covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydoc said:
Try 50mg Benadryl (diphenhydramine) tonight (may make you drowsy).
I probably had some Benadryl laying around but i recently went through my pills cupboard and threw away everything that expired last century, or over a decade ago.

I tried some hydrocortisone creme that is still current but the topical doesn't really get down inside where the inflammation response was active. I even iced it and that helped some but its still warmer than my other arm... The pustule seems to be drying up.

This is not a big deal and is already subsiding,,,,
===

For TMI about caterpillars, I have an issue with tent caterpillars eating my pecan tree leaves. I recently discovered a tree spray using some bacteria that apparently attacks only the tent caterpillars but leaves the other beneficial insects alone. Thats on my list for this summer.

thanx

JR

crazydoc said:
This morning the inflammation and redness is somewhat reduced but not gone. I masked up and walked over to the dollar general looking for Benadryl... I found a Benadryl topical anti-itch creme that seemed close.

I put on my magnifying glasses and used my tweezer to clean and search the still oozing ulcer for any remaining bug parts. I extracted a few likely suspects but probably just little pieces of me, no obvious stinger or venom sac.

Taking it internally would probably work better to address my sub-dermal allergic reaction, hopefully some active ingredients will get absorbed through the skin, so I will dose it well externally.

I remain optimistic.  Thanx

JR

[update- days later that forearm is still a little warm to the touch but swelling has pretty much subsided.  The pustules have scabbed over and there were clearly two bites/stings...  could be one angry fire ant, or two. Spacing looks like a huge snake bite, but i would have noticed that.  This week I'll buy some Benadryl for internal dosing with my grocery shopping, JIC for next time.  The topical helped some but didn't knock it down quickly.  /update]

Had to leave when those on the right tried to "unexplain" accepted Merriam-Webster definitions.

Democrats:  Benghazi:      4
Republicans: COVID-19:  100,000

Happy milestone, right-wingers.

AMERICA FIRST... by a long shot.

Shall we touch on the word hoax again?

This sort of thing has become routine.  This is what Republicans support when they support Trump.  It's like a giant network of con artists have attached themselves to President Grift, and periodically they spin off to steal more taxpayer money. 

A former White House aide won a $3 million federal contract to supply respirator masks to Navajo Nation hospitals in New Mexico and Arizona 11 days after he created a company to sell personal protective equipment in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Zach Fuentes, President Donald Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, secured the deal with the Indian Health Service with limited competitive bidding and no prior federal contracting experience.

The IHS told ProPublica it has found that 247,000 of the masks delivered by Fuentes’ company — at a cost of roughly $800,000 — may be unsuitable for medical use. An additional 130,400, worth about $422,000, are not the type specified in the procurement data, the agency said.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-feds-gave-a-former-white-house-official-3-million-to-supply-masks-to-navajo-hospitals-some-may-not-work

crazydoc said:
Another swing and a miss (by me)... today while grocery shopping I tried to buy some Benadryl and all they had was a children's version...  I figured I'd just dose up appropriately, but after getting it home, its a cherry flavored syrup...(sugar helps the medicine go down). I took some anyhow.

The arm is almost back to normal, the inflammation has receded to maybe a couple square inches immediately around the bites. 

JR

PS; Being called "Con artist" is a new ad hominem, I should keep a list. This name calling is becoming "routine" but President Trump is actually better at name calling too, for better and worse, mostly worse, IMO.  ::) My favorite was when some lady called me a drummer thinking that would insult me.

JohnRoberts said:
Another swing and a miss (by me)... today while grocery shopping I tried to buy some Benadryl and all they had was a children's version...  I figured I'd just dose up appropriately, but after getting it home, its a cherry flavored syrup...(sugar helps the medicine go down). I took some anyhow.

The arm is almost back to normal, the inflammation has receded to maybe a couple square inches immediately around the bites. 
It sounds like this was more an inflammatory reaction rather than allergic, but enjoy the cherry syrup! As long as it's getting smaller and not red and painful, probably not infection, and it should resolve on its own. You might try applying some heat (folded hot cloth) intermittently for faster resolution.

Disclaimer - this is NOT medical advice.  :)

crazydoc said:
It sounds like this was more an inflammatory reaction rather than allergic, but enjoy the cherry syrup! As long as it's getting smaller and not red and painful, probably not infection, and it should resolve on its own. You might try applying some heat (folded hot cloth) intermittently for faster resolution.

Disclaimer - this is NOT medical advice.  :)
I iced it some the first day, while I was already icing my knee (arthritis).  It is still a little warm now, but just barely perceptible and only right at the bite(s). Before the entire forearm was inflamed.

I understand icing to draw fresh blood into the area to promote healing...  Does a hot compress similarly increase blood circulation?

For the first few days the arm felt a little sore, as if the excess blood drawn into the area by inflammation/swelling was putrefying in place. Coincidentally I had a broken blood vessel in that same arm's bicep years ago (basketball injury from a flailing elbow down in the post). That time my arm filled up with blood, when I foolishly tried to run 5 miles the next day.  Long story short venal blood flow out of that arm may still be compromised. 

No worries, I routinely self diagnose and medicate... mostly with ethyl alcohol. If benadryl makes me drowsy not sure I could tell?  8) 

JR

JohnRoberts said:
PS; Being called "Con artist" is a new ad hominem,

It's a descriptor.  It's not aimed at you.  Please tell what is not a con about the incident described above.  Indulge me.  Tell me how someone with close connections to the White House and no experience in the medical field gets a 3 million dollar contract and does not provide the product he is supposed to is all above board and legitimate.  Tell me how this is making America great again. 

Please explain why Fuentes should not be called a con artist. 

