Amek Recall Info and Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Anyone have schematics for the Amek Recall? Also for those who have used them how are they? I'm especially interested in the EQs.

Been looking for a console that is easily repairable and modable, and this has some of the features I need.

I worked at a studio with 2 RM Amek mozarts. (RM- Rupert Neve I/O)  It had recall and used time code and had nice eq but it was eq in or out or on off mute for channels and aux sends.  If you needed eq changes you use two channels with a mult and mute unmute different channels.  If your using a daw you have better functions in the daw .  If your using tape then it was good for those days.  You had 80 returns and  12 Auxes..  It was a clean sounding console.  Its not like An 80 series Neve.  The older Angela’s had transformers and so might have a warmer or what ever you want to call it sound but I never work on one.  I started on an 8036 neve and it had that fat rock and roll tone and lots of daily maintenance.  The Mozarts had A great transient sound for percussion and such.
  If I remember right caps got changed out twice in the consoles during there life.  Also did a ton of remotes with a truck that had an Einstein.  I liked it better than the soundCraft that it replaced.  More headroom in the mix buss.  When recording live I could pull down the master and pop Up narration quickly.  Lots of ways to do this but headroom for a remote and live broadcast is where I want to live.  Also good for raising applause and lowering stage at the same time.  Anyway i could get parts and you still can with some odd pots that need replaced from time to time.

John I’m sure the RN eqs are the same as what’s in the recall.  They would add an extra tracking pot to store recall control voltage per pot and switch.  I have the Mozart RN sch some were.   

Are you looking to buy one or build something?

I see you want to buy one

Back