covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydoc said:
Wow!
Miami-Dade using the same data comes to 71, so covid is increasing more than twice as fast where I live as it is in Miami. Ride 'em cowboy.

Ugh..sorry to hear that.

When I get home at the end of the week I'll look how it's doing here where I'm working..
It's about the worst I've seen for mask compliance where I've been...

Probably 30% no masks...

Up north florida is pretty different from central and south for sure...

iturnknobs said:
412/100k in my county. 520/100k in the county going west of me towards the Trump signs.
Assuming you live in McHenry county, that would be 412 per week/7days for a case rate of 59 per day. (As opposed to Dewey county SD with 3685 cases per 100k since last week, giving a case rate of 526 per day, or Lincoln county CO with a case rate>1000/day.)

Lots of cowboys there I reckon.

Edit: I was browsing Lincoln county CO info, and it looks like there's a state prison there too, so maybe the same spread as I think is happening where I live, from inmates to staff to community. 558 cases in a county population of about 6000.

>>Former Alabama state Sen. Larry Dixon (R), who also served as the executive director of the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners, died from Covid-19 on Dec. 4, NBC News reports.

His wife said his last words were: “We messed up, we let our guard down. Please tell everybody to be careful. This is real, and if you get diagnosed, get help immediately.”<<

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-alabama-senator-dies-covid-age-78-his-last-words-n1250236

scott2000 said:
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2020/12/07/agents-raid-home-fired-florida-data-scientist-who-built-covid-19-dashboard-rebekah-jones/6482817002/

:-X

Here's some law and order for the right-wingers. Even if she was the one who did the hack, it would have been for a good reason. It's crazy what is "right and wrong" these days. I am not religious by any means, vehemently opposed actually... but, WWJD? Don't ask a Republican.

Pfizer gets indemnification from potential law suits arising out of the covid vaccine in the UK.
I believe Ireland is about to offer the same protection to the company that stands to make tens of billions of dollars from its vaccine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-legal-indemnity-safety-ministers-b1765124.html

Buskers have been banned from playing the streets of Dublin this Christmas.
They already required a permit from city council to play on the streets of the Irish capitol , in the last few days letters have been sent out revoking the permits due to fear of spread of covid.
The ban doesnt effect other cities in Ireland ,chances of Bono and Glen Hansard who traditionally busked on Grafton street on Christmas eve fighting for their cause , slim to none Id say .

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/buskers-banned-from-playing-in-dublin-streets-over-christmas-due-to-covid-fears-39838721.html

scott2000 said:
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2020/12/07/agents-raid-home-fired-florida-data-scientist-who-built-covid-19-dashboard-rebekah-jones/6482817002/

:-X

A typical example of US security:

All authorized users use the same user name and password.

And that on an emergency system...

Even worse than Diebold voting computers. I wonder if there's a biological reason why fascists are so notoriously bad at security.

