living sounds

Re: The enemys of democracy
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:50 PM »

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Omg...i can't believe Trump is gone. It's like a new day...

iturnknobs

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2021, 08:49:39 AM »
+1
     The temperature already appears to have been turned down. Here's some info pointing to a similar effect(at bottom)...
If only his supporters could have stood up and spoken out about "chumming the waters", we may have not reached such a "boiling over" point... good riddance.

https://wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/international/73-drop-in-election-misinformation-since-trump-s-twitter-ban-report-121011800211_1.html
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2021, 09:42:25 AM »

Feels like I've just taken a 250 pound sh*t
D. J. H.

The standard way to reduce much of the noise and distortion in audio gear in 1955 was to have a couple of beers.
 Anything else was too fiddlesome and too expensive.

cyrano

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2021, 12:05:10 PM »
Here's an American who explains the feeling I had when I wrote 'healing" much better than I ever could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoP9ufM3bjw
Why is it people love to believe and hate to know?

hodad

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2021, 03:26:50 PM »
Here's an American who explains the feeling I had when I wrote 'healing" much better than I ever could:

Didn't watch (it was slow loading & I lost patience--sorry.)  In the real world of US politics, Republicans are still putting party over people.  Mitch McConnell still cares more about himself than he does about accomplishing anything.  As I've indicated before,  I'm willing to listen to apologies and admissions of error from GOP types; I think many DC Dems, even many of the liberal ones, would be willing to work with republicans as long as they actually wanted to do something besides obstruct Democrats' agenda. 

I'm completely done with Republican BS;  we've been down this road before, and with many of the same bad actors.  Once they show they're honest dealers who are willing to put country before party, then we can talk.

hodad

« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2021, 10:20:16 AM »
Another facet of Trump's attempted autogolpe:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-justice-department-overturn-election/2021/01/22/b7f0b9fa-5d1c-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html

And of course we find out that the insurrection was essentially a disguised Trump campaign rally--numerous former Trump campaign workers put it together. 

All of which points to why this man should never be allowed to serve in public office again.

iturnknobs

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »
Another facet of Trump's attempted autogolpe:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-justice-department-overturn-election/2021/01/22/b7f0b9fa-5d1c-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html

And of course we find out that the insurrection was essentially a disguised Trump campaign rally--numerous former Trump campaign workers put it together. 

All of which points to why this man should never be allowed to serve in public office again.

Hodad-
If you want to get your across via a WP article, you should provide the link AND copy and paste the pertinent text from said article. Subscriptions are required to view WP articles online and I guarantee the people's minds you're trying to change(or even debate with) probably don't give money to a "fake news" establishment.
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.