team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a talking point, or a(Republican) shooting point. Seen 2 in the neighborhood now. I feel real safe...(improper display of American flag).

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 17
Further evidence that Bill Barr believes that he's Trump's Attorney General and not the US Attorney General  (or maybe Billy believes "l'etat c'est Trump."):
The Justice Department on Tuesday intervened in the defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who says President Trump raped her years ago, moving the matter to federal court and signaling it wants to make the U.S. government — rather than Trump himself — the defendant in the case.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/jean-carroll-trump-justice-department/2020/09/08/37faa380-f22a-11ea-b796-2dd09962649c_story.html

Republicans complain about government spending, but I bet you won't hear a even a peep from them as OUR tax dollars are about protect their boy. Party of religion. HA!
hodad said:
Further evidence that Bill Barr believes that he's Trump's Attorney General and not the US Attorney General  (or maybe Billy believes "l'etat c'est Trump."):
The Justice Department on Tuesday intervened in the defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who says President Trump raped her years ago, moving the matter to federal court and signaling it wants to make the U.S. government — rather than Trump himself — the defendant in the case.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/jean-carroll-trump-justice-department/2020/09/08/37faa380-f22a-11ea-b796-2dd09962649c_story.html

Also, in case anyone missed the Andriy Derkach story, here's a headline I grabbed:
U.S. sanctions Ukrainian lawmaker tied to Giuliani as ‘active Russian agent’

So basically, not only did the Trump campaign collude with Russians in 2016, it is continuing to do so to this day. 

That's why the Republican mantra of "We'll let the people decide in November" rings so hollow.  Trump is still colluding with foreign powers in an effort to game the election.  Not to mention all his other efforts to interfere with a free and fair presidential election this year. 

If someone is caught cheating at cards, you don't say, "Let's play some more hands and then we'll see."  You throw the cheater out of the f*cking game.  And that is what should have happened to Trump. 

hodad said:
If someone is caught cheating at cards, you don't say, "Let's play some more hands and then we'll see."  You throw the cheater out of the f*cking game.  And that is what should have happened to Trump.
He plays golf.

Reilly doesn’t say if he agrees with this diagnosis. But at the end of his book, he raises the question of whether Trump’s cheating matters and answers it in the affirmative. “If you’ll cheat to win at golf, is it that much further to cheat to win an election? To turn a Congressional vote? To stop an investigation? If you’ll lie about every aspect of the game, is that much further to lie about your taxes, your relationship with Russians, your groping of women? . . . I’m glad my dad didn’t live to see a Commander in Cheat like Trump. It would’ve turned his stomach.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/donald-trump-the-serial-golf-cheat-in-the-white-house

hodad said:
In case anyone's curious, this link contains (along with an article) the entirety of John Gleeson's amicus brief excoriating the DOJ for its move to dismiss the Flynn case. 
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/gleeson-in-bid-to-keep-flynn-case-alive-says-doj-acting-as-lackey-for-trump
Don't bury the lede!

To describe the Government’s Motion to Dismiss as irregular would be a study in understatement. In the United States, Presidents do not orchestrate pressure campaigns to get the Justice Department to drop charges against defendants who have pleaded guilty—twice, before two different judges—and whose guilt is obvious.  And the Justice Department does not seek to dismiss criminal charges on grounds riddled with legal and factual error, then argue that the validity of those grounds cannot even be briefed to the Court that accepted the defendant’s guilty plea. Nor does the Justice Department make a practice of attacking its own prior filings in a case, as well as judicial opinions ruling in its favor, all while asserting that the normal rules should be set aside for a defendant who is openly favored by the President.

Yet that is exactly what has unfolded here.
So what's the over/under here on the posts talking about activist/biased judges?

Matador said:
So what's the over/under here on the posts talking about activist/biased judges?
Of course, Sullivan was appointed by a Republican president--it's kind of hard for conservatives to call him an activist judge (not that they wouldn't).  My money is on Deep State--anybody that contradicts Trump or challenges his divine right to be the absolute ruler of this country must be part of the Deep State Conspiracy. 

So, yeah.  I'll pass on the Activist Judge action--I'm putting a sawbuck down on Deep State.   

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/exclusive-trump-officials-interfered-with-cdc-reports-on-covid-19-412809
Because science must bend to meet the pronouncements of Dear Leader.

ince Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the health department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.

Talking about corrupt, partisan judges: A majority of 5 Trump apointees and a GWB apointee ruled yesterday that ex-felons need to pay what amounts to a poll tax to be able to vote. And to make it even harder, there is no central database where they can look up what they would have to pay to be able to vote.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article245664660.html

This flies in the face of the 24th amendment to the Constitution as well as the will of the voters, who explicitly opted to allow ex-convicts the right to vote.

