covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
But feel free to keep in the correct lane... Why does every single thing become politicized?
JR
I'll just move this to the "politically correct" thread.

"Why does every single thing become politicized?"
Why do you even have to ask this -it's a no-brainer, because of the no-brainer president. He is "managing" this health crisis by the pure political motivation of getting re-elected and staying in the spotlight of imaginary adulation. The science and the facts seem to be incomprehensible to him, and the more he does the worse things get for the country.

This guy, and his retarded sycophant followers, have grabbed the country's pussy and think they are going to have a huge orgasm. But it's looking like it will be erotic asphyxiation gone bad.

As the saying goes, in this pandemic we are fighting two wars - one against covid, and one against stupidity (and we are losing both).

I gather you have no thoughts about mask efficacy?
What does it even matter. Their effectiveness, helpful though somewhat limited, is only useful if everybody wears them, and that's not gonna happen.

scott2000 said:
Something....Surely the workers are tested often?
Back months ago, nobody was getting tested.  Reportedly some nursing home workers have shifts in more than one nursing home, so can be a vector to spread infection from home to home.
But maybe passing it around unknowingly I suppose....
hopefully all are passed around innocently but it looks like some kids may be trying to get infected, or don't care about unintended spread. 
I was reading too that the visits to hospitals aren't uncommon in nursing homes. People are even sent to nursing homes to recover from procedures and not necessarily there to stay as residents..
In  NY reportedly Cuomo sent hospital covid patients to nursing homes, and mandated that they take them...  Of course he is not the only politician to ever make a mistake, and won't be the last, but it tarnishes his victory laps.

JR

crazydoc said:
I'll just move this to the "politically correct" thread.

"Why does every single thing become politicized?"
Why do you even have to ask this -it's a no-brainer, because of the no-brainer president. He is "managing" this health crisis by the pure political motivation of getting re-elected and staying in the spotlight of imaginary adulation. The science and the facts seem to be incomprehensible to him, and the more he does the worse things get for the country.

This guy, and his retarded sycophant followers,
who me?
have grabbed the country's pussy and think they are going to have a huge orgasm. But it's looking like it will be erotic asphyxiation gone bad.
are you high?
As the saying goes, in this pandemic we are fighting two wars - one against covid, and one against stupidity (and we are losing both).
lots of stupidity to go around..... it seems like idiocracy coming to life (defund the police, etc).
What does it even matter. Their effectiveness, helpful though somewhat limited, is only useful if everybody wears them, and that's not gonna happen.
As I said two people wearing them are more than twice as effective than only one. But covid aerosols can range as small as 60 nm and masks are tested at something like 200-300 nm. Not perfect but even wearing one mask is better than none (probably a lot more more than 2x better).

I read an article today about covid deaths in hospital workers inside an IL university hospital... besides tens of infections among employees two registered nurses died, and two lab technicians also passed. I will ASSume they had PPE, the article described them using PPE but did not go into details. From a photo of the deceased they appeared significantly overweight (a known risk factor).

JR

crazydoc said:
Yes, if you are one of those.
I do not believe I am a retarded sycophant (while I wouldn't expect them to).

I am unclear what you think about me, but evidence suggests you do not hold us in high regard.
No, why do you ask?
Your rant sounds a little emotional... perhaps TDS...

at least you are keeping it in the right trench (or should I say left trench).  ::)

JR

JohnRoberts said:
... it seems like idiocracy coming to life (defund the police, etc)

Defund the police doesn't mean no police.  It means start again with a proper code of ethics.

US police departments fail to meet even the minimum requirements set out for international rights in regard to use of deadly force.
That is a fact.
That this doesn't bother you, or that you refuse to see it, says a lot.

Edit - In addition -  That the only criticism I've ever seen you say about Trump is that he's a 'blowhard' also says a lot.

JohnRoberts said:
I am unclear what you think about me,
Just hoping you're the devil's advocate.

but evidence suggests you do not hold us in high regard.
Sure don't.
Your rant sounds a little emotional... perhaps TDS...
Had to look that up - yup. The guy is dragging us all down.

I found this definition too  - looks like you might have it:
"a.k.a. Trump Derangement Syndrome or Trump Delusion Syndrome. The inability to find fault with Trump due to the fact that you voted for him in 2016. "  ;D

7/7/2020
"So we've done a good job. I think we are going to be in two, three, four weeks, by the time we next speak, I think we are going to be in very good shape," Trump added.

бозе мой!

Winston O'Boogie said:
Defund the police doesn't mean no police.  It means start again with a proper code of ethics.
then why the F don't they say that..?  "defund" is well understood in the english language.
US police departments fail to meet even the minimum requirements set out for international rights in regard to use of deadly force.
Huh?  I suspect international human rights never embraces deadly force. If an arrest ends up with a death, one or more of the parties involved messed up. There are lots of exampled when suspects committed suicide by cop perhaps out of ignorance.

What does international human rights say about killing police officers?
That is a fact.
?
That this doesn't bother you, or that you refuse to see it, says a lot.
You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Edit - In addition -  That the only criticism I've ever seen you say about Trump is that he's a 'blowhard' also says a lot.
He is a blowhard, obviously...  just today I criticized him for poor message discipline stepping on his own message with nascar tweet storm (albeit I didn't say that here, why waste my time?)

In my judgement he isn't the laundry list of pejoratives your team make up about him, but i do not know him as well as you think you do.  Just because you don't get push back inside your echo chamber don't ASSume it's all true. 

