kambo

Re: team politics talking points.
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »

AND I HAD TO KNOCK HIM OUT, WHEN HE MANAGED TO DO SO  ;D ;D ;D

kambo

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2020, 09:58:47 PM »

Now you are just talking out your ass. I guess it's an opinion.

congrats, u just won who has the biggest ass  competition :o
another opinion  8)

edit: J R was disqualified  for talking the real deal ! 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 10:43:30 PM by kambo »

JohnRoberts

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2020, 11:08:02 PM »
I've seen the videos. Do you have something to add besides vague insinuations?
No, because in cases like this I (we) don't know the full story.

He died with a police officer's knee on his neck...

If this was a done deal we wouldn't need to hold a trial.

In case you haven't been paying attention there are a lot of back stories going around.  I do not repeat unverified speculation. 

That's exactly what happened in the Eric Garner case. He was killed for selling a single cigarette. I see no evidence to the contrary about George Floyd. Once again there seems to be some vague insinuation.

No Garner was killed during a botched arrest "while" selling illegal singles...not killed "for" selling the singles. Arguably it is a waste of scarce resources to police such pettit crimes, but the city wants their tax revenue. In this case it cost a man's life.

Use of lethal force (except for self defense) during arrests is already against the rules, so it appears that we have judgement, training, policy, or other issues  to resolve. If a given police officer has a pattern of using excessive force, he shouldn't still be a police officer. 

Now you are just talking out your ass. I guess it's an opinion.
you said ass....  ::)
I think you are talking about taking a knee. That of course had nothing to do with disrespecting the flag but was a protest about police brutality. Sounds familiar.
I was referring to the Drew Brees statement and apology, I refered to Lebron because he injected himself into it. Don't expect me to diagram that all again.

JR

Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

cyrano

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 06:11:25 AM »
If this was a done deal we wouldn't need to hold a trial.

Yeah, let's lynch the man...  ::)
Why is it people love to believe and hate to know?

scott2000

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 08:22:07 AM »
I think He's trying to play the Kevin Bacon game. It's not super hard to conceive there would be any connections to some of these activist groups  but it's pretty silly to try imo.

Yeah I heard that MN cop is out on bail.....

and another cop was shot in the head in CA last night..

scott2000

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »
An unfounded attack on a 75 year old private citizen by POTUS as political ploy isn't just silly though, it's dangerous. 

Yeah..I know...crazy...
Used to also be that an attack on an old US President was dangerous...lol

Yes that is the shooting I was talking about....Pretty bold.... Nuts...

cyrano

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »
Thanks, Winston. Had to look the "1921 Tulsa Race Massacre" up. My god, possibly 300 dead and 10.000 homeless.

It took the appointed commission 80 years to publish a report? Reminds me of the Tuskegee experiment. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

It also took 'till '97 before Clinton apologised to the victims. And that infamous "experiment" lasted forty years.

Puts some sense into the slogan "Black lives matter"...

crazydoc

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2020, 01:32:54 PM »
I do not have much hope for this working, but invite all the passionate, angry, inflamed, forum members to post whatever  is bothering them at the moment, here instead of threads about other topics..

JR
Looking at clips of the rally, cheering white folks in the background, red hats, with a venerated narcissist telling them what they want to hear, juxtaposed with the BLM goings-on, it just struck me again what a dog whistle MAGA is: "We've got to put those uppity inferior people of color and foreigners (not the terms they use of course) back down in their place, so us white superior chosen ones that this country belongs to can be at the top again."
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

scott2000

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »
so us white superior chosen ones that this country belongs to can be at the top again."

Like this jerk...
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/wellington/fl-ne-man-teen-confrontation-video-20200618-325wj33rcrgfvkfuq6smnm32ma-story.html

Wonder what party he's affiliated with

cyrano

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
I was watching someone asking the Trump supporters at the rally some very, very basic questions about politics.

Even the simplest question seemed bewildering to most. Until, after a question why everyone was white, they found one black man in the crowd.

