EZ1290 with mods

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstcho

Hello guys, after several days of search i realize i cant make it with the infos i found

I am trying to finish at the moment ( quarantine time ) a lof of different projects

I wanted to finish my EZ1290 and though to integrate the GPultec that i never finished ( missing transformers ) as a filter board

Do you think it could be added easily lets say just before the output trimmer of the EZ1290 without having to mod too much the pulteq filter board ?

Also id like to add aled meter for the input and output sections of the EZ1290, can i trake the signal straight on  C1 for the input and  output B of BA183 / AV ( just before the output transformer ), for the output  ?

Thanks very much for the help, i dont have a lot of education in electronic, just quite a lot of experience diying stuff

Yes to the led meter, no to the Pultecs. You could incorporate a Neve hpf easily enough though. Honestly I would just make the ez1290 and make an eq you want afterwards. The ez1290 is a fantastic mic preamp but is very sensitive and introducing outside elements makes it that much harder to troubleshoot. There are many  great eq's you can build on this forum, some have just hpf and lpf. Don classics also has the 1073 mic preamp and eq. Or build a G-Pultec or poor man's Pultec. Both are incredible EQ's.

thanks a lot for the reply

do you think taking the signal for the meters where i mentioned can work, or it can afftect the work of the preamp ?

Hi pstcho,

I would be interested if you finally went through with the built? Especially if you managed to incorporate the LED meter board? If so, which board did you use and where did you take off the signal for the metering?

Thanks for any hints!

Best wishes
Michael

unfortunately i didnt have time to experiment, and as it was working fine like that, i just went on

unfortunately i didnt have time to experiment, and as it was working fine like that, i just went on
I see. maybe I'll give it a try ;-) ... the preamps should be up and running next week, and if everything works fine then I'll check some addons perhaps :) ... thanks a lot for your quick respond ...

Cheers
Michael

awesome, if you have any trakc, feel free to share or talk about it, il interested :)

Back