covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L´Andratté said:
Quote from: fallout on April 03, 2020, 01:37:56 PM
Here's an interesting clip of Dr Fauci in January.. Nothing to see here... Move along...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hOSZ3p_wm/?utm_source=ig_embed
From the instagram commentary...
This is on 2/2009. That's the year Donald C Alexander Died..look at the bottom of the screen!!

Nice try... Jan 21, 2020 is when Thomas Railsback died and you can also look at the upper left hand corner of the screen to confirm (hint.. you can clearly see 21/20)

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-01-21/gop-congressman-who-backed-nixon-impeachment-dead-at-87

Just some random paragraphs, quotes, etc.  I think they're short enough for fair use.
Shortly after White House senior adviser Jared Kushner said at a Thursday press briefing that the Strategic National Stockpile is not meant for states’ use, language was scrubbed from and altered on government websites to reflect Kushner’s claim.

“The state still has a stockpile and the notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” Kushner said at a briefing about the coronavirus pandemic. “It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kushner-stockpile-trump-coronavirus

They were for the states & territories, until they became ours (meaning Trump and his cronies????)

3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were confiscated in Port of New York, leading to creative alternative
https://www.wcvb.com/article/3-million-masks-ordered-by-massachusetts-were-confiscated-in-port-of-new-york/32021700#

And this after Trump declares states are on their own to get supplies.  I'm sure the confiscated masks were headed directly to their stockpile. 

In September 2018, the Trump administration received detailed plans for a new machine designed to churn out millions of protective respirator masks at high speed during a pandemic.

The plans, submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) by medical manufacturer O&M Halyard, were the culmination of a venture unveiled almost three years earlier by the Obama administration.

But HHS did not proceed with making the machine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/federal-government-spent-millions-to-ramp-up-mask-readiness-but-that-isnt-helping-now/2020/04/03/d62dda5c-74fa-11ea-a9bd-9f8b593300d0_story.html

It wasn't a terribly expensive project (several million bucks, chump change by fed standards and when one considers the misery it could have spared).  But it was an Obama project, so it was pretty much worthless, right?  Just like that pandemic task force that had to be axed--because, you know, Obama.

And because one should never let a good crisis go to waste: 

Trump says he will fire intelligence watchdog at center of Ukraine allegations that led to impeachment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-says-he-will-fire-intelligence-watchdog-at-center-of-ukraine-allegations-that-led-to-impeachment/2020/04/03/d0b873d4-761c-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

That will make a handful of IG posts that Trump is leaving vacant--because no one needs to guard the henhouse when Trump is in charge--right?  He's our national savior!!!!!!!

fallout said:
Nice try... Jan 21, 2020 is when Thomas Railsback died and you can also look at the upper left hand corner of the screen to confirm (hint.. you can clearly see 21/20)

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-01-21/gop-congressman-who-backed-nixon-impeachment-dead-at-87
Thanks for clarification!

“I just don’t want to wear one myself."

The guy is a beautiful, perfect leader. I can only hope that his decision will have a beautiful, perfect outcome.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/im-not-going-to-do-it-trump-refutes-his-own-administrations-advice-on-masks

iturnknobs said:
Does anyone recall voting for Jared Kushner? The blind are putting the blind, deaf and dumb in charge. Can anyone cite credentials that would qualify this person for his newly found responsibilities? When will the stupidity stop? When will the people see? When enough people die, and I don't know what that number is:

+1
sad :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hOSZ3p_wm/?utm_source=ig_embed
re this video :

which news/TV channel is that ?

edit : newsmax tv !

crazydoc said:
“I just don’t want to wear one myself."
he has no filters so often says whatever comes to mind....  perhaps not the ideal spokesman for issuing important health advice.
The guy is a beautiful, perfect leader. I can only hope that his decision will have a beautiful, perfect outcome.
nicely laid between the lines...  ;D 

He seems to be a little lower energy than usual (tired, old? but I couldn't keep up with him), maybe he needs to let others around him talk more. His blowhard nature is showing, but politically it is probably working for him to be in front of the TV audience as much as he can. (Gov Cuomo seems to have recognized the merit of that strategy and is doing the same). 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/im-not-going-to-do-it-trump-refutes-his-own-administrations-advice-on-masks
Speaking of politics it is perhaps interesting how that link description, differs from the actual headline and story. President Trump DID NOT REFUTE the advice, in fact he reiterated the advice, but shared (in a little too much honesty) that he personally didn't want to wear a mask in his office (I don't either).

Damn him speaking too honestly again...  ::) but agreed the perfect health spokesman should wear the mask to set a good example  ::)... and on that same topic maybe not stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of mostly old people on stage.  :eek:

JR

OMG, CNN keep lying again re medical grade masks...
according to their source from WH bullsh*t as usual,
health officials are worried that people would rush out and buy all n95 masks etc!  bla bla bla bla bla!!!!!

there is no medical grade N95 masks are on sale to public in USA. period!