JR

JohnRoberts said:
tHe is a blowhard, obviously... 
JR
Yes, but the real problem is his incompetence.  His handling of COVID has been, and continues to be, a national embarrassment.  First, he ignored it.  Then, he dismissed it.  After that, he didn't prepare for it. Then he assured us all it would just go away.  Then he touted an unproven drug--over and over and over.  By this time he'd started to show a complete lack of presidential leadership.  At this point, it was all in the hands of the individual states, unless they did something that might make him look bad, and then he would tell them they couldn't do that--but he still didn't lead.  Round about here, there was a spate of self-congratulation and finally doing something.  But doing something got old really quick, so he started encouraging Republican governors to gradually start doing nothing again.  When they did that, first it was bad (even though he'd said to do it), then it was ok, then it was great, and then everybody started getting sick, so it's time to ignore it all.  In the middle, whenever he should have worn a mask he didn't, and all his  cult members started crying about the Constitution and freedom and stuff.  Trump continued to disdain masks, in spite of the science, in spite of the fact that near-universal masking would get him much closer to his goal of opening the economy.  And through it all, no noticeable compassion for the sick and dying, no concern about anything except his campaign, and corollarily the economy, because a strong economy is good for his campaign. 
In the process, he's pretty much cemented his legacy as the worst president since Buchanan. 

The blowhard stuff just isn't that big a deal once you put it in perspective.

trumpc3jp8.jpg

It should have been over when he mocked a disabled reporter.  Or when he offered to pay the legal bills of anyone who went ahead and hit a black man  at his rally.    Actually, even before he announced his candidacy - when he kept blowing the 'birther' dog whistle, which might just as well have been the planting of a burning cross on the White House lawn proclaiming that a black man can't be president.

Regardless, here we are.  His mettle has been tested by a crisis which can't be bullied into submission, the virus doesn't give a sh*t about Trump or his re-election.  People are dying and Trump is out proclaiming 'mission over' and defending confederate flags. 

Trump is just a symptom. The unfortunate effects of decades of economic policy shaped by the interests of greedy sociopaths and neoliberal ideologues have driven a substantial share of the population into precarious circumstances.

Globalization and technological changes have happened in all industrialized countries, but those with a proper safety net, healthcare system and fairer tax system did not experience the level of suicides, addiction and overall dispair that grip today's middle-aged working class in the USA.

http://bostonreview.net/class-inequality/joshua-cohen-angus-deaton-deaths-despair

The Covid-19 epidemic has helped to accelerate the exposure of the disconnect between the right-wing agenda and reality. At  the moment the path appears clear for a long overdue course correction.

crazydoc said:
I found this definition too  - looks like you might have it:
"a.k.a. Trump Derangement Syndrome or Trump Delusion Syndrome. The inability to find fault with Trump due to the fact that you voted for him in 2016. "  ;D

Cute, I like that judo flip...(Delusion?). 

I try to quickly  admit my mistakes so I can learn from them. I have reviewed my vote multiple times over these years of partisan mass media criticism.  I remain confident that Hillary Clinton would be far worse so I stand with my vote decision.  VP Joe Biden, or whomever he is the placeholder for, does not look promising, so today I would vote for him again.

By openly admitting my choice here I have become a flame magnet for a never ending parade of people casting shade on my judgement and morality. I was already somewhat used to that after years of similar attacks for my criticism of President Obama's policies. Back then I was called a racist, now apparently I'm a white supremacist.  ::) ( IMO I am neither, FWIW I was criticized for calling the ACA "Obamacare" because that was considered disrespectful to the office. How much respect does President Trump get around here?).

Be well.. wash your hands...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
  How much respect does President Trump get around here?).

As much as he deserves.   

Some of those shit hole countries full of murderers and rapists are doing OK though.

In other news, Mexico is closing the US border and US travellers are persona non grata in Europe until further notice.

JohnRoberts said:
I try to quickly  admit my mistakes so I can learn from them. I have reviewed my vote multiple times over these years of partisan mass media criticism.  I remain confident that Hillary Clinton would be far worse so I stand with my vote decision. 
JR

In light of Trump's handling of COVID, do you really believe Hillary would have done worse?  Seriously?  Do you really think she would have been as incautious, as dismissive of the threat as well as the advice of actual medical experts?  Do you seriously think she would have prepared for the threat as poorly as Trump did?   

JohnRoberts said:
then why the F don't they say that..?  "defund" is well understood in the english language. Huh? 

Apparently, most voters understand it correctly: "Only 18% believe that people who use this phrase actually want to get rid of police departments."

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_070820/

JohnRoberts said:
VP Joe Biden, or whomever he is the placeholder for, does not look promising, so today I would vote for him again.
JR
I prefer the puppetmasters (Bloomberg, Obama, various plutocrats?) that Biden is the placeholder for, rather than those (Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, various plutocrats?) whose bidding POTUS Pants-on-Fire apparently does.

Of course, it's all wild speculation, so I'd rather just have a human being rather than an out of control narcissist in the office, but that's just me.

JohnRoberts said:
...my criticism of President Obama's policies. Back then I was called a racist, now apparently I'm a white supremacist. 

You may or may not be racist or a white supremacist. I don't know.   
But to not call out Trump's blatant nods and winks to those "good ol'boys" on that side of the aisle leaves you standing alongside some  very unsavoury characters as co-allies.
But maybe you're really just keeping two sets of books, I dunno?  I'm only going on what you've said and not said.

crazydoc said:
Of course, it's all wild speculation, so I'd rather just have a human being rather than an out of control narcissist in the office, but that's just me.

Well, he is a human being. Probably not neurotypical. But we shouldn't sink to the level of dehumanization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back