covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffrecords said:
Which experts would those be?? Plenty to choose from and lots of different advice. Which specific experts do YOU follow?

Cheers

I
It's the "science"  ::) ::) 

Science is not about popularity of scientific opinion but thesis and verifiable experimental results.

JR

PS: Back in the 70s I was called by a lawyer tying to hire me as an "expert" witness when he wanted to sue the local power utility because his client got shocked by an aluminum ladder from a power line. I told the lawyer that his client was a dumbass who obviously touched the power line with his ladder. I didn't get hired.

Those experts for instance:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32153-X/fulltext

Right-wing think tanks are the anthesis to the scientific approach. They try to cloak their ideology in rationality, but this doesn't change the facts.

But let's stop it here, we won't convince each other. I've wasted way too much time over this election already...  ::)

So it transpires that the counties worst hit by Covid overwhelmingly went for Trump:

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/election-coronavirus-trump-biden-20201105.html?cid=Philly.com+Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=Philly.com+Twitter+Account

What do you think the causal relation is here?

Interestingly, obligatory mask wearing is not mentioned as infringement on liberty in that article. It only implies that some people take a different stance on masks. Maybe those people should look at latest 'research'** on the effectiveness of masks.

** Will post in the Covid19 thread.

Biden announced that he will have a covid task Force assembled and ready to go to work on inauguration day to implement a nationwide plan. What an idea!!! This snowflake can work in 90F in direct sun while wearing a mask(while still being free to come and go as I please). Let the healing begin.

Just returned from my annual teeth cleaning... biggest difference was the dental office door was locked. Sign said to call them from my car but they let me without the call...

took my temperature (98.5') and asked 10 different questions to confirm I was not infected with covid.

Had to remove my mask to clean my teeth.

Good to go for now...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The covid politics thread was set up for unscientific discussion related to COVID.

Repeating outlandish stuff actually helps spread it, and degrades the S/N here.

JR

Well then, here ya go, I moved it. This doesn't really have to do with covid politics, just psychopathy. I guess there should be a crazy shit thread. There is just a huge group of ignorant morons in this country whose beliefs are beyond belief and who have no motivation toward any constructive human progress, aka the "basket of deplorables."

Brian Roth said:
The flat earth goofballs say the vax is meant a way that Bill Gates and a secret society plan to kill billions to  depopulate the planet.

Many thousands (millions????)  believe it online.
The chemtrails were taking too long to kill us all off, so new methods have been added:

There are 3 primary elements of COVID-5G-Hypertoxicity Syndrome as stated in the new disease name.

First, there is the pathogenic micro-organism, that was intentionally weaponized in a U.S. military laboratory as a specific gene pool-targeted bioweapon called COVID-19, which was bioengineered to mutate to elude proper diagnosis as well as morph symptomatically to evade effective treatment.

Secondly, there is the overwhelming impact of 5G, 4G, 3G and other electromagnetic frequency signal ranges and microwave transmissions on vulnerable individuals with respect to triggering COVID-19, as well as sustaining and/or intensifying the disease process.

Thirdly, there is a global chemical geoengineering regime that sprays Chemtrails, as well as a Super-Vaccination Agenda, which contribute considerably to the state of Hypertoxicity of each individual who contracts COVID-19, the severity of which is determined by their toxic load or total body burden.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/ASAP-TO-ALL-------CORONA-VIRUS-SYNDROME--The-Ultimate-Genocidal-Bioweapon-System---PLEASE-READ-and-FORWARD-ON.html?soid=1111839869613&aid=lVXrY7HrLyg&fbclid=IwAR3jbJIoPCje3O4w5ZjQRHpU8IyAgeya9lj4bODOXXaqtTccE4gQN4SN1RQ

::) ::)  ::)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-coronavirus-transition/index.html

Republicans, this is your doing. Period. 184,000 cases reported yesterday which translates to 3960 deaths per day at a 2.2% mortality rate... COMING SOON TO A REFRIGERATED TRUCK NEAR YOU!!! As I currently provide audio services for thousands of the nation's top doctors, I can tell everyone that the sentiment among them is opposition to the current statements and actions of the current party and administration. Bring the death. These lemmings are not going to listen to actual facts and news... whatever it takes, I guess. You'll see grandma and grandpa for Thanksgiving, but probably not for Christmas. 'Murica. Freedom! BTW- Trump lost.

"Trump is blocking any meaningful exchange of coronavirus information -- beginning with the refusal of his appointee at the General Services Administration to ascertain the election, the first step that would allow the flow of transition funds and streamlined background checks for incoming staff."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/politics/scott-atlas-coronavirus-michigan/index.html

Stand tall Republicans. Here's some more freedom induced ignorance. The earth is flat. The sun goes around the earth. Get your news from Parler and Newsmax!!! 'Murica. You can't make this sh*t up. I really feel dumber following the bad behavior of these idiots.

For people that don't understand geometric progressions and exponential math here is a classic very old Indian folk tale.