The first Wyoming case was reported on March 11

Governor Gordon and State Health Officer issued
statewide business closures in response to coronavirus, March 19
statewide closure order for public spaces, March 20

there are more, but no need to list all...

CNN still asking nonsense questions ... oh FOX is not better!

are those two has a  hidden same person, to play games with US public !!!
just doesnt make sense!

law about not releasing your source's ID  for your information needs to be changed to something
tougher!

i can easily say, according to my source JR is actually from space, he is not human, my source saw him
covering his UFO on his backyard with an invisible blanket  and he had a yellow bottle in his hand  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

proof it otherwise!

JohnRoberts said:
He seems to be a little lower energy than usual (tired, old? but I couldn't keep up with him), maybe he needs to let others around him talk more. His blowhard nature is showing, but politically it is probably working for him to be in front of the TV audience as much as he can. (Gov Cuomo seems to have recognized the merit of that strategy and is doing the same).  Speaking of politics it is perhaps interesting how that link description, differs from the actual headline and story. President Trump DID NOT REFUTE the advice, in fact he reiterated the advice, but shared (in a little too much honesty) that he personally didn't want to wear a mask in his office (I don't either).

How would any decent manager justify spending more an hour plus every day doing these press briefings, which are clearly not "brief"?

Scodiddly said:
How would any decent manager justify spending more an hour plus every day doing these press briefings, which are clearly not "brief"?
It takes quite a while to try to convince people you're a silk purse, not a sow's ear.

Scodiddly said:
In case I wasn't clear this is just smart politics. The business of politics is getting re-elected.

The classic photo op for incumbent POTUS is to do anything that remotely looks presidential, this is almost too sweet of an opportunity to pass up. Even the opposition media have figured this out (it took them a while) and are now trying to ignore it, if they can.

POTUS is the "chief executive" that means he doesn't do the actual work but sets direction and goals, while making other people do the heavy lifting. VP Pence could easily run the press briefings except for the obvious (lights and TV cameras).

JR

L´Andratté said:
Well it works for Democrats and Republicans...

u have to bend over to either side! pick one... doesnt really make any difference!

https://www.straight.com/news/republican-senate-hopeful-shiva-ayyadurai-calls-for-firing-of-us-pandemic-control-czar-dr

Right out of The Georgia Straight. Governor: Republican Brian Kemp, who claimed he just got the info stating asymptomatic people could be contagious a couple days ago. For the record, this is the case for THE COMMON COLD.  Yet, jackasses are still elected.
    I probably shouldn't even post links to well written propaganda such as this. Lots of "scientific" information and quoted statistics concerning morbidity rates for other afflictions. I don't recall semi trailers for morgue overflow in New York for any of these other afflictions(there goes that LOGIC thing again). This fool should go back over to India to watch what happens as this pandemic is about to spread through the slums over there. I do not believe in God, but somebody needs to pray for those people.

iturnknobs said:
. Governor: Republican Brian Kemp, who claimed he just got the info stating asymptomatic people could be contagious a couple days ago. For the record, this is the case for THE COMMON COLD.  Yet, jackasses are still elected.

Kemp got elected by playing the part of a bass-ackwards hillbilly redneck.  He hammed it up for all the rural & outer suburban right wingers.  They loved it, of course.  It didn't hurt that as Secretary of State he spent years engaging in vote suppression and had the opportunity to put his thumb on the scale of his own gubernatorial election. 

I have no inside knowledge here, but I think part of the delay with Republican governors is their own and their consituents' obeisance to Trump.  He's no genius, but I don't really think Kemp is quite as stupid as he appears (although reopening Georgia's beaches was pretty idiotic).  It's a part that has to be played for the unwashed/brainwashed Republican base--although with the way coronavirus is spreading through the state, he may need to try to be a little more serious.

If you exercise your religious RIGHT to assemble en masse, you should be denied your PRIVILEGE to health care should you come down with COVID-19, as you stick your middle finger in the faces of the people who unselfishly put their lives on the line to care for people who need it. There are a number of reports from many rural areas in the country of church services, weddings and funerals. SHAME. Please relay this sentiment to those you are in contact with that behave in this manner. God may protect idiots, but humans shouldn't.

iturnknobs said:
If you exercise your religious RIGHT to assemble en masse, you should be denied your PRIVILEGE to health care should you come down with COVID-19, as you stick your middle finger in the faces of the people who unselfishly put their lives on the line to care for people who need it. There are a number of reports from many rural areas in the country of church services, weddings and funerals. SHAME. Please relay this sentiment to those you are in contact with that behave in this manner. God may protect idiots, but humans shouldn't.
I just did a search... first hit was Buffalo, second was Baltimore, LA coonasses didn't show up until 3rd... But maybe rural people moved to those big cities...

There are dumbasses everywhere...

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back