Help to build up a tube equalizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctechdx

Hello folks,

I want to build this tube equalizer and need some help to do it right. *Schematics attached

I´m trying to simulate a stereo version in multisim. The simulation runs without errors, but I cannot measure the equalizer properly. I´m not sure how to do this, but I suppose with an oscilloscope I can see an equalizer boost in 1k tone. But in practice, I get only one dB of gain change when I move the pot for 1k frequency eq. 

Please could someone help to understand what´s wrong? I´m studying a lot but still a newbie on this. I did check everything and don´t get what is wrong. Maybe I´m doing the measures wrong.

Here a pic of my project in multisim:

https://ibb.co/6Nnf4kt

*the image doesn´t show the entire simulation, it couldn´t fit the screen, but it´s all the same with only capacitor change. I´m trying to simulate a 6 bands stereo version of this eq.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Tube Equalizer.jpg
    Tube Equalizer.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 107
Sorry, I can't really help you but this EQ looks very interesting indeed.
May I asked which book this scan is from?
Would love to test it actually..

Glass audio was a magazine in the 90’s. About building and understanding tube circuits.  I have some of those mags still and there is a website where you can buy issues I believe. 

echoplex said:
Sorry, I can't really help you but this EQ looks very interesting indeed.
May I asked which book this scan is from?
Would love to test it actually..

Actually I don´t know. A friend of other forum share this with me. Seems to be a quite interesting project, but I still cannot make it work in a simulator. I don´t have much experience, then I want to understand and make it work in the simulator first. Hope someone can help. I don´t know what I´m doing wrong.

Latest posts

Back