Hopefully, this will lead to better treatment as well as better outcomes for patients.  Which would be great.

Tubetec said:
And most likely the bodies will be stored in silos alongside fast decaying nuclear waste ,that way the virus dna/rna gets enough holes punched in it wont ever be a viable source of disease again,
amen ,

Is there documentation for this? What are the chances that a family would allow this? Only seems feasible with deceased transient citizens... i.e.-Hart Island NYC(yes, mass graves). #mediascare

Pure speculation on my part , I never attempted to put what I said forward as conclusive fact ,merely within the realm of possibllity/plausibillity. I'm in no way underplaying the impact of people not being able to give their loved ones a final farewell in the way they have become accustomed to either.

Breaking new ground in understanding sometimes involves a leap of faith ,just relying on what we think we already know can lead to a locked loop of misinformation . Its been clearly shown by our own dectective work in this thread some of what the powers that be have handed down to us as fact is turning out to be total and utter garbage, the more we find out, the more this pile of bullSh1T were being fed becomes apparent , set the controls for the heart of the sun  :-\

Causation or blame aside, what does seem to be happening is, this situation is being used to force governments to write massive blank cheques to shore up a badly broken system , its precisely the same as what has been  happening here in Irish health system, public money is being thrown away by a bunch of spit lickers to industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back