team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read 72% of the decommissioned machines are where Clinton won in 2016. What are those odds that it’s a coincidence or that those really were the ones that needed to be done the most? Or that the timing of this is all coincidental?

I don’t understand people.

Democrats and democrat leaning media always are going like "Wake up this is a threat to democracy" as if Trump supporters hadn´t noticed it yet, but I think that´s just what a serious number of people are going for, thrashing American democracy, so Trump is really working for them (although purely coincidental since he is only capable of working for himself apparently).

Through all the desaster and loss I fear Trump will prevail, mainly because the Democrats, who are really unconvincing by themselves, cannot get a grip how to fight him, they focus on his person and what he says, his negligence and shortcomings and it is the best favour they could do him.

They don´t have a concept of their own apart from back to business, people want change, they need change towards their interests. The world is changing anyway, they feel left behind. "You grab anything when you fall". That´s Trump´s ticket.

Probably it doesn´t matter anyway, when you check out the ecological impact of mankind we will soon be gone for good. :'(

JohnRoberts said:
I replaced my worn flag with a new "blue lives matters" flag, unsure if that now makes me a white supremacist, or am I still just a deplorable racist, sexist, whatever...  8)
Patriotism for the win across the country... :'(
§1. Flag; stripes and stars on
The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars [Note: Sec. 2 provides for additional stars; Today the flag has fifty stars representing the fifty states — Webmaster], white in a blue field
§2. Same; additional stars
On the admission of a new State into the Union one star shall be added to the union of the flag; and such addition shall take effect on the fourth day of July then next succeeding such admission
§3. Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag
Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

So now this flag is not just "static" on a flagpole, but it is now a full-sized flag on the Ford dually screaming through the neighbourhood at 7am and all other times of the day. I screamed out, "Children can read that!!!". I will do so going forward. I can't imagine the debate to ensue. You can't make this stuff up... and I sure wouldn't want to get called out for standing up with/beside this person. Seven year-olds know better. Is this a politics talking point or a decency talking point?

Attachments

• Donald-Trump-2020-Flag-1.jpg
    Donald-Trump-2020-Flag-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
I just read a piece by the guy who stood in for Trump in H. Clinton's debate prep in 2016:

"And in the GOP primary debates, his answers involved three parts: I am great; you are terrible; and a nonsensical digression that often changed the subject entirely."

I'm not sure he'll follow the exact same pattern in 2020, but I do expect a plethora of nonsensical digressions. 

JohnRoberts said:
Probably some wishful thinking and gossip... these guys don't leak stuff like the other team. The IG report suggested wrong doing but was not set up to issue indictments, the Durham investigation OTOH is and was designated a criminal investigation back in Oct 2019 signaling criminal charges could be forthcoming.

I don't expect Clinesmith to be the last but the first from this grand jury investigation.

It is also against the law for DOJ actions to intentionally influence elections (which seems all but impossible in this case). Perhaps thats why the Clinesmith announcement was made on sleepy summer friday afternoon. I'm sure President Trump sees this as political ammunition, but by law these political sensitive revalations need to be 60 days before the vote (sept 4th ) like two weeks from now. Durham hasn't even interviewed several witnesses like John Brennan.

Clearly Comey was not following the 60 day rule when he reopened the Hillary email investigation when he did just before the election. Fired AG Sally Yates threw Comey under the bus (saying that he went rogue). The rats are trying to distance themselves from each other.

Smarter people than me say that the 60 day rule does not apply to the Durham investigation because neither Biden or Trump are targets of the actual investigation. This could reflect poorly on VP Biden depending on how high up it goes but the messaging is telegraphing that Biden is not a target. There are more than enough miscreants who did enough bad stuff to send some corrective feedback.

The closest I've seen to this in my tender few years paying attention to domestic politics was Richard Nixon and the Watergate "plumbers" break into the DNC to steal opposition information.  This seems worse by several degrees, Trump appears to have been spied on by a sitting administration using our own FBI and national intelligence community. Nixon's plumbers were amateurs by comparison. 

Bannon appears to be caught with his hand in the cookie jar, hard to imagine what he was thinking if at all... He is a low level puke... but spying on american citizens for political purposes is unacceptable IMO. Clinesmith was just a cog in the gears grinding out this abuse of the system, not the leadership. He needs to get his wrist slapped and hopefully share what he knows. 

For the record I do not claim this is anything more but the first drip from what I expect to me multiple revelations from the durham investigation.

JR
It looks like the Durham report will be delayed until after the election. This is actually the way they are supposed to behave just before elections. It appears the investigation has expanded further as more criminal activity was uncovered, and was delayed by COVID safety practices hindering face to face interviews.

When in doubt do what's right.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
It appears the investigation has expanded further as more "criminal" activity was uncovered, and was delayed by COVID safety practices hindering face to face interviews.

When in doubt do what's right.

Your punchline is really funny, John.  From what I gather they may be re-investigating Hillary's emails for the 8 millionth time--hard-hitting stuff.  Until Durham starts looking into the role of the New York FBI office in pushing Trump's candidacy(there's plenty of evidence of that, but they were helping Trump, so they're obviously just "patriots"), I'll just assume his investigation is another partisan Republican witch hunt. 

