From Modular "BIG POT" Active Monitor Controller

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winner

Since the original link is dead, I repost
In order to meet my needs, I made some simple modifications. The diagram is in the attachment. Forgive me for being a novice. Please help me to see if there are any errors. Thank you for your help. I know I used a clumsy way to do balanced output, which is very troublesome to build. I want to choose drivers such as DRV134, but they are very expensive. I want to know if there is any way to simplify my schematic. Regarding mono switches, I know they add extra volume, but I don't think they are used often, so it doesn't matter.Regarding the "input" buffer part, I'm not sure if the impedance is enough, I always feel that I have set a lot of extra parts, but I'm not sure.

Because it was too messy, I re-drawn the wiring diagrams (they represent only one module, please ignore the pins that are not drawn)

Attachments

• Wiring diagram.png
    Wiring diagram.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 116
I want to be able to adjust the ratio of the two channels like the "MTC monitor controller", but it seems that the potentiometer will attenuate the signal when it is in the middle. I haven't thought of a solution yet :'(

winner said:
Since the original link is dead, I repost
In order to meet my needs, I made some simple modifications. The diagram is in the attachment. Forgive me for being a novice. Please help me to see if there are any errors. Thank you for your help. I know I used a clumsy way to do balanced output, which is very troublesome to build. I want to choose drivers such as DRV134, but they are very expensive. I want to know if there is any way to simplify my schematic. Regarding mono switches, I know they add extra volume, but I don't think they are used often, so it doesn't matter.Regarding the "input" buffer part, I'm not sure if the impedance is enough, I always feel that I have set a lot of extra parts, but I'm not sure.

Because it was too messy, I re-drawn the wiring diagrams (they represent only one module, please ignore the pins that are not drawn)

i see that no one replied or tried to help you, and that's because the diagram is not even a working circuit schematic. all i see is just a bunch of op-amp, variable resistor and capacitor symbols with meaningless connection and labeling.

not sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish. novice or not, please post a proper complete schematic, even if it is just a copy-cut and paste from other people's work.

Are there no working projects you could use or modify for your needs? It seems like a pretty straight forward thing to design - if you're not a novice. I know that there are a lot of building blocks available on the net, ebay, aliexpress etc. If there really was no satisfying solution, maybe it's time for a GDIY Monitor controller?

Michael

it seems that the potentiometer will attenuate the signal when it is in the middle.
Look at other schematics that have passive pan/mix circuits, and what comes directly before and after them. 

Hint: It's usually buffer/gain. In most modern gear, the pan/mix section itself is active.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=53862.0

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=3816.0

Back