A poor village girl was caught stealing rice from the Raja, she argued that she found it on the ground and was returning it. The Raja was thankful and offered her a reward of her choice.  She only asked for one grain of rice on the first day, with the amount doubled every day for a month. The Raja was not a math wiz and thought that a reasonable reward. After thirty doublings the Raja owed the village girl over one billion grains of rice.  :)
====
Infection growth during an unfettered pandemic is also exponential albeit not with a daily doubling. The important metric is deaths, which will also be growing exponentially but with a lower fraction of all covid cases than just several months ago and still improving. Until we get a vaccine distributed widely (some time next year) we won't completely break the exponential growth curve. We can moderate the rate of growth r0 by washing our hands, mask wearing, and social distancing.

Be smart.

JR 

A brief excerpt from a Twitter thread by an ER nurse in SD.

I can't help but think of the COVID patients of the last few days.  The ones that stick out are the ones that don't believe the virus is real.  The ones that scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm. They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COVID because it’s not real.

That's what makes Trump a great leader.  That is the value of the right wing propaganda machine that supports him and helped to create him. 

Nero fiddles (or golfs) while Rome burns.

ESj_3IQXgAA5Sm3

Was a stat came through on the radio here today in Ireland in relation to hospital and care workers , 40% now have generalised anxiety dissorder due to covid , thats in a health service already bankrupt and broken down pre covid.

Theres a kind of blind faith in the science behind big pharma too  , papal or presidential infallibility rings similar alarm bells for me , even if the science is conducted impeccably doesnt mean bias hasnt crept in , Pfizer announced several hundred new jobs here in Ireland only days before the supposed 90% effective vaccine , we know which horse the political and medical establishment here will back , the one thats propping up the broke dick economy .

So... I was providing services for a large organization of thousands of doctors in our country for the past 8 days. It would appear that there is a recurring situation of violence and threats concerning our "anti-masker" fellow citizens towards doctors... to the point that by-laws within their organization had to be created for guidance concerning this issue for all doctors involved.
    I think we all would ASSume that this behavior is primarily exhibited by people on "the right". I can almost guarantee that there aren't any "Antifa" warriors(I am Antifa) that are causing issues in clinics and threatening doctors to make right-wingers look bad. The science goes against the science-obeyers ideology of the left. The leadership and science deniers on the right have caused this issue of threats and violence that now plagues our nation's doctors as they provide care and are currently overwhelmed by this pandemic at the same time. Not only is leaning right WRONG, but dear God, if any of you lean and vote this way, either leave the party or start talking sense into these fools you stand with. Guilt by association. These people are only following the lead(ers) of the party that you all put into place as a whole. Period.

This is just me thinking out loud so feel free to disregard as usual.

Reportedly the critical resource for dealing with covid patients is shortages of capable medical personnel. I recall that many medical professionals were paid well and recruited to move to large cities (like NYC) to deal with early surges in COVID patients. Some of these medical professionals moved multiple times to other cities as the work opportunities shifted around. Now we are hearing about shortages in the rural areas not hit very hard initially. I wonder how many of these professionals from rural areas ever returned home or did they settle elsewhere? Of course some fraction of them fell victim to Covid, working in the front lines.

JR

Infection growth during an unfettered pandemic is also exponential albeit not with a daily doubling. The important metric is deaths, which will also be growing exponentially but with a lower fraction of all covid cases than just several months ago and still improving. Until we get a vaccine distributed widely (some time next year) we won't completely break the exponential growth curve. We can moderate the rate of growth r0 by washing our hands, mask wearing, and social distancing.

Be smart.
+1

JohnRoberts said:
Reportedly the critical resource for dealing with covid patients is shortages of capable medical personnel.
Many doctors and other health professionals are retiring early in response to covid. Many reasons, but most cogent is, why put your life and those of your family on the line to help those whose unappreciative and even threatening selfish response to the situation puts everybody's life, health and economic security at risk. Even with vaccination on the horizon, there may not be enough willing participants to bring R<1.

The governmental response to this, both national and in many states and local jurisdictions, has been abysmal. Until there is a rational, enforceable plan to deal with this pandemic and the people who are spreading it, for me it's best to hunker down and protect myself and mine as best I can.

crazydoc said:
Many doctors and other health professionals are retiring early in response to covid. Many reasons, but most cogent is, why put your life and those of your family on the line to help those whose unappreciative and even threatening selfish response to the situation puts everybody's life, health and economic security at risk. Even with vaccination on the horizon, there may not be enough willing participants to bring R<1.

The governmental response to this, both national and in many states and local jurisdictions, has been abysmal. Until there is a rational, enforceable plan to deal with this pandemic and the people who are spreading it, for me it's best to hunker down and protect myself and mine as best I can.
I have nothing but respect for the health professionals that did not cut and run... Not unlike fire fighters, and police who move toward danger, not away, our health workers who soldier on despite the personal risk deserve much thanks.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
I have nothing but respect for the health professionals that did not cut and run... Not unlike fire fighters, and police who move toward danger, not away, our health workers who soldier on despite the personal risk deserve much thanks.
JR
There's no point in soldiering on if those you are trying to protect don't have your back, and in fact may be stabbing you in the back.

JohnRoberts said:

JR

So the ones who aren't risking their lives and those of their families don't get your respect?

Maybe it's a good thing your aren't in health care.  :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back