spitfirelst.com

"TODAY'S FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Medical Martial Law? (Updated on 12/2/2020)
In previous posts and programs, we have noted that Moderna's vaccine work has been financed by DARPA. We have also noted that the overall head of Operation Warp Speed is Moncef Slaoui, formerly in charge of product development for Moderna! Of great significance is the central role of the military in the development of treatment for Covid-19: 1.--We note that: " . . . . Remdesivir predates this pandemic. It was first considered as a potential treatment for Ebola, and was developed through a longstanding partnership between the U.S. Army and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. . . ." 2.--Jonathan King, who has chaired the microbial physiology study section for the NIH has sounded the alarm about "vaccine research" masking offensive biological warfare research: ". . . . King, who has chaired the microbial physiology study section for the NIH, believes that without intensive independent scrutiny, the Pentagon is free to obscure its true goals. 'The Defense Department appears to be pursuing many narrow, applied goals that are by nature offensive, such as the genetic ‘improvement’ of BW agents,' King says. 'But to achieve political acceptability, they mask these intentions under forms of research, such as vaccine development, which sound defensive. . . ." 3.--Moderna's vaccine development was overseen by an unnamed Pentagon official: " . . . . Moderna’s team was headed by a Defense Department official whom company executives described only as 'the major,' saying they don’t know if his name is supposed to be a secret. . . . ." 4.--The pervasive role of the military in Operation Warp Speed (the Trump administration's vaccine development program) has generated alarm in civilian participants: ". . . . Scores of Defense Department employees are laced through the government offices involved in the effort, making up a large portion of the federal personnel devoted to the effort.  Those numbers have led some current and former officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to privately grumble that the military’s role in Operation Warp Speed was too large for a task that is, at its core, a public health campaign. . . ." 5.--General Gustave Perna--one of the principals in Operation Warp Speed--has chosen a retired Lieutenant General to oversee much of the program: " . . . . 'Frankly, it has been breathtaking to watch,' said Paul Ostrowski, the director of supply, production and distribution for Operation Warp Speed. He is a retired Army lieutenant general who was selected to manage logistics for the program by Gen. Gustave F. Perna, the chief operating officer for Operation Warp Speed. . . ." 6.--The military will be able to trace the destination and administration of each dose: " . . . . Military officials also came up with the clever idea — if it works — to coordinate the delivery of vaccines to drugstores, medical centers and other immunization sites by sending kits full of needles, syringes and alcohol wipes. Vaccine makers will be alerted when the kits arrive at an immunization site so they know to ship doses. Once the first dose is given, the manufacturer will be notified so it can send the second dose with a patient’s name attached several weeks later. The military will also monitor vaccine distribution through an operations center. 'They will know where every vaccine dose is,' Mr. [Paul] Mango said on a call with reporters. . . ." Adding to the opaque nature of American government contracting with vaccine makers is the fact that those contractors are being executed through a Defense Department-oriented third party--ATI. " . . . .What’s behind the confusion? In part, it’s because of the way many Operation Warp Speed contracts have been executed, with their terms largely invisible to the public. . . the effort’s largest agreements with vaccine companies—totaling more than $6 billion—have been managed by a third party, a defense-oriented nonprofit called Advanced Technology International (ATI). . . . Normally, when the government makes an agreement with a contractor, it has to follow federal acquisition regulations. But with ATI as an intermediary, these billion-dollar deals instead fall under something called an 'other transaction agreement' that isn’t subject to the same kinds of cross-checks and accountability. . . ." Read more »

I heard another news report on radio earlier that mentioned how Turkish immigrants in Germany were co-opted in part of the testing phase for the Pfizer vaccine.
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in the most delightful way  :)

Along with Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's lawyer Jenna Ellis has now informed associates she too has coronavirus.

Not surprising in the least since they were both seen multiple times flaunting safety measures and acting without  precaution. 

It's a good job I'm not a doctor.  I'd first be reserving beds for the folks who did everything they could to NOT become infected.  I might be tempted to send Jenna and Rudy home with a couple of Tylenol and an inhaler. 

Disclaimer:  No, I don't wish them dead, I wish them well and hope they fully recover.  Just sayin'

I am not sure if this is a green shoot or evidence of risky business but the local greasy spoon, about 100 yards from my house has taken down the for sale signs, and put up new pictures of food offerings. They announced a reopening date of dec 18th. 

I will speculate that they are not offering sit down service but mainly selling food for take out. In there several years of operation there I never found reason to check them out, but heard mostly good reports from neighbors who did. They don't have a liquor license (Hickory is a dry town) so selling food always was their primary business.   

I hope this is a good sign...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
is that covid data, or just MS in general...  ::) ::) ::)

JR

Speaking specifically of COVID here--the numbers for MS are less than comforting at the moment.

President Trump and his friends have received coronavirus antibody treatments that are so scarce that some states and hospitals are giving them out via a lottery system, the New York Times reports.

Why it matters: Putting aside questions of medical ethics, these high-profile examples of successful coronavirus recoveries could give the impression that the virus is much less dangerous than it is — particularly because most patients won't have access to the same game-changing treatment that these politicians did.

Recipients, in addition to Trump himself, include Ben Carson, Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani.

F U C K    Y O U

crazydoc said:
Miami-Dade using the same data comes to 71, so covid is increasing more than twice as fast where I live as it is in Miami. Ride 'em cowboy.

Miami Dade is  less now if I'm reading the data from that page right...

So I've been up in St. John's county a lot.

Flagler hospital is the one in the area. I drive by it a few times a week.....42% available capacity....

St. Johns county has 17 primary diagnosis of covid hospitalizations....

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/HospitalBedsHospital?%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3Adisplay_count=n&%3AshowVizHome=n&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

I guess 39/day cases from that WAPO site. Will keep an eye on it...

16/day in Orange County which is loads more mask compliant imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back