ABS block for bus bars

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boji

Does anyone think there's a better material out there I should be looking for to mill so as to suspend bus bars?

Thanks for your input.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Thick-Width-Tolerance-Natural/dp/B07JGDLJYS

KwIS6DU.jpg

I think I would be tempted to use nylon rather than ABS but I have no idea if it is available in the form you need.

Cheers

Ian

Surely there must be something 'off the shelf' from electrical supply sources made specifically for the job you want to do ,
Many other types of terminal blocks and stand-offs around , shouldnt really be a need to turn it into an engineering job .
Having said that ,if you have the time , inclination and dedication theres nothing cant be done .  White nylon stand offs with brass thread inserts at either end (see below).  Some of the other materials you mentioned might have more stable characteristics with regards temperature and voltage , probably wont matter in your application .

Attachments

• pillars-standoffs.jpeg
    pillars-standoffs.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 6
For power distribution bus bar mounting  and rigid barriers fr4/bakelite/garolite or similar resin reinforced glass  material is used.
Works for buss bars too.

Mcmaster Carr has sheets angles channels rods etc.
Kinda nasty to machine, dust and fumes are bad. 

Why not use those strips with solder tags like oldskooler DaveP?

Back