covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
I have nothing but respect for the health professionals that did not cut and run... Not unlike fire fighters, and police who move toward danger, not away, our health workers who soldier on despite the personal risk deserve much thanks.

JR

Health care providers are saving people and are being threatened by Our Dear Leader's followers. Speak out against all these idiots loudly. If one chooses not to, it is nothing but silent support. Who do you stand with? SHAME ON the USa.

iturnknobs said:
Health care providers are saving people and are being threatened by Our Dear Leader's followers. Speak out against all these idiots loudly. If one chooses not to, it is nothing but silent support. Who do you stand with? SHAME ON the USa.
this is the second time you shared that ridiculous talking point, apparently you believe it.
===

Not surprising that my support for health professionals putting themselves in harms way, triggers a personal attack toward me.

If this triggers y'all I submit that is your problem.

JR

PS: I was disappointed when my local clinic doctor retired early (because of ACA) but I do not see that as equivalent (She didn't retire until the clinic had a replacement MD in place). Of course medical professionals who are themselves at high risk for COVID complications need to be more cautious. Older workers and any with compromised immunity should avoid infectious contact. Hopefully they will be better informed about the risks than (we) the public are.   

JohnRoberts said:
this is the second time you shared that ridiculous talking point, apparently you believe it.
===
Which part didn't you believe, John--the part where healthcare workers are threatened by Trump supporters, or do you just not believe that you're tainted by association with them? 
Because there's plenty of evidence of the former:  Death threats against Fauci, and this article here:  https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/public-health-workers-fighting-covid-19-are-threatened-violence-forced-n1230501

As to the latter, I guess you can believe what you want.  You can protest that you're not guilty by association, that your support for a president who fomented these actions does not mean you support his fomentation.  It's a judgment call, I suppose.  One might argue that silent disagreement is tacit support, but whatevs. 

JohnRoberts said:
===

Not surprising that my support for health professionals putting themselves in harms way, triggers a personal attack towards me.
If this triggers y'all I submit that is your problem.

JR

The most recognized and prestigious medical organization in this country passed by-laws and recommended procedure concerning this matter just this week. I cannot divulge the organization's name in order to retain my employment by them. The fact that you consider it a ridiculous talking point magnifies your unwillingness to see, along with your blind political support for a party riddled with bad unchecked behavior. Fake news, I suppose.

*edit: For the record, not only do thousands of doctors believe it, but they experience it. If only you could have been present to tell them all that it's not real. Rich.

crazydoc said:
There's no point in soldiering on if those you are trying to protect don't have your back, and in fact may be stabbing you in the back.

At least when the Trumper anti-maskers get intubated they finally stop spewing conspiracy theories. Oh, the irony.

Another way to look at it:

If this is a "war" against SARS-CoV-2, then there is a huge part of the population, led by their megalomaniacal narcissist, that is aiding and abetting the enemy by refusing to follow even the simple mitigation measures to try to defeat it. In a word, they are traitors. Why should the soldiers who are on the front lines of the conflict do anything for them? Let them die - at least that way they won't be spreading the virus to those who are fighting against it.

Harsh, I know, and they'd be hard to identify with certainty anyway.  :eek:

Stanford Faculty Condemn Hoover Institution Fellow, Trump COVID-19 Advisor Dr. Scott Atlas – ‘An Embarrassment To The University’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/stanford-faculty-condemn-hoover-institution-fellow-trump-covid-19-advisor-dr-scott-atlas-an-embarrassment-to-the-university/ar-BB1bdm6y?ocid=bingcovid

stupid cocksucker rump won't admit defeat, still cling to a thread in order to keep his ego hanging on, all this while thousands suffocate.

blows my mind. how spiritually bankrupt and brain dead to you have to be to do something like this?

no matter what he did in the last 4 years, people will only remember for how he acted as a complete a-hole in the face of a national health and economic disaster.

make America great again? yeah. how did that work out.
what an idiot. almost not even wasting words on. i hope someone ties him to a tree and lets a rhino screw him up the ass.

CJ said:
stupid cocksucker rump won't admit defeat, still cling to a thread in order to keep his ego hanging on, all this while thousands suffocate.

blows my mind. how spiritually bankrupt and brain dead to you have to be to do something like this?

no matter what he did in the last 4 years, people will only remember for how he acted as a complete a-hole in the face of a national health and economic disaster.

make America great again? yeah. how did that work out.
what an idiot. almost not even wasting words on. i hope someone ties him to a tree and lets a rhino screw him up the ass.

whoa, my grandma said this exact same thing!uncanny

crazydoc said:
Another way to look at it:

If this is a "war" against SARS-CoV-2, then there is a huge part of the population, led by their megalomaniacal narcissist, that is aiding and abetting the enemy by refusing to follow even the simple mitigation measures to try to defeat it. In a word, they are traitors. Why should the soldiers who are on the front lines of the conflict do anything for them? Let them die - at least that way they won't be spreading the virus to those who are fighting against it.

Harsh, I know, and they'd be hard to identify with certainty anyway.  :eek:
Yesterday at the post office I was the only customer wearing a mask and gloves, two other customers were maskless. I didn't ask them but from appearances they were not Trump supporters... (they clearly weren't white supremacists either).

