team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
It's not about what I believe, it's about what the DOJ can prove.

I won't even bother to discuss the subjectivity of Bill Barr's choice of investigative topics. 

You seem to be wrapped up in what minutiae Barr can dig up on the investigators while ignoring all the evidence of Trump administration wrongdoing that's staring you in the face.  There's waste, corruption, fraud and deceit staring you in the face--so much that it's impossible to look into it all--and you and Barr are obsessed with this conspiracy theory that "they" were "out to get" Trump. 
The Senate laid it out there:  the Trump team was actively engaged with the Russians during the '16 election.  There's plenty of evidence of it, and that's even with the administration's stonewalling and outright lying.
The FBI knew enough about it to be rightly and gravely concerned.  You and Barr seem happy to ignore any and all malfeasance by Trump while going after the investigators with a shocking vigor and intensity. 

So.......
Do you believe that the Trump campaign engaging with the Russians on election interference was unacceptable, but that the bad actors should all get off because of some legal technicailities?  In that case, wouldn't it make sense to support neither the FBI nor the Trump administration, since neither is innocent of wrongdoing? 

Do you believe that Trump's dalliance with the Russians was perfectly fine, and that all nations should be allowed to collude with presidential campaigns? 

Do you believe that, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, Trump's campaign was perfectly innocent in this matter? 

I ask because I'm not at all clear what you actually believe here.  Are you at the point where you're going to defend your side, no matter how inconsistent or unempirical that defense may be?  Or are there some core beliefs there that are not being fully stated? 

JohnRoberts said:
When a politician says "I am not a crook" , he surely is.  President Nixon drafted me so screw him....

JR
Oh c'mon - if you can believe POTUS Pants-on-Fire, surely you can believe Nixon, of stellar character in comparison.

He didn't draft me - I reported to basic 3 days before his inauguration. But he was president during the rest of my indentured servitude.

Graffiti in a john in Long Binh:
If you voted for Nixon you can't sh!t here - your ass hole is in Washington.

As always, FTA.

This is Adam Shiff from February 4th on the whole impeachment thing:

Trump’s defense has retreated to their last defense:

He’s guilty as sin, but the voters should clean up this mess.

We must ask ourselves:

Can we trust the President will not continue to try to cheat in that very election?

The sad and incontestable answer is:

No, we can’t.

That whole discussion seems so long ago now, but it is as predicted (and I and others said the same thing right here, I believe):  how can you let an election render the verdict on an election-cheater?  Motherf*cker is just gonna cheat some more. 

And we're seeing that play out not at all subtly before our eyes:  Trump is determined to rig this election,  and he's simultaneously working to cast doubt on the entire process in order to create an opening for him to crawl through to become president again. 
Cheaters gonna cheat.  Time has proven that all the  "let the election decide" crowd were either stupid or mendacious.

crazydoc said:
Oh c'mon - if you can believe POTUS Pants-on-Fire, surely you can believe Nixon, of stellar character in comparison.

He didn't draft me - I reported to basic 3 days before his inauguration. But he was president during the rest of my indentured servitude.

Graffiti in a john in Long Binh:
If you voted for Nixon you can't sh!t here - your ass hole is in Washington.

As always, FTA.
I was a short timer counting my days to ETA starting with 700 something.

When I got out they didn't even bother to give me a reenlistment interview.

FTA

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
I replaced my worn flag with a new "blue lives matters" flag, unsure if that now makes me a white supremacist, or am I still just a deplorable racist, sexist, whatever...  8)

Support Kenosha cops. NOT. No need for police with concealed carry licenses.

iturnknobs said:
Support Kenosha cops. NOT. No need for police with concealed carry licenses.

...and the Kenosha police let a white man walk into the protests with what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle as people on the streets screamed to have him arrested. Quite possible this was the man who killed protesters last night. HOW CAN ANYONE SUPPORT THAT?

iturnknobs said:
Quite possible this was the man who killed protesters last night. 

It was.  I woke up unusually early in the UK and watched all the horrific live-stream video footage as it was happening. 

I hooked up via Twitter with a few who were on the ground there and also some folks who were at home analysing the vids.
We (OK, mostly them) had identified him as Kyle Rittenhouse within an hour of him shooting the last victim.

After he'd  killed 2 and seriously wounded another (this 3rd victim will likely lose his arm), the murderer walked right past the local cops (who knew him as they'd given him water earlier in the evening) and was allowed to flee the state, thus becoming a fugitive from justice. 

Anyway, guess what, his Facebook page shows lots of 'blue lives matter' pics.   
* Edit - just revealed he was also a Trump supporter and went to a  'Dear Leader'  rally earlier this year. 

