Housing pins replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f0m3

Hello,
i just bought a Grundig GBM 125 at ebay kleinanzeigen for 11€! Yay. It's said to be a beyerdynamic 260 OEM ribbon capsule (just one ribbon)
I had some trouble opening the microphone basket and the housing because its held together with little steel pins i had to push inside. Unfortunately i cant get the pins out, so they are lost in the plastic (maybe ABS) housing. One pin i had to bore out carefully so the hole is now a little bigger and will have to be filled (maybe epoxy).
The mic is working fine, got a new XLR cable, all insides were left as they were.
Any ideas how i could replace the pins so that it would be easy to reopen the mic? Like a glue that melts on warming  or anything similar?

f0m3 said:
Hello,
i just bought a Grundig GBM 125 at ebay kleinanzeigen for 11€! Yay. It's said to be a beyerdynamic 260 OEM ribbon capsule (just one ribbon)
I had some trouble opening the microphone basket and the housing because its held together with little steel pins i had to push inside. Unfortunately i cant get the pins out, so they are lost in the plastic (maybe ABS) housing. One pin i had to bore out carefully so the hole is now a little bigger and will have to be filled (maybe epoxy).
The mic is working fine, got a new XLR cable, all insides were left as they were.
Any ideas how i could replace the pins so that it would be easy to reopen the mic? Like a glue that melts on warming  or anything similar?
Can't you drill and tap? Very small screws and taps are available from modelling shops, even on amazon.

Good idea I'll give it a try. Dont know how good such a small tap would work in ABS.

Latest posts

Back