covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydoc said:
Due to such a lack of information about the current surge of covid in the halls of government (who tested positive when, symptom onset, o2need, viral load, etc.), I'm thinking to rename that guy POTUS Superspreader.

Gee, I guess I'm not the only one.  :eek:

Jonathan Reiner, a medical professor at George Washington University and director of the university hospital's cardiac catheterization laboratory, called Trump the White House's "superspreader" during an interview with CNN Tuesday night. Reiner is one of numerous politicians, public figures and medical professionals who are calling for increased transparency from the White House regarding Trump's diagnosis.

"I think he is the superspreader. And I think the reason the White House will not have the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] do a formal check and review every single case is that they're concerned that the patient zero might be the president of the United States," Reiner said.

https://www.newsweek.com/accusations-trump-being-coronavirus-superspreader-grow-wh-refuses-disclose-presidents-last-1537178

john12ax7 said:
I would say a lot of it has at least some merit.  Since you had mentioned acupuncture here is an article that cites some studies.
https://draxe.com/health/what-is-acupuncture/

Yea... that site can only be called disinformation. Sorry.

Again, look at the history of TCM (Slate article I posted). Think about how there is absolutely no mechanism in biology how this would actually work. Look at the good studies and meta-studies that show there is zero difference between "real" and "sham" acupuncture.

It's placebo-effect-only treatment. Anecdotes may say otherwise, but the only way to be certain are double-blind placebo controlled studies, and it has been case closed for these treatments for many years now.

Let's not derail this thread further, I have no hope of actually convincing you, if you want to believe.

So it turns out doctors @ Walter Reed were required to sign personal NDA's before Trump went there last year, which begs the question:  What was the reason he made a late night visit there in November that required such an NDA?
Subsequently, 2 doctors who refused to sign that NDA were not permitted to be involved with Trump's recent care. 
Surely this isn't the norm? 

Winston O'Boogie said:
So it turns out doctors @ Walter Reed were required to sign personal NDA's before Trump went there last year, which begs the question:  What was the reason he made a late night visit there in November that required such an NDA?
Subsequently, 2 doctors who refused to sign that NDA were not permitted to be involved with Trump's recent care. 
Surely this isn't the norm?

Speculation was about "mini strokes"... This would fit his trouble walking and moving a glass to his mouth earlier this year.

And by the way, the ‘miracles coming down from God’ emergency antibody treatment that Trump received last week was developed with the use of a cell line originally derived from abortion tissue.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

living sounds said:
Speculation was about "mini strokes"... This would fit his trouble walking and moving a glass to his mouth earlier this year.

Yep, I read that speculation too.  TIA's (transient ischemic attacks) is the term I believe, and it would fit in with a few of the things caught on camera.  But, again, is it normal for the president to require a non disclosure?

On another note, it looks like he's recently changed make up brands, what's he using these days, L’Oréal, Max Factor?

living sounds said:
developed with the use of a cell line originally derived from abortion tissue.

Pence must be in a permanent state of cognitive dissonance  :D

P.S.  I heard the fly from the debate last night just checked into Walter Reed!

Winston O'Boogie said:
But, again, is it normal for the president to require a non disclosure?

In my country it's a criminal offence for a doctor to disclose any information relating to his patients without consent or warrant to a third party. I guess (or at least hope) it's the same in the US. But paranoia is one of Trump's strenghts, so...

living sounds said:
Yes, and think about the dissonance wrt to his supreme court picks, who would like to outlaw such research...

He didn't just take the drug, Trump promoted Regeneron's REGN-COV2 on TV.  So it's going to be interesting to see all those folks twist themselves in knots trying to make it fit their weltanschauung. :D :D

Latest:  The next presidential debate was announced as being 'virtual' due to covid concerns.  Trump says on Fox that he isn't going to do it and will hold a rally instead. 

Fine by me, it'll cut down on my alcohol consumption. 

Winston O'Boogie said:
Latest:  The next presidential debate was announced as being 'virtual' due to covid concerns.  Trump says on Fox that he isn't going to do it and will hold a rally instead. 

Fine by me, it'll cut down on my alcohol consumption.

So Fox will show him foaming at his Covid-spreading rally and the other networks will show Biden calmly and presidentially talking about Trumps errors and his own policy proposals.

But I guess that Trump will at some point realize that this would be very disadventagous to him and find some way to take part in the debate after all.

scott2000 said:
Awe ....would've been a cool time to use some of that AI jazz...

https://youtu.be/AmUC4m6w1wo

Wouldn't *that* be something!  :)

I think Living Sounds is correct though, if Biden announces he'll go ahead with using the debate time to just speak to the nation, Trump will U-turn and participate.   

I'd better get a bottle of good whiskey in just in case...

I got my baseball jersey.

Attachments

• D1F0D87F-6412-46EB-A842-E222316179E9.jpeg
    D1F0D87F-6412-46EB-A842-E222316179E9.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Gold said:
I got my baseball jersey.

I want in.   

Just realized! Trump probably hasn't switched make-up brands.  More likely that no professional make-up artist within the DC area will come within 300 metres of him.  Might explain the 'Green screen' videos too. 

I had it made at FansCustom. It was about $45. On the front it says “Americans”.

The Republican Convention has the production values of a corporate video from the 80’s. So weird.

Gold said:
The Republican Convention has the production values of a corporate video from the 80’s. So weird.

Trump's had no taste since long before he was riddled with corona so, to be expected really.

;) 

living sounds said:
Think about how there is absolutely no mechanism in biology how this would actually work.

Do you have enough training and experience to draw this conclusion? Even so, most mechanisms are unknown,  until they aren't. Were gravity,  electricity and magnetism BS before their mechanisms were understood?

living sounds said:
Let's not derail this thread further, I have no hope of actually convincing you, if you want to believe.

I rely on data and personal experience.  I posted an article that linked to actual data and you respond with....Slate, It would seem you are the one relying on beliefs.

There are major medical and research centers that are starting to adopt integrative medicine. They wouldn't do this without at least some evidence.

Btw even the Slate article states "Some aspects of Chinese medicine are undeniably effective "

I do agree about getting back on topic. Sorry everyone for the tangential derail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back