okgb

Re: team politics talking points.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »
How about a link ,  that coverts people's names into gear model numbers and takes  the poster to
gear sluts or the gear page !
GKB Audio / Greg Boboski

JohnRoberts

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 12:13:39 AM »
The case against Biden is getting weaker and weaker:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-74-former-biden-staffers-think-about-tara-reades-allegations
It was always a "he said/she said"... (say that fast three times.  ::) )

This not a big deal, a little embarrassing if anything as we reveal how provincial we are.

The observation I make is how differently such incidents are treated depending upon political party affiliation. 

I won't bore everybody with the obvious comparisons.

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

living sounds

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 12:53:43 PM »
It was always a "he said/she said"... (say that fast three times.  ::) )

This not a big deal, a little embarrassing if anything as we reveal how provincial we are.

The observation I make is how differently such incidents are treated depending upon political party affiliation. 

I won't bore everybody with the obvious comparisons.

JR

It looks like she's an outlier and not a reliable one.

As to how different these things are treated, look no further at Kavanaugh (who was credibly accused of a felony and some other stuff) sitting on the supreme court vs Al Franken (who apparanelty touched butt during at a photo op) resigning as a US Senator.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »
It looks like she's an outlier and not a reliable one.
Joe Biden has a track record for making women (people?) uncomfortable with his overly handsy invasion of personal space. That does not translate directly into sexual assault, which is not his reputation.

It is impossible to be very credible decades later, especially if you didn't officially report the more serious sexual assault to authorities at the time.  Her motives are surely suspect in light of time passed and Joe Biden's current high profile, but her treatment is night and day different from Christine Blasey Ford's. 

I thought the #METOO movement was overdone and am glad to see it losing strength, while I hope that this not just a situational pause based on the different politics of the accused.
As to how different these things are treated, look no further at Kavanaugh (who was credibly accused of a felony and some other stuff) sitting on the supreme court
In fact Ford's accusations were far less credible than Tara Reade's, and multiple Kavanaugh accusers have admitted making up their sexual violation accusations. 

I would be happy to put both of these incidents into the historical dustbin of small ball dirty team politics, and say goodbye to #METOO movement also. The hundred's of high profile #METOO tweeters seem uncharacteristically silent now. 

Put the obvious sexual predators away (like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and more.) Hollywood has been so perverse for so long that they invented the concept of the "casting couch" a century ago.
vs Al Franken (who apparanelty touched butt during at a photo op) resigning as a US Senator.
I have no sympathy for Al Franken (by the way there was photographic evidence of his immature behavior when he was immature.... duh). He wasn't even that funny on SNL, but he indeed was a victim of #METOO social justice overreach (that was them eating their own). This does not mean that sexual predators should get free license, but the guilty until proved innocent policies President Obama's education department instituted for colleges are being rolled back to reflect constitutional rights.
===

Times are changing and mostly for the better but the social justice warriors routinely over do it, this might be a good reality check for them, but even I can't get that optimistic.  ::)

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

Gold

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »
I believe Creepy Joe has massaged many women's shoulders without being invited to do so. I started out beliveing Tara Reid but I'm not so sure now. Biden has had hundreds of interns and staffers over his long career. If he liked to diddle the underlings it wouldn't be an isolated incident. If more women come forward telling a similar story I'd believe it. If it's one woman I'm a little less likely to believe it.

In the case of Kavanaugh the puzzle pieces fit. A hard drinking, hard partying youth with many people corroborating shenanigans. Consistent from high school through college.

fazer

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »
with many people corroborating shenanigans.

Such friends.   Also CBF,s. Friend did not remember that incident at all.  So we have one person CBF’s he said she said.   Reall that was democrats doing what they do best.

As to how different these things are treated, look no further at Kavanaugh (who was credibly accused of a felony and some other stuff)

HAhaha.  Your kidding .  What ever fits the narrative. 

living sounds

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »
Tara Reade's credibility took another serious hit:

https://us.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/tara-reade-lawyer/index.html

crazydoc

« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:11:41 PM »
This and the events leading up to it says it all. We got (and are getting) what we deserve.

Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #28 on: Today at 01:22:31 PM »
another media rorschach test....

"made you look"  :o

JR

PS; My crazy idea du jour is to publish/stream all police body cam videos. We probably don't have enough bandwidth to do this in real time, but after the end of shift, body cam footage could be made public. Officers with questionable reputations could be monitored by any and all... There may be some obscure privacy issues but hopefully its mostly just boring. Virtually walking a mile in the police officer's shoes could be instructive.