schematic pcb software for mac

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoplex

hi folks,

I want to clone some PCBs I have and re-draw them within software so I can simulate the circuit as well as order PCBs for manufacturing. I am running on Mac OS 10.14
Is there any application for Mac which is good, professional enough and free?
I know it's a long shot.. but who knows

I use Eagle on my Mac, works just fine.

I haven't updated in years, but I seem to recall it's still possible to get old free license versions. There are some restrictions on size and what you're doing with them.

midwayfair said:
I use Eagle on my Mac, works just fine.

I haven't updated in years, but I seem to recall it's still possible to get old free license versions. There are some restrictions on size and what you're doing with them.

I'd love to try Eagel but can't seem to find any free licenses other than demo versions

kambo said:
diptrace has a free version,  is pretty good!

Cool, indeed there's a free version of Diptrace for Mac.. thanks for the headsup.
It is however limited to 300 points

echoplex said:
I want to clone some PCBs I have and re-draw them within software so I can simulate the circuit as well as order PCBs for manufacturing. I am running on Mac OS 10.14
Is there any application for Mac which is good, professional enough and free?
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=easyEDA
Sponsored by JLCPCB. I use them for PCB's. They're very good.
You'd probably need the $5/month option, in order to create your components. For example, I could not find any XLR's in the common library.

Latest posts

Back