Banana Republic.

hodad said:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/exclusive-trump-officials-interfered-with-cdc-reports-on-covid-19-412809
Because science must bend to meet the pronouncements of Dear Leader.

ince Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the health department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.

"CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration," appointee Paul Alexander wrote, calling on Redfield to modify two already published reports that Alexander claimed wrongly inflated the risks of coronavirus to children and undermined Trump's push to reopen schools. "CDC tried to report as if once kids get together, there will be spread and this will impact school re-opening . . . Very misleading by CDC and shame on them. Their aim is clear."

Alexander also called on Redfield to halt all future MMWR reports until the agency modified its years-old publication process so he could personally review the entire report prior to publication, rather than a brief synopsis. Alexander, an assistant professor of health research at McMaster University near Toronto whom Caputo recruited this spring to be his scientific adviser, added that CDC needed to allow him to make line edits — and demanded an "immediate stop" to the reports in the meantime.

"The reports must be read by someone outside of CDC like myself, and we cannot allow the reporting to go on as it has been, for it is outrageous. Its lunacy," Alexander told Redfield and other officials. "Nothing to go out unless I read and agree with the findings how they CDC, wrote it and I tweak it to ensure it is fair and balanced and 'complete.'"

Wow! Physicians and other medical professionals have relied on the MMWR for decades as the most reliable, scientifically sound, up-to-date (published weekly) information source for disease in the USA. To have it reviewed and revised by political appointees prior to publication defeats its whole purpose.

Government control of information is the bedrock of dictatorship.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/12/912301325/longtime-climate-science-denier-hired-at-noaa

Just like Scott Pruitt was put in charge of the EPA. May all Republicans' children suffer from their parents' decisions. Last I checked, the West Coast is ablaze. Can't wait to see the Trump "grand finale". I would assume it's still to be revealed.

If I may paraphrase:

Never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it; take advantage of every opportunity to raise a political whirlwind.

'Never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it; take advantage of every opportunity to raise a political whirlwind.'

Reminds me of an article years and years ago in playboy magazine , 'Maxim's of a Mafia boss'

Maybe Mat might reveal the source of the quote?

Tubetec said:
Maybe Mat might reveal the source of the quote?
It was from an OSS publication after WW2, titled "A Psychological Analysis of Adolph Hitler: His Life and Legend".  However if you dig into it, it wasn't only about Hitler, and was more a characterization of his inner circle and the Nazi Party leadership as a whole.  For example, many of the quotes were paraphrased directly from Goebbels, etc.

living sounds said:
No. I'd rather hope they may "learn from their parents' mistakes".
I realize the insensitivity of my post. I just don't feel that these are mistakes. I feel like people are rooting for the villain and are trying to "prove liberals wrong" with a weird and belligerent type of rebellion. People are mynah bird echoing(Trump talk) stuff like windmills cause cancer and kill 50% of the surrounding bird population... and they know better. It's a gamble on winning on a Hail Mary play while being a jerk. Not a mistake.

Just had reinforcement this weekend that I have serious psychological and sociological problems. POTUS Pants-on-fire had a rally near Reno (where I have to get daily fake real news channels), and all the regular programs on all local channels were preempted for hours for coverage of his visit. I kept checking every once in awhile to see if normal programming had returned. Landing the plane, waiting for him to emerge from the plane, waiting along 395 between Reno and Minden (people with signs, cars and motorcycles with flashing red lights, news patter filling time) - reminded me of OJ and the Bronco (but that at least was PIP during an NBA playoff game). Then the waiting rally crowd in Minden, loud music, shouting and dancing, holding placards, jammed together, no masks - at least it was outside. Then the rally, shouting and applauding at every hopeful lie. It reminded me of a high school pep rally, but even more like a holy roller church service.

What this has to do with rationally choosing someone who can competently lead the country is beyond me. Hence my name, crazydoc. If the world is sane, then I am crazy.

Republicans voted for a bit strange figure in some sheriff elections in New Jersey:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/09/transsexual-satanist-anarchist-wins-gop-primary-campaign-slogan-fk-police/

“Transsexual Satanist anarchist” wins GOP primary with campaign slogan “F**k the police”

Well, checking who you're voting for isn't necessary, apparently... :eek:

cyrano said:
Republicans voted for a bit strange figure in some sheriff elections in New Jersey:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/09/transsexual-satanist-anarchist-wins-gop-primary-campaign-slogan-fk-police/

Well, checking who you're voting for isn't necessary, apparently... :eek:

Wow, that is incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back