covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the madness keeps flowing...

San Diego police are continuing to ticket homeless San Diegans and compel them to move elsewhere despite federal guidance discouraging law enforcement from disrupting homeless camps and potentially fueling the spread of coronavirus, and a City Council resolution encouraging the mayor to consider relaxing crackdowns on those sleeping in their cars.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month encouraged cities not to clear homeless camps unless they can move those living there into housing.

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/public-safety/police-are-still-citing-the-homeless-despite-cdc-and-council-guidance/

While every idiot can see the danger in displacing the homeless, the orange genius is giving away the Moon:

https://phys.org/news/2020-04-trump-moon-asteroids.html

And as if that wasn't enough, according to the Washington Post, relieve checks have been delayed, because the orange genius wants his name printed on them.

Everyone can clearly see what a Great! Leader! this guy is. Always on the Frontline for his people!

Lansing, MI:

Currently a protest against the state stay at home order is occurring.  Prevalent in almost every camera shot is the American flag, MAGA hats, Trump 2020 flags and the confederate flag. The last time I refreshed myself on the Civil war, the confederate flag is a symbol of treason... and I personally don't collect and display losing lottery tickets(because I LOST). Looks like all the woketards are staying home. Why is the stupidity always leaning to the the right?

cyrano said:
And as if that wasn't enough, according to the Washington Post, relieve checks have been delayed, because the orange genius wants his name printed on them.

If this is true, many people who voted for Trump, or are considering to do so, can go hungry for a while so they can see what their decisions do for the American people. Pain is the only eye opener.

On another note, hooray for Wisconsin. The Republicans lost that Supreme Court seat and democrats had to put their lives in jeopardy to do so. Leaning to the right is wrong.

This is what happens when Congress votes on something they don't read (or maybe they did and didn't care).  The few congressman who wanted to actually debate the stinulus bill got a lot of flac for it.

Part of the stimulus bill is a huge tax cut for the rich.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaharziv/2020/04/14/why-are-rich-americans-getting-17-million-stimulus-checks/amp/

The 2 trillion bill is about $6k per person cost.  Take out the $1200 check and the average middle class person is paying  $4800 to help bailout irresponsible corporations and reduce rich peoples taxes. Certainly a raw deal.

Trump's twitter feed:

"I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen 'Half' Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn't have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude! #MAGA"

Maybe that has something to do with some of the "attendees".

iturnknobs said:
If this is true, many people who voted for Trump, or are considering to do so, can go hungry for a while so they can see what their decisions do for the American people. Pain is the only eye opener.

The check in the mail will be late. The 80 million or so who registered with the IRS for direct payment might also have to wait, as US banks can't seem to handle the traffic:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/online-banking-struggling-as-people-check-for-coronavirus-stimulus-checks

It's not certain if the delayed check story from the Washington Post is accurate. It seems the IRS is denying it now, after confirming it to the Post. The checks will however go out end of April. Don't know if that's late?

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/15/835105999/report-adding-trumps-name-to-checks-will-delay-them-irs-says-they-re-on-schedule

...and now Trump is threatening to adjourn Congress to fill open positions that would normally require a vote to approve the nominee. It's his administration that vowed to "deconstruct the administrative state". They gutted many agencies and left positions open that they are now being criticized for. Now Trump is using the COVID-19 crisis to push through and finally fill these positions with his choices, unopposed and without oversight or approval. Republicans are dirty cheaters(Gorsuch, need I say more?).If this starts to occur and the people no longer have any say, how does this ever get resolved. This, in my opinion, would be the start of the end of our country. What do people do when they have no say. History tells us that the answer is bad.

iturnknobs said:
Lansing, MI:

Currently a protest against the state stay at home order is occurring.
Honestly as long as they're respectful of folks who are not participating, then it seems to me that it should be ok if they're just hanging out with each other. Some will get sick. It might be born out of stupidity but they will reach a local herd-immunity sooner. It doesn't look like enough to overwhelm the hospitals but I suppose it will be awkward when they end up in the hospital looking for help from the doctors they claim are lying.

