Feeler K50 capsule For M50 Mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mics

Hi Guys.
I’ve got a little more time on my hands than usual at the moment (haven’t we all!) so i thought it might be an nice opportunity to embark on a k50 capsule remake.

I’d like to ideally work out a batch size so who better to ask than you all here!!

I will be making the original type or version 1 for this round as there were three versions made. 

So the big question is; who is interested and how many?

Cheers.

Ben

I didn’t realize there’s an early version and Type 1 version; I had thought those were one in the same; then Types 2 and 3.

So, what’s the difference between an early version and Type 1?

In any case, I’ve been waiting for this, so I’m really interested in a pair!

Still, a true Type 2 would be my wildest dream coming true!

Recording Engineer said:
I didn’t realize there’s an early version and Type 1 version; I had thought those were one in the same; then Types 2 and 3.

So, what’s the difference between an early version and Type 1?

In any case, I’ve been waiting for this, so I’m really interested in a pair!

Still, a true Type 2 would be my wildest dream coming true!

Lol English certainly is a funny language, I meant the original capsule being the early version!, lol.

So tell me, why do you so badly want the type two?  Convince me!

Delta Sigma said:
Hope you and Veronica are doing well and keeping your minds busy!

I'm not ready to build an M50 but I'd most likely be interested in buying one anyway.

We are staying busy.  We hope you stay well too!

Well, probably the allure of rarity and everyone saying for years that it’s absolutely impossible to do; which I whole-heartily cannot believe.

Also, with Type 3 being the same as the kk83, as used in the KM83, and essentially still in use in the KM183 as the K 30, that’s pretty-well available.

The early/ Type 1 is a pretty simple design in comparison to the others. While I very-much am in favor of minimal design philosophies, the design was quickly changed. I’m curious as to why. Yes, it did change very-quickly yet again, after the release of a great new material, still, when it comes to metal-diaphragm designs, I think they got it right with this one, even though the material and tension specs. were absolutely ridiculous to work with.

Everyone says just use nickel or titanium... Where’s the fun in that?

Are the three types of KK50 interchangeable?
Our M50's use the "later type", and one is now giving less output than the other....

Walrus said:
Are the three types of KK50 interchangeable?
Our M50's use the "later type", and one is now giving less output than the other....

Good Question.

Yes they are interchangeable but best to get a pair if you want them to stay matched.

Yes, I would be thinking about a pair.
But how big an audio difference between the various Neumann types is there (if any)?

I started the project tonight and wrote the program for the ball.  Here she is, part one of many!

Attachments

• 40FADCF5-0420-4370-9AB5-17763614EF07.jpeg
    40FADCF5-0420-4370-9AB5-17763614EF07.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 98
It’s snowing today!!

Attachments

• 2C95A37C-4380-4B1B-890E-4EB840AB1EAB.jpeg
    2C95A37C-4380-4B1B-890E-4EB840AB1EAB.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 97
Winetree said:
Could I just replace the diaphram in an M49 with the  omni without any circuit mods?

Technically yes no problem as long as the tube you are using has low self noise.

She is taking shape nicely.  At this pace, should have 50 ready to diaphragm in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 7835E20D-EED1-4A60-8501-EA7994B5DA9F.png
    7835E20D-EED1-4A60-8501-EA7994B5DA9F.png
    982.9 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts

Back