Cool conversation with the Weinstein Bros.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The power of your theory was sufficient to predict from first principles a manifestly observed , and surprising result, within molecular biology,  from pure evolutionary principle"

"yep"

lol

Fairly enjoyable.
////says in  his best Bret voice..../////

Jump to 1hr 35min for the boom...

Did you know the standard albino lab rat is decended and of course selectively bred from prize fighting rats back in the 1800's ?

Two smart nerds complains about who gets credit for papers written .  And along the way, a boatload about testing of new meds and harmful side affects (due to testing methods) that put harmful drugs on the market.  The papers suggest  They do more harm than good.    This All to get a product to market.  It makes me glad I’m healthy enough to say no to all the meds people push.  (miracles that are the answer to everything).  Thes drugs are tested on mice that show an accelerated long term effect that can bring drugs faster to development for faster returns on investment.    But there are papers that dispute these test and find that the papers are stopped from being accepted by a unknown committee.    The committee seems to stop any forward motion of those papers.    Imagine that from the prescription drug cartels. In bed with university funding. 

Fairly enjoyable.

Ok, fair nuff.  ;)  Understated the gravity/importance.  Especially if labs to this day continue to use mice that have super healing ability and are prone to cancer. 

...show an accelerated long term effect that can bring drugs faster to development for faster ROI.
Yeah apparently genetic mutation needs no controls, no suppression -and may even be preferred- if the species rakes-in trillions as a laboratory essential.

Ok, fair nuff.  ;)  Understated the gravity/importance.  Especially if labs to this day continue to use mice that have super healing ability and are prone to cancer. 
Yeah apparently genetic mutation needs no controls, no suppression -and may even be preferred- if the species rakes-in trillions as a laboratory essential.

Well thanks for sharing....
I watched from where you started it at 30min and the segue into the rats was fascinating....
Shared it with a friend and he loved it....  We got a kick out of "the answer to dying is death".....awesome....

And Bret did leave a morsel of hope/doubt //// if they are or aren't doing things the same way......  figures...

Just watched Bret Weinstein talk to Congress about a year ago after the Evergreen Riots.  He's discussing the problems of censorship of free speech that we have grown accustom to hearing from colleges catering to the factions of the students feeling they have been harmed and such by opposing views.    Very interesting and sad thinking about it. 

I have avoided Twitter due to not needing more drama or low level arguments as Bret would call them.  Im sure there are high level ones but choose not to go in search of them.  Now I'm seeing Bret  everywhere on youTube and feel a voice of reason coming out that I guess  is all around. 

The Brothers together are a whole new experience of insight into the university world that is not seen in a lot of news.

insight into the university world that is not seen in a lot of news.
Yes, I'm appreciating Brett's perspective on media suppression and his insights into the modern problems of sensemaking.

Plenty of D.I.S.C. going on wrt college campuses.  Teaching students what to think instead of how to think is also a terrible idea.

I did check out the video , got about 25 minutes in , I clicked forward in time and it never locked in.

they reminded me of some of Zappa's thoughts on education, 

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out the uglier everything seems.
Frank Zappa

Latest posts

Back