ugh!!!! screw you...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pucho812 said:
not buying a new unit over a bulb being out ;)

I don't even buy a new phone since the iphone 5 from 2012
;)

I replaced the battery 4 times, 2 screens and 1 connector.
Still going and still does what I need. (at least until they really corner me with the software updates).
I like to defy planned obsolescence

mjrippe said:
If your iphone 5 breaks I will send you another one!

Thanks mate, and I might ask you that but I guess right now I'm almost on the limit of it's usage due to new apps, or new versions of older apps being limited to only working in new iOS.

I can use everything what I need at the moment, but some of the apps will start giving notices that they will not work anymore in this iOS, although they were working perfectly the week before.

In reality there's no feature in any iOS release after 2012 that I really need or use.
I can say the same thing for MacOS or Windows updates, there's no new features that I personally need.

OS updates are a Trojan Horse: "if your machine still works after 2/3 years we will make sure that the software will block it's usage and make you feel you need a new machine to do almost the same thing"

In the case of Apple they really try hard and have an implemented system to fight any repairs on their products.

I really don't think Ghana needs a new computer from me every 2 years

956-xubjv3rkk10gm770.jpg

Electronic-waste-in-Agbog-009.jpg

Electronic-Gadgets-Impact-the-Environment.jpg

No kidding.  I am still running a Macbook pro from 2010 and it does everything I need.  Added RAM and an SSD and it is fast enough for me.  Same deal with the Mac mini at home.  I had an iphone 5 that was mint and still held a good charge until it was smashed.  Got an 8 for $37.50 because I had insurance on it. 

The 5 I am offering you I just found in the trash yesterday along with an ipad 4, a Garmin GPS and a photo printer.  Folks must have been moving in a hurry to get out of NYCovid.  Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, chugging coffee this morning!

Mike

mjrippe said:
No kidding.  I am still running a Macbook pro from 2010 and it does everything I need.  Added RAM and an SSD and it is fast enough for me.  Same deal with the Mac mini at home. 

Thank you so much for your message Mike.

With computers I really feel that I need 10 years between computers, to be able to feel that the big amount of money spent really translates into a big amount of performance improvement over the last machine.
Hardware improves over the years, but the new software really pushes it's performance down.

Still running my Macbook Pro late 2011 here, maxed memory and SSD, runs great.
Using Mavericks though because of my audio interface, but it would run even better with Snow Leopard or Lion.

Back