team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
President Trump was a business man so didn't engineer a history of tax returns designed to read well politically. He is not being accused of breaking any laws, just doing what typical business people do, not what typical politicians do.

More like a business-man actor. Like I wrote before, any half-wit would have been able to multiply the fortune Trump inherited, simply by putting it in an S&P 500 exchange traded fund and never touch it.

Instead he went from failure to failure, creating no real wealth, growth, innovation at all. Until he met a TV producer. And again, the money from that show went into more failing business ventures.

Under the light of day he's just an appaling failure and (using his words) "a total looser". It's truly cringeworthy.

And yes, there is ample ground to believe he broke several laws, let's see if he goes to trial after he looses in November. Given his personality profile he will probably share Epstein's fate.

Worst. President. Ever.

JohnRoberts said:
Glad I can keep you amused.

It is increasingly looking like Hillary planted the Russian collusion theme to distract attention from her email shenanigans.
Conspiracy theory much? 

There's a man named Ockham.  He's got a razor that I think you should meet.  These defenses of Trump demand belief in a widespread conspiracy spanning both parties and numerous govt. agencies.  Mr. Ockham might suggest that it's far easier to believe the actual concrete evidence that a sleazy businessman surrounded himself with sleazy people and ran a sleazy presidential campaign, but that would be contrary to what you want to believe.

Watched some clips of the debate,  if you can even call it that.  The system is obviously broken when you end up with these two as the top choices. Does anyone really feel that either is qualified to lead the country?

JohnRoberts said:
including the failed impeachment attempt.

The impeachment was successful.  Trump is and always will be an impeached president.  He was not removed from office, which was the failure of the Senate.

john12ax7 said:
Does anyone really feel that either is qualified to lead the country?

Plenty of people say this every election. What truly makes it different this time? When the President of the United States refuses to call out White Supremacy groups and instead calls on White Supremacy militias (not the National Guard) to stand by, on national television, and it doesn’t instantly put chills in absolutely every American, let alone all leaders to condemn it immediately. What’s to come after election results are in? Damn.

Recording Engineer said:
Plenty of people say this every election.

Unfortunately it has been true for a rather long time.  And a big part of the reason things are in such a mess as they are.

john12ax7 said:
Unfortunately it has been true for a rather long time.  And a big part of the reason things are in such a mess as they are.

I can't say I agree with the premise. Obama, the Clintons, Mitt Romney and John McCain were all qualified. Biden is qualified and will do fine, but he is indeed very old. It's pretty clear why so many people thought it must be him this year.

Bush was severly lacking in many ways and Trump is obviously not remotely qualified.

But even if it were true, it would qualify as a symptom, not the cause. There are a lot of causes big and small that contributed to the current mess.

john12ax7 said:

They are both unqualified in the same way as jaywalking and first degree murder are both crimes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/trump-coronavirus-positive/index.html

May karma run its course...

Can we start calling it the "Republican Virus" now? Looks like the Nazi rallies in LaCrosse and Green Bay are off.

Can't wait to hear Trump making fun of Biden for wearing a mask at the next debate. HA!

Call the police and have all "Trump Army" poll watchers removed from YOUR local polling place.

edit: notice there is nowhere to sign up if you follow the link. Dog whistle?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201005-195515(1).png
    Screenshot_20201005-195515(1).png
    391.7 KB · Views: 9
It's been 12 hours since Trump laid out his plan of extortion/blackmail, refusing to hear any discussion concerning C-19 relief... he'll deal with it if he gets "re-elected". That's GOTTA be illegal. Not that "law and order" matters anymore.  Goldman Sachs has publicly declared that a democratic sweep would be the fastest road to economic recovery. Jerome Powell, chairman of the federal reserve has warned of dire consequences without economic relief.  Anybody wondering where the guy who wrote "Art of the Deal" is on this one? What a businessman. He has knee-capped the economy. He has knee-capped the WH. Many of our top military leaders are in quarantine because of his reckless behavior... but Fox News' top article is about the Russian collusion HOAX(feel free to argue the definition, then refer to Miriam Webster: they make dictionaries)  AND Hillary's emails in case anyone is interested. Hey Republicans: HILLARY WAS NEVER PRESIDENT. The article concerning the Trump funding impasse didn't even show up until one hour ago and it's at least 10th in order/importance. They didn't even use his name the first time they published it. This ego-driven narcissist will crash our country into despair from Nov to Jan out of spite upon losing the election. He's going to outdo the Great Depression. Mark my words.

[quote author=@realDonaldTrump]
Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19...
[/quote]
As usual, this is an easily refutable, baldfaced LIE.

960x0.jpg

Matador said:
As usual, this is an easily refutable, baldfaced LIE.

You are using the previous stimulus data to make conclusions about a future stimulus,  which will not necessarily have the same distribution and allocation.

So DHS’s latest official report released says violent white supremacy groups is the US’s great domestic threat right now. Note that it’s not the team-politics talking-point of BLM and ANTIFA and instead a part of Trump’s base. Can’t believe things like this actually have to be pointed out or that it still changes no one’s mind. Amazing.

john12ax7 said:
You are using the previous stimulus data to make conclusions about a future stimulus,  which will not necessarily have the same distribution and allocation.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.  There's no evidence what he says is true based on past results, nor is there any evidence that it will be any different in the future.  Hence, his statement is 100% untrue.

Since my highly polarized Democratic brothers and sisters would never admit the following, I'll try for some good-vibe shrinkage:
Leaving Row vs Wade off the table for a moment, I was surprised and filled with cognitive dissonance at Pence's soft-spokenness and generally-decent candor during the debate. For all his foibles and social media's unanimous negative opinion of him, by appearances he seems to be a functioning adult. Strange as it is to say this, post debate I admit to being a little less fearful of him standing-in as president, should Trump succumb to covid. 

By all means, rip into the above sentiment. I'll still care for ya afterwards.    ;D

I thought the fly won the debate.

Indeed the social media takeaway! Silver-haired helmet cursed by contrast.

If only politicians would answer questions directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back