rip Keith Olsen

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

never really new the guy, ran goodnight l.a. studios and had that god awful trident di-an, with one knob could do it all, but it never worked right.  oh well. RIP.

Yea, I remember going to Westlake's Studio A to hear a demo of the then new Trident Di-An (Digitally controlled Analog console.

Keith was there talking about it.

Only a few were made and he was getting one. RIP.

I knew Keith.  Interesting engineer and producer.  He was originally in The Music Machine and had a hit song called Talk Talk.    He became an engineer and later a very successful producer, except for the band I knew Airborne.  Beau Hill was In that band  and introduced me to Keith.  He was fun and a hard ass at the same time.  He got sound quickly.  Numerous hit albums were produced by Keith.  I have not seen him in 20 years.  RIP Keith. 

The Music Machine - Talk Talk!  RIP Keith!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Olsen

This is very sad news for me. One my favourite sounding records of all time, the first Fleetwood Mac record was produced in a big way by Keith. Another Giant of an engineer gone.

Latest posts

Back