Covid-Stupid to a whole other level, felony acts...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I had to start a new thread on this one.
It's not the typical covid chat and it's far from normal covid idiots.  This guy listed below took it to a whole new level of crazy.
As some of you may know we have had the USNS Mercy in the port of L.A.  and it is currently there to assist with COVID.  Anyway some guy who works for the port decided to "expose the truths" and took it upon himself to steal a port train. The trains are used to transport shipping containers and other cargo  around the port before being  loaded onto trucks or other ships to go elsewhere.  Anyway, guy steals a train, and was attempting to run it full speed into the USNS Mercy.  he hit the barriers and concrete walls at the end of the track which derailed the train and was as close as he could get, about 250 yards to the ship. I have no explanation on motives other then he wanted to show the world the truth and now was the time, it's just baffling. Just as baffling was the witness, a CHP(California highway patrol), who when he went down to assist, he met the driver at gun point and detained him. I assume that is standard procedure.
BUT WTF?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/train-operator-port-los-angeles-charged-derailing-locomotive-near-us-navy-s-hospital?fbclid=IwAR3MamM7sf7O3WalCWrvFXYoxARZxOU62KTNTLzyMX5VAJUhZ6oyltk7c40

Second felony act while shelter in place is going on...
Got a  big one here. A jogger got arrested for jogging. The real issue was being on the beach jogging. Right now beaches are off limits.  We got crazies here...

pucho812 said:
Second felony act while shelter in place is going on...
Got a  big one here. A jogger got arrested for jogging. The real issue was being on the beach jogging. Right now beaches are off limits.  We got crazies here...
Reportedly they restricted daytime exercise in Paris....(I wonder if night time exercise is OK?) .

I still ride my bike, weather permitting and do yard work, but respect social distancing.

JR

pucho812 said:
ah but not to outdo Southern California, we have the Bay Area(San Francisco area) coming in with this..

From the sound of it, the authorities raided a modern version of a speakeasy....

https://abc7news.com/sf-nightclub-san-francisco-illegal-bay-area-coronavirus-update-california/6099812/
The human drive to reproduce is strong, hard to do that virtually.

Maybe if the loaded hydrogen peroxide into the DJ foggers that could kill some aerosolized virus droplets.

JR

Maybe if the loaded hydrogen peroxide into the DJ foggers that could kill some aerosolized virus droplets.

JR

There are stabilizers in otc hydrogen peroxide that probably aren't good in a real application....

here's a patent for one device....Seems the hydrogen peroxide boils slower than water too....So some tricks need to be implemented....

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2184074B9/en

besides, it almost broke my little fog machine trying it....lol

don't do that....

I claim Ian's signature line on this one....

scott2000 said:
There are stabilizers in otc hydrogen peroxide that probably aren't good in a real application....

here's a patent for one device....Seems the hydrogen peroxide boils slower than water too....So some tricks need to be implemented....

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2184074B9/en

besides, it almost broke my little fog machine trying it....lol

don't do that....

I claim Ian's signature line on this one....

I heard somebody else suggest that...

I occasionally brush my teeth with backing soda and (dilute OTC) hydrogen peroxide.

I still prefer using UVc light to kill random nasties...  I have some lingering black mold that refuses to go away... It is pretty much under control, but I just cleaned out a colonization happily living under my toilet bowl rim, where the sun light doesn't shine to kill it.  (I need to invent a toilet bowl lid, that lights a UVc bulb when you close the lid....  for my never to do list). UVc LEDs are still prohibitively expensive.

JR

I heard somebody else suggest that...

Was me...

Maybe I removed it as I was finding out more details..... Would be nice to have something affordable for the public..... seems it's being used quite a bit in hospitals etc.....

Great idea with a UV toilet lid......

Also ...Pumice stick will make any toilet bowl like new  usually.... More of a mechanical removal obviously......

scott2000 said:
Was me...
sorry actually it wasn't you....(on a different forum). I just checked and he mentioned food grade, I didn't know there was such a thing. I just checked the label on my teeth cleaning stash and it says OK to gargle with (3%). 
I removed it as I was finding out more details..... Would be nice to have something affordable for the public..... seems it's being used quite a bit in hospitals etc.....
hospitals also use robot moved high power UVc systems
impractical...

I have suspended a UVc fluorescent tube bulb over the bowl but not convenient enough to use regularly. I guess one could be built into a lid...  NAH don't do this JR....
Also ...Pumice stick will make any toilet bowl like new  usually.... More of a mechanical removal obviously......
Problem is not cosmetic, not visible growing up under the bowl rim, no light but with plenty of water, ideal for black mold. Perhaps dripping some clorox in the toilet tank would ruin their environment but that acid might screw up the flush machinery.

JR

scott2000 said:
we'll see... but no I do not need to make another product, especially this obscure.

Being a chronic packrat I had an old UVC water purifier assembly that I replaced when the replacement UVc lamp wouldn't light up.  I figured out after replacing the whole assembly that the starter was probably bad, and cobbled a generic starter to the UV tube and got it started.

I duct taped this UVc tube to plastic bin lid, and now have a UVc lamp firing down into my bowl. I feel pretty lucky about this knocking out the recalcitrant black mold hiding under the bowl rim.

I have also found toilet tank bleach cakes, that might directly reduce the mold with every flush...but no hurry.

Regarding stains the bowl is not very old, but has a greenish/blue tint... I suspect this is residual from me spitting out mouthwash into the bowl. I suspect they try to stain the teeth blue with mouthwash, to make them look whiter.  ::)

JR

Well known case here (Spain).

Woman found her car marked as "contagious rat" and two tires ripped off. She is a doctor and working hard during this COVID crisis.

Neighbour has been arrested. BMW and Michelin took care of the car for free

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_133811.jpg
    IMG_20200418_133811.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 15
hazel said:

Woman found her car marked as "contagious rat" and two tires ripped off. She is a doctor and working hard during this COVID crisis.

Healthcare workers are heroes.... people are idiots...

JR

hazel said:

That’s insane!! This is really bringing out the worst in people.

To the original article, I was a little surprised that Train Wrecking was something you could be charged with. Pretty hefty sentence on that one

Police had to break up a party over here.

In itself not news. In this case, they were trying to keep out of sight, in a remote vacation home, while shooting off some fireworks...

How in heaven's name were they thinking nobody would notice?

Back