JohnRoberts said:
I understand icing to draw fresh blood into the area to promote healing...  Does a hot compress similarly increase blood circulation?
Icing keeps blood from flowing to an area (constricts blood vessels), to prevent leaking from the capillaries and an inflammatory response, causing swelling - used mostly for traumatic injuries such as bruises and sprains, and initially for allergic reactions that swell. Heat is used to bring blood flow to an area, especially for infection when you want infection-fighting cells and chemicals there. A fever is heat to your whole body when fighting a systemic infection and it's probably best not to decrease it as long as it's not dangerously high, but it can sure make you feel like sh!t.

I suggested heat at this point, as it might help bring blood and cells to clear out residual inflammatory debris that could be there.

hodad said:
It's a descriptor.  It's not aimed at you. 
I would be in the same group you lump all Trump voters into
Please tell what is not a con about the incident described above.
I'd have to study it, was that the guy I mentioned a couple weeks ago...?  I'm sure there are more than one.
Indulge me. 
hard to believe but I do have better things to do..
Tell me how someone with close connections to the White House and no experience in the medical field gets a 3 million dollar contract and does not provide the product he is supposed to is all above board and legitimate. 
Kind of sounds a little like Hunter Biden's windfalls from "consulting" (or whatever) with Ukraine and China. lacking industry experience.  While of course I do not make any direct comparison... ::)  just looks and quacks like same kind of duck.
Tell me how this is making America great again. 
draining the swamp of all swamp dwellers is a good thing, even republican swamp rats.
Please explain why Fuentes should not be called a con artist.
First I would have to figure out who that is... More important stuff going on right now around the world. (withdrawal from Afghanistan without just giving free reign to Taliban, Russian aircraft are supporting anti government militia in Libya while Turkey is supporting Libyan government. (looks like Russia is diving into ME drama with both feet). Iran shipping tons of refined gasoline to Maduro to support his weak grasp on power in Venezuela  (Maduro gives gasoline to army generals who still support him, and they retail it for cash). Ironically Venezuela sits on huge oil reserves but must import gasoline because they can't keep their own refineries running.

and much more...

JR

crazydoc said:
Icing keeps blood from flowing to an area (constricts blood vessels), to prevent leaking from the capillaries and an inflammatory response, causing swelling - used mostly for traumatic injuries such as bruises and sprains, and initially for allergic reactions that swell. Heat is used to bring blood flow to an area, especially for infection when you want infection-fighting cells and chemicals there. A fever is heat to your whole body when fighting a systemic infection and it's probably best not to decrease it as long as it's not dangerously high, but it can sure make you feel like sh!t.

I suggested heat at this point, as it might help bring blood and cells to clear out residual inflammatory debris that could be there.
Thanks,,, perhaps I was confusing alternating heat with cold...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Kind of sounds a little like Hunter Biden's windfalls from "consulting" (or whatever) with Ukraine and China. lacking industry experience.  While of course I do not make any direct comparison... ::)  just looks and quacks like same kind of duck.
JR

Thanks for this nice example of whataboutism.  Further, I have not defended Hunter Biden's actions.  It appears that he traded on his name to get paid by some unsavory characters.  He was not, however, working to obtain a contract from an administration he recently left, and he didn't fail to provide potentially lifesaving equipment he was contractually obligated to provide.  So yeah, not really the same thing.

hodad said:
Thanks for this nice example of whataboutism.  Further, I have not defended Hunter Biden's actions.  It appears that he traded on his name to get paid by some unsavory characters.  He was not, however, working to obtain a contract from an administration he recently left, and he didn't fail to provide potentially lifesaving equipment he was contractually obligated to provide.  So yeah, not really the same thing.
No whataboutism is to excuse bad behavior by showing other examples... I say burn them all...

But there does seem to be some selective hypocrisy in whom gets attacked.

drain the entire swamp.

JR

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/pennsylvania-state-house-andrew-lewis/index.html

On May 20, Pennsylvania state Rep. Andrew Lewis, a Republican, tested positive for the coronavirus.

On May 27 -- aka Wednesday -- his Democratic colleagues say he finally told them about the positive test

REPUBLICAN SCUMBAGS. You cant make this SH*T up!!!

iturnknobs said:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/pennsylvania-state-house-andrew-lewis/index.html

On May 20, Pennsylvania state Rep. Andrew Lewis, a Republican, tested positive for the coronavirus.

On May 27 -- aka Wednesday -- his Democratic colleagues say he finally told them about the positive test

REPUBLICAN SCUMBAGS. You cant make this SH*T up!!!
New pejorative noted...

cnn said:
Lewis added that he followed the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's workplace exposure guidelines to determine who may have been exposed, saying, "I can confirm every member or staff member who met the criteria for exposure was immediately contacted and required to self-isolate for 14 days from their date of possible exposure."

JR

crazydoc said:

The one oral dose of Benadryl KO'd the lingering inflammation. Mission accomplished, thanx.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The one oral dose of Benadryl KO'd the lingering inflammation. Mission accomplished, thanx.

JR

Glad you're back in excellent form.

On another note, homo sapiens, thou art the highest form of intelligence in the known universe. I will "bare" with you.

Attachments

• no-masks.jpg
    no-masks.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 15
And this is what they put up around here. A mask could be anything -- including self-made from cloth.

Attachments

• P_20200529_154323_1_1.jpg
    P_20200529_154323_1_1.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 11
JohnRoberts said:
New pejorative noted...

JR

Nice. Put that one in a jar with 'Murica. The point is NOT the isolation protocol afterwards, but the fact that this person knew he tested positive and didn't tell his co-workers for over a week while they could have been spreading it... but you can keep fooling yourself.  Talk about moving some goal posts. That republican should pat himself on the back for hiding the fact that he tested positive and then did the right thing one week later... You are absolved, my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back