Some will get sick. It might be born out of stupidity but they will reach a local herd-immunity sooner. It doesn't look like enough to overwhelm the hospitals...
And that latter is exactly what could happen, has happened, and is happening elsewhere.

Script said:
And that latter is exactly what could happen, has happened, and is happening elsewhere.
We are getting closer to anti-body testing so we can gauge herd immunity. This seems critical path for safely reopening the economy (in my judgement).

JR

PS: I hope the partisan enmity apparent here is evidence of reduced fear, not increased.

Trump's name on checks:

"Oh thank you Mr. President for sending me money. I'll certainly vote for you."

Attachments

• trump-stimulus.jpg
    trump-stimulus.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 15
JohnRoberts said:
PS: I hope the partisan enmity apparent here is evidence of reduced fear, not increased.

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2020/04/15/devos-group-right-wing-fringe-organization-threaten-public-health

The party I affiliate with does not pay to push people to the streets to protest common sense in the midst of a pandemic, nor does it force voters in major cities to cram all voters into 4% of all available voting locations in order to create fear and win(which they fortunately did not). The partisan enmity that absolutely exists is created out of lack of logic and contempt towards those who push hate, fear and exploit single issue voters. I can't seem to find documentation showing polar opposition of the stances I have provided examples for.  Please convince people not to root for the bad guy/evil wrestler... Oops, partisan enmity caused by real life observation.

I understand delays in creating vaccines and even anti-body tests, but why the shortage in N95 masks? This is certainly a mature technology and widely used across multiple industries other than medical care.

Now that some governors are instructing all citizens to wear masks, why not have effective masks more widely available? 

======

I wore my dust mask, left over from yard work today on my once a week shopping trip. Availability of some items was still a little sketchy, and inexplicably Walmart decided to strip and clean the floors this morning blocking off several aisles I wanted to shop from. I ended up going to a second food store nearby and still didn't get everything I on my list, but I'll live until next week to shop again. 

Funny if I try to order the items I needed from walmart's website they say only available at the store.

JR

The N95 shortage is probably 1 of 2 things.  Usage rate spiked exceeding regular production capacity.  Or there is an issue somewhere along the supply chain,  hoarding,  or unscrupulous people stockpiling in order to price gouge.

I used to just buy them at the hardware store for dust related activities.  Never knew they were also used in medical.

scott2000 said:
I mentioned before wondering about a diy mask using those 9 or 10 rated Air Conditioner filters...They say block virus carriers??

Looks like there may be videos online atm now that I'm looking.....

I picked one up a while ago just in case....It has some reinforcement in it so not sure how it would go///
My hepa rated Hoover vacuum cleaner bags are rated to catch 5 micron particles (dust-allergens).  The actual virus is much smaller than 5 microns, but the water droplets the virus generally travels in are about that size.

I haven't started cutting up my unused vacuum cleaner bag (yet) but today at Walmart doing my weekly grocery shopping I tried to buy more... only found a generic walmart bag....  I took it home and it doesn't mention hepa so probably isn't.

I still think proper n95 masks should be more widely available.

How about inventing a better mask?

JR

iturnknobs said:
...and now Trump is threatening to adjourn Congress to fill open positions that would normally require a vote to approve the nominee. It's his administration that vowed to "deconstruct the administrative state". They gutted many agencies and left positions open that they are now being criticized for. Now Trump is using the COVID-19 crisis to push through and finally fill these positions with his choices, unopposed and without oversight or approval. Republicans are dirty cheaters(Gorsuch, need I say more?).If this starts to occur and the people no longer have any say, how does this ever get resolved. This, in my opinion, would be the start of the end of our country. What do people do when they have no say. History tells us that the answer is bad.
You should Google the latest Federalist Society nutjob that just got rammed into a Federal judge position in Kentucky.  The next SC seat pick no doubt - Justin Walker.

Apparently 'originalism' only applies when you need a justification for your preferred outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back