He seemed the only intelligent life at that rally. The one who found him was very proud to prove the reporter wrong. When asked why he was there, the guy replied "I'm working. And I sure as hell don't support Trump".

The Trump supporter's enthusiasm vanished like a whiff of ether in the air. It's rare to be able to see true idiocy in someone's eyes.

Mark my signature. They're all believers. If Trump does grab them by the pussy, they'll say "Thank you! Mr. President!"

crazydoc

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2020, 03:23:51 PM »
Like this jerk...
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/wellington/fl-ne-man-teen-confrontation-video-20200618-325wj33rcrgfvkfuq6smnm32ma-story.html

Wonder what party he's affiliated with
Hey, you found the MAGA poster boy! He'll probably get an invitation to the White House.

scott2000

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2020, 05:40:03 PM »
I'd be down for some mail in beer.....

JohnRoberts

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2020, 07:05:20 PM »
I'd be down for some mail in beer.....

Now beer is some DIY that I can really get behind.....  8)

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2020, 08:18:16 PM »
And I'm down for any  moonshine recipes up for grabs.  Anyone?
I had an uncle living in the smoky mountains who knew some local shiners...

Making high alcohol brews is a young man's game... I have been a session beer drinker all this century.  8)

For chuckles a trick I may have done when younger was to freeze beers to extract the ethyl alcohol that doesn't freeze from the water that does... didn't taste very good and I am not in a hurry to get drunk any faster these days.

JR

crazydoc

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2020, 08:46:41 PM »
Getting drunk faster is a rookie move.
The summer after high school I worked in a camp in the Colorado mountains as a dishwasher. I found half a pint of fermented vanilla eaxtract in the back of a cupboard and drank it one evening, Worst hangover I've ever had - probably lucky it didn't kill me.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
Keep in mind I know nothing of chemistry here - is that 'cold extraction' ? 
cold extraction is a popular term for brewing coffee without using boiled water.... Typically you mix grounds with cold water and let it sit overnight in the fridge before filtering out the grounds.  There was at least one commercial cold filtered coffee recalled because their cold water process was not sterile.   
I've done  a similar thing in my youth by crushing in water some over-the-counter strength codeine pills and 'almost'  freezing the liquid to extract enough opiate to kill horrendous toothache without inducing a paracetamol overdose.
you need to date nurse... they get the best free samples.  8)
Getting drunk faster is a rookie move.
Yup, typically a young man's pursuit with homebrewing... Too much alcohol in beer results in a hot flavor/taste note that isn't very desirable...

Besides the Belgium tripls that use a specialized yeast (high alcohol beer kills typical beer yeast). HA experimenters use champagne yeast to make HA beer). There are well regarded higher alcohol beer brews classified as barley wines, and mead is generally higher alcohol too. 

The HA brews also require longer to bottle finish.... I am no hurry to get a buzz, but don't want to wait extra weeks for my beer.

jR

Script

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2020, 06:58:10 AM »
Heard that the 2020 US presidential elections are 'rigged' already.
No matter what the outcome, I assume.
Lol

scott2000

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2020, 08:07:24 AM »
Lol

Looks pretty reasonable in Japan if this is true.

https://www.timesofelection.com/electionsvoting-system-in-japan/

How do you handle voting in regards to mailing in votes or needing/not needing any ID? I'd personally feel better with some online thing with passwords etc... The Postal Service is /has been wonky at times for sure.. but I suppose fraud can happen regardless of type...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:52:42 AM by scott2000 »

Scodiddly

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
For chuckles a trick I may have done when younger was to freeze beers to extract the ethyl alcohol that doesn't freeze from the water that does... didn't taste very good and I am not in a hurry to get drunk any faster these days.

That's more of an up north sort of thing, something you'd read about in Jack London stories. 

JohnRoberts

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2020, 10:11:09 AM »
Lol
That is a common rumor used to discourage low enthusiasm voters.

[satire] "Yeah it's fixed so all the bernie bros should stay home." [/satire]

JR