There are dumbasses in both political parties, the right does not have a monopoly on ignorance and bad behavior, despite that world view in some partisan echo chambers.

Sad how politicized every single thing has become these days... This should die down eventually, but not for a while apparently.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
Yesterday at the post office I was the only customer wearing a mask and gloves, two other customers were maskless. I didn't ask them but from appearances they were not Trump supporters... (they clearly weren't white supremacists either).
POTUS Pants-on-fire has black supporters too, so your conclusion could be wrong. Dumbassdom crosses all racial lines.

There are dumbasses in both political parties, the right does not have a monopoly on ignorance and bad behavior, despite that world view in some partisan echo chambers.
Maybe not a monopoly, but certainly a huge preponderance from all the evidence I have seen and heard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/texas-national-guard-el-paso-morgue-covid-19-overflow/

So is it "Freedom" or "support our troops"? Who do you stand with? Maybe the anti-maskers can start harassing the national guard for supporting fake news. Speak out against stupidity and anti-science. Silence is cooperation.

iturnknobs said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/texas-national-guard-el-paso-morgue-covid-19-overflow/

So is it "Freedom" or "support our troops"? Who do you stand with? Maybe the anti-maskers can start harassing the national guard for supporting fake news. Speak out against stupidity and anti-science. Silence is cooperation.
You can be difficult to follow sometimes...

Have you ever been to El Paso (or Juarez, right across the border in Mexico)? Taking a wild guess a large fraction of the covid patients overflowing the El Paso hospital system are mexicans who crossed the border for assistance after mexican hospitals collapsed.

xR8dgHbw

Reportedly Arizona and CA border regions are seeing similar trends.

JR

PS: Back last century I toured a capacitor factory in Juarez as a guest of a Peavey vendor. They made the capacitor die in SC but had the labor intensive leads attached in Mexico, this was back when through hole parts were still used.

Looks like Boris Johnson will ease lockdown restrictions over here for 5 or 6 days over Christmas so families can get together and celebrate.

Maybe we should also organize a friendly game of football with the virus in no man's land. 

JohnRoberts said:
Have you ever been to El Paso (or Juarez, right across the border in Mexico)

Non-sequitor, but yes, and never liked it (El Paso) after being rousted by the police for vagrancy while sleeping in the Greyhound station on my way back from Mexico City in 1962. Had to produce a bus ticket out of there to avoid arrest.

A few years later rode from Boulder CO one night drunk and stoned to Juarez to see a bull fight the next day. My only lasting memory of it was vomiting out the window all over the side of the car.

JohnRoberts said:
You can be difficult to follow sometimes...
I think he was referring to the attacks by certain conservatives on healthcare workers.  Will they continue these attacks now that troops (whom said conservatives always like to claim they "support") are being called upon to serve in the fight against COVID?  The cognitive dissonance ought to be crushing (but I doubt that folks who attack healthcare workers for doing their jobs have enough self-awareness to have any sense of cognitive dissonance.)
JohnRoberts said:
Taking a wild guess a large fraction of the covid patients overflowing the El Paso hospital system are mexicans who crossed the border for assistance after mexican hospitals collapsed.
Unlike you, I tried to find any solid evidence that your wild guess is correct.  Your "wild guess" seems to be getting some traction on febrile right wing sites; however, I see no mention of it in articles at more legitimate news sites.  I'm not saying it's not true (and there are likely a few Mexican citizens in El Paso hospitals), but I suspect that El Paso, a city of 800,000, is quite capable of filling its hospitals to overflowing without substantial international assistance. 

One good thing written into the covid restrictions here is people living alone are entitled to a visitor on compassionate grounds , as far as I can see the Gardai(Irish police) have maxed out their overtime for the year , so checkpoints are thin on the ground , were more relying on peoples sense of fair play and civic spirit than hard line policing to get through this . There is growing anger in the cities though , pitched battles between the cops and the kids in town last night , cops just dont have the manpower to contain the unrest, theres a delicate balance to be struck . The cops go in hard n heavy with the batons,the kids will come back with stones bricks and bottles .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/24/close-to-1000-cleveland-clinic-caregivers-infected-with-covid-19.html

40% of Americans are saying that they will attend a Thanksgiving gathering of 10 or more this week. That number strangely correlates with the same number of Trump voters/Republicans. As these people practice freedom, doctors are dropping like flies across the country. ICUs are at capacity. More and more refrigerated trucks are showing up in badly affected cities. Whoever these people are, they have put their middle finger in the face of healthcare workers, our national guard who are helping process bodies and anyone like me who isn't working because people believe TV personalities instead of scientists. I can't believe the selfishness displays caused by logic-absent emotion. Hey 'Murica, go do as you please. I'll do the right thing and stay home for the people who actually give a sh*t about others. IT IS this black and white. Wow...

On a related note: Newsmax has a headline(sponsored) that states The New York Times has reported 90% of covid results are false positives. I can't imagine why people are behaving so badly. If you know people who consume this garbage, speak out against it. Silence is support.

iturnknobs said:
I can't imagine why people are behaving so badly.
It couldn't be stupidity.

These people have always been around more or less homogeneously. In the last 4 years they've found their chief charlatan who has separated them out and pulled them down to the bottom with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back