• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: SB4000 pcb board (Serpent Audio)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMan

GDIY Supporter
Title says it.  I have an extra case and panel for the project sitting here, but can’t get in touch with Ruckus/Serpent Audio to purchase (and their site won’t let me check out).  Quad VCA boards would be welcome, too.

Willing to pay retail plus shipping.  If you’ve got one that you aren’t going to get around to building, please let me know!

I had this issue but there's another email you can use for the company that handles distribution, you'll find it on the site. He responds to them. I had an issue with shipping and he wouldn't respond to me but when I contacted the distribution company (Wave Distro I think) he got back to me in an hour.
I was actually put off by having my emails ignored (this wasn't the first time) so I decided I won't be doing Serpent builds anymore but if you just need the shipping thing fixed, see if the other company will forward your email to him.

Oh man, thanks so much for the info!  Really useful, I’ll give it a try!

Still, if anyone has a board to sell, do get in touch just in case. 

I think I had one of these for a sale a year or so ago. I have to check in the shop later if it sold or not. It was for sale as a full kit though..

buildafriend said:
I think I had one of these for a sale a year or so ago. I have to check in the shop later if it sold or not. It was for sale as a full kit though..

Hey, let me know!  I don’t need the full kit (no problem getting my own components), just looking for the boards.  As I mentioned, quad vca would be a perk and I’d be happy to pay the extra cash for it.  Would you also mind sharing what revision your board is?

Jordan

buildafriend said:

Hey buildafriend, I don’t know how but I misread the the first time.  While I don’t need the full kit, I’m not opposed to buying as full kit.  Sorry about that, I totally misunderstood!  Did you happen to check if it is still available?

EDIT: when you say full kit, what all is included?

gonna pop in the shop today. will let you know if it's still there! i wouldn't want to break it into parts since it's much less valuable in pieces. iirc the board was stuffed mostly except for the VCAs and it did not have the quad boards. I was going for the old gold cans

It's here. $300 + shipping

The board is half stuffed. Most of the other parts are in labelled bags, pre organized. The FP is built including it's PCBs. It basically needs an IEC. pwr xfrmr, VCAs and some small bits and pieces like a couple of op amps and screws.  PSU is built as well.

Rlucas41 said:
I have a set of pcbs for this build, a front plate too...
maybe a couple other parts for this build

Thanks for your reply!  I did end up purchasing buildafriend’s kit above.  However, if you happen to have the quad vca boards, I would take those off your hands!  Let me know.

Latest posts

Back