EDIT:  And surely you'd like an investigation into Trump's finances, just to make sure no foreign entity happens to pay Trump money or relieve him of one of his excessive debts while coincidentally Trump uses his power as president to effect US policy to favor said entity?  Now that we're finally getting some insight into Trump's massive, personally guaranteed debts, I'd say that merits a much closer look. 

There's nothing amiss here Hodad, it's all consistent... everything in the report that implicates Trump is fake news, tainted by biased investigators, however those same biased investigators got it all exactly right in investigation Trump's rivals.  The burning house isn't the real story (the one with Trump standing in front with a can of gas and a shirt labeled "If I did it"), it's that Joe Biden once lit a match in his fireplace, proving all this fire business is connected!

#twomovies #deepstate #itsfakeifidisagree

If I'm not mistaken, that alleged $400 million debt is the amount due in full within the next 4 years (no doubt these interest only loans would be extended should he serve another term), but his total debt is more than double that amount at $1.1 billion.

Winston O'Boogie said:
...but his total debt is more than double that amount at $1.1 billion.
JohnRoberts said:
At least he understands business.

JR
If 1.1 billion is an accurate figure and 1/3 of our country(120 million) understood business like Trump, there would be 1.32E17 dollars in personal debt alone. This is 100 times ALL the money in the world. Good business model.
| 2020 Edition. There is approximately US $37 trillion in circulation: this includes all the physical money and the money deposited in savings and checking accounts. Money in the form of investments, derivatives, and cryptocurrencies exceeds $1.2 quadrillion.

The big story doesn't seem to be the amount of tax he paid:  I think most people understand that capital gains is skewed to favor the wealthy, and Trump certainly isn't the first tax evader (excuse me...the first to take full advantage of everything the tax code has to offer) to exist.

It's that he literally insolvent, with debt far exceeding his capacity to generate operating profit, with assets far less valuable than the debts held against them.  He is the literal embodiment of the right-wing taking point that liberals are 'tax-and-spend' with no regard to public debt.

The retorts of "Biden would be worse!!!" are getting more and more hollow.

Not a debate - a clusterfuk. I couldn't watch the asshole's off-the wall nonsense for more than a few minutes; he's like a two year old having a tantrum, no getting through to him. Completely  unmoderatable, non-stop blathering, couldn't shut his mouth even when Biden told him, "Will you shut up, man." That's when I left.

I'm baffled that anyone could vote for this completely narcissistic fool who has managed, among other things, to turn the USA into a country thought of with derision and pity on the world stage, and ripening for a civil war.

My 15 year old daughter just turned around after the first 5 minutes and said "what is happening?". I really felt bad. :(
That was absolutely nuts.
Oh well onward and upwards... No where to go but up...

bluebird said:
My 15 year old daughter just turned around after the first 5 minutes and said "what is happening?". I really felt bad. :(
That was absolutely nuts.
Oh well onward and upwards... No where to go but up...
That's what I sorta thought before RBG died. 2020 and Trump probably aren't finished with us just yet...

hodad said:
Your punchline is really funny, John.  From what I gather they may be re-investigating Hillary's emails for the 8 millionth time--hard-hitting stuff.  Until Durham starts looking into the role of the New York FBI office in pushing Trump's candidacy(there's plenty of evidence of that, but they were helping Trump, so they're obviously just "patriots"), I'll just assume his investigation is another partisan Republican witch hunt. 
Glad I can keep you amused.

It is increasingly looking like Hillary planted the Russian collusion theme to distract attention from her email shenanigans.

Comey is testifying to senate committee (virtually) today. It will be interesting to hear his response to some new questions raised by information recently declassified.

EDIT:  And surely you'd like an investigation into Trump's finances, just to make sure no foreign entity happens to pay Trump money or relieve him of one of his excessive debts while coincidentally Trump uses his power as president to effect US policy to favor said entity?  Now that we're finally getting some insight into Trump's massive, personally guaranteed debts, I'd say that merits a much closer look.
President Trump was a business man so didn't engineer a history of tax returns designed to read well politically. He is not being accused of breaking any laws, just doing what typical business people do, not what typical politicians do.

JR

PS: Speaking about a peaceful transition of power, how do we characterize the 2016 never ending attack against the duly elected Trump administration by individuals inside government, including the failed impeachment attempt.

crazydoc said:
Not a debate - a clusterfuk. I couldn't watch the asshole's off-the wall nonsense for more than a few minutes; he's like a two year old having a tantrum, no getting through to him. Completely  unmoderatable, non-stop blathering, couldn't shut his mouth even when Biden told him, "Will you shut up, man." That's when I left.

Please re-watch the debate. You missed all the propaganda talking points and attacks... which appear to be working on certain members here. I will have to be forcefully removed from my polling place to silence me if some jerk in military fatigues with a gun shows up(as Trump suggested/implied). I don't need a gun. I'm brave without one. Go ahead and shoot me, f*cker. Who's the snowflake now?

con·serv·a·tive
/kənˈsərvədiv/

noun
a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
JohnRoberts said:
It is increasingly looking like Hillary planted the Russian collusion theme to distract attention from her email shenanigans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVTZgwYwVo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back