He's now been charged and is in custody in IL awaiting a hearing to extradite to WI.

JohnRoberts said:
I replaced my worn flag with a new "blue lives matters" flag, unsure if that now makes me a white supremacist, or am I still just a deplorable racist, sexist, whatever...  8)

If you keep flowing that flag after what happened this week you don't have to feel "unsure" anymore.

...and we've got someone here who claims Breitbart is a reputable news source. The Kenosha killings article was LITTERED with graphic videos of these people being shot and then up close shots of the 1st victim's eyes rolling back in his head while he bled out on the street. I guess that's what happens to protesters in America... sorry, 'MURICA. Open your eyes and scream loudly. Things are broken.

JohnRoberts said:

The "thin blue line" flag is not just a "dog whistle" in my region of the country, but a screaming air horn indicating that racists can be found nearby. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you'll sure pull some tribalist racists in to listen.

iturnknobs said:
The "thin blue line" flag is not just a "dog whistle" in my region of the country, but a screaming air horn indicating that racists can be found nearby. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you'll sure pull some tribalist racists in to listen.
I refuse to argue about me, but your low opinion of me is noted. If I was that easy to cancel I'd be long gone already.
=======
On the subject of talking points (this thread is about talking points) I heard a new one... "jobs, not mobs". Sometimes it looks like the left is trying to help President Trump get re-elected. All you haters be sure to vote in Nov. 
======
The police officers in Wisconsin didn't have body cams. They were authorized but the funding (cost $1M) was not available. I hope that wasn't because of the defund movement.

Good luck everybody and stay safe, especially anybody in the path of Hurricane Laura.

JR

PS: My blue lives matters flag is not flying today because we are getting outer rain bands from Hurricane Laura. If you look at the flag it contains black and blue stripes also. There are many black and minority police officers. I support them all, and embrace reform (not defunding). It is really disappointing to see the black, female, reform police chief in Seattle (Carmen Best) resign because of funding cuts and no support from her local politicians. 

JohnRoberts said:
If you look at the flag it contains black and blue stripes also. There are many black and minority police officers. I support them all
All Lives Matter, right?

"I have black friends. Really, I do."

You might have to look up that social reference.

Also, to clarify, the talking point is the racism perpetuated by white Republicans(since that's what this thread is about).

What the hell is a blue life anyway ?  No one is born blue or has blue skin.    It's a fucking uniform colour. 

In this time of social unrest, flying a flag like that is akin to flying the confederate flag. 

"I'm not racist, I even have some black friends...  but "   

My arse.

This discussion reminds me of this quote, which relates to anyones opinion of "which lives matter":

32a975a6b74845b77c5defffeef3e706.png

It's not only racism. It's fascism in every level of society:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200825/21321545185/federal-court-no-you-fucking-may-not-force-your-way-into-home-strip-search-six-very-young-children.shtml

These children have already felt fascism first hand before entering kindergarten.

Matador said:
This discussion reminds me of this quote, which relates to anyones opinion of "which lives matter":

32a975a6b74845b77c5defffeef3e706.png

No, this is identity politics 101 and one of the many reasons that things are so deeply messed up right now. Correct this to "Never take advice from someone with bad ideas". 

There are lots of people on all sides of the current split "Who have to live with the consequences" who are deeply misguided about what the solutions to these issues might be.  And I don't need to have a certain skin color to know that.

So Trump went off about the "people in the shadows" who control Biden and the planes full of people "dressed in all black."  That is awesome!!  I'm really flashing back to my crotchedy grandfather's voluminous mail from the 90s, all the hucksters talking about the UN and the black helicopters.  And what a crime it was that donations to them were not tax deductible because of some evil government conspiracy, but if you don't send money NOW, the black helicopters WILL WIN.  Send a check IMMEDIATELY or the UN Storm Troopers will be knocking your door down any minute!

So sad that so many Republicans are such suckers. 

"What The Hell?"

Elvin Bishop & Charlie Musselwhite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpCX3cqWqYw
edit: sorry about the ad.

Look at the shape, the shape the nation's in
This situation is a shame and a sin
I want to know, how could a good thing go so wrong?
Tell me, what the hell is going on?

Sometimes I don't know whether to cry or laugh
Half the people in this country can't stand the other half
I want to know, why can't we halfway get along?
People, people, what the hell is going on?

He is the president but wants to be the king
Know what I like about the guy? Not a goddamn thing
I want to know, how can four years seem so long?
Lord have mercy, what the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back