Nashville tornado 3/2- 3/3/2020

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than a few DIY'rs around here do work out of TN...do know that Jeff posted on FB as being safe.

Hope the rest of you are ok!

EastNASH2.jpg

EastNSH.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2602.jpg

image001.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

A lot of *different* damage in what seems to be different areas. We expect trailer-homes flipped. But street power poles? *Distribution* power towers? Country and city?

So how is everybody?

We in Putnam County are pleased to have seen our number of missing drop from 77 two nights ago to only two unaccounted for as of this morning. I read that the NWS officially rated the tornado that hit us here as an EF-4. I was leaving Nashville after the hockey game when I heard on the news that heavy storms were expected, but I never had an inkling that we were in for that kind of damage. Thankfully it seems Nashville—specifically East Nashville, Germantown, and Madison—received mostly structural damage. Here in Putnam County, the Baxter and Echo Valley area were the hardest hit and the death toll stands at 18 as of now with 88 injured. Prayers are certainly appreciated. I was really proud to see people from neighboring counties coming out to help with search and clean-up, but it's going to take a whole lot. The President is due to arrive here tomorrow.

Back