team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matador said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.  There's no evidence what he says is true based on past results, nor is there any evidence that it will be any different in the future.  Hence, his statement is 100% untrue.

That is not how logic and deductive reasoning work.

Pence is probably a good, God fearing guy, doing absolutely whatever has to been done to eventually get to what he truly believes is best for America and the world, long-term, even if it means publicly being a great politician behind a cheat, liar, and narcissistic, mentally-ill man for a while. It seems he would absolutely love to completely intertwine religion and politics and truly believes that’s the right thing to do. But he’s up against people on the other extreme. Hopefully those at the very top who are suppose to ultimately interpret the law of the land will do so without inserting their own religious beliefs or fears.

boji said:
If only politicians would answer questions directly.

The VP debate seemed a step up from the previous one,  but that was a rather low bar,  so not saying much.

Nether seemed interested,  or capable, of answering the actual questions asked. Was it even a debate? More like scripted reading of prepared points and topics.

Yep, sorry to fall back on the fly stuff, feeling lazy.  And don't really care tbh.

Both avoided answering questions.  Pence maybe slightly more so? 
But Pence was the one that needed to have a 'bigly' win to turn things around any.
Harris just needed to hold her own and not loose.  I think she did that more or less.

From what I've seen of polls, women in general seem to have thought Harris won.  It doesn't seem that they appreciated his 'CEO talking to a subordinate'  approach.  Her "I'm speaking" reinforced that.  He was somewhat condescending in my limited male opinion,  but I'll leave it to more qualified humans to make a better determination.

Again, I don't think I care enough.  It's all now just a fucking joke and a farce. 
Trump is down in the polls but, being Trump, he still might win.

"It is what it is"

Winston O'Boogie said:
From what I've seen of polls, women in general seem to have thought Harris won.  It doesn't seem that they appreciated his 'CEO talking to a subordinate'  approach.  Her "I'm speaking" reinforced that.  He was somewhat condescending in my limited male opinion,

Pence talked over Harris extensively, talked over the female moderator quite a bit as well.  Women (and some men) get what's going on. 
And there's a lot of men (some of them here)  who will, for instance, give Kavanaugh a pass for screeching "I like beer" in his confirmation hearing, and yet characterize Harris as "mean" or "angry" for doing her job as a Senator and asking tough questions that make weasels like Bill Barr squirm in their seats. 

Harris walked a fine line in the debate--if a woman raises her voice she's "shrill," if she shows emotional vulnerability she's "weak."  If her responses are too pointed (if she'd even once said anything like what Trump spewed in the first debate) she's "radical" and "angry." 

It's easy to forget that Pence has a long career in govt., which wouldn't have happened if he couldn't act the part.  He looks good because of lowered expectations.  But he's a young-earther, and that pretty much disqualifies him in my book.  He may not be stupid, but he's certainly delusional. 

Trump is truly unhingend at the moment, maybe the steroids have something to do with it...

“I’m back because I am perfect physical specimen and I'm extremely young, and so I am lucky in that way.”

Obese 74 year old with a heart condition (and maybe recent stroke) as well as current Covid-19 talking.

living sounds said:
Trump is truly unhingend at the moment, maybe the steroids have something to do with it...

“I’m back because I am perfect physical specimen and I'm extremely young, and so I am lucky in that way.”

Obese 74 year old with a heart condition (and maybe recent stroke) as well as current Covid-19 talking.
I agree - stop the dexamethasone (which he doesn't need anyway). Besides the underlying narcissistic personality disorder, steroid hypomania has broken out - in his case, bordering on actual mania. In addition to all the domestic law-and-order and other issues that can go off the rails, I hope that no foreign adversary threatens a war against the US.

Long-discounted  mid  20th-century  studies  by  Rome  and Braceland and  Garner  and  Falk
suggested  that  the  occurrence  of  corticosteroid-induced  psychiatric  reactions  depended
on the patient’s premorbid personality organizations. Brody also suggested that these reactions
reflected an extreme  version  of  a  patient’s  usual  stress  reaction.

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)61160-9/pdf

hodad said:
Pence talked over Harris extensively ...

I only quoted the beginning of your reply for brevity, but, on reflection, I see what you mean and agree with you.
I hadn't thought about how measured Harris would have had to play this in order to avoid misogynistic criticism.

My boss for 7 years was a woman from whom I learned a lot.  Never once was her gender an issue for me, so maybe I'm a little blind to how others might see a female leader?     

Just heard a clip from last night on Fox of Trump complaining of hundreds of gallons of water being sent to California for little fish?  Are these little fish too dry?

Supposed to be an interview tonight where he gets a medical evaluation live on air!    Is he going to be stripped down to his Y-Fronts and string vest?

crazydoc said:
Brody also suggested that these reactions
reflected an extreme  version  of  a  patient’s  usual  stress  reaction.

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)61160-9/pdf

That's a frightening thought.

Breaking:
Mike Pompeo says on Fox that he's working on getting Hilary's emails and all the information regarding them released before the election!

How will her campaign survive?

::)

john12ax7 said:
That is not how logic and deductive reasoning work.
So your theory is, we must conceive of the possibility that all the previous stimulus bills were spread out amongst the 50 states, however all of the future stimulus bills will only be targeted to blue states with Democratic governors?  Therefore Trump statement was definitely true?

In spite of everything, 2020 could be the best year yet.

“I shouldn’t joke because you know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics puts pressure on me. Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life, what am I going to do? I’m going to say ‘I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics.’ I’m not going to feel so good."

“Maybe I’ll have to leave the country? I don’t know.”

crazydoc said:
“Maybe I’ll have to leave the country? I don’t know.”[/i]

What he's really thinking:  "Maybe I'll leave the country to avoid prosecution and multiple lawsuits?  I don't know."

crazydoc said:
“Maybe I’ll have to leave the country? I don’t know.”[/i]

Trump Tower Branson MO. That’s the move. That’s his people. He could do two shows a day.

bluebird said:
LOL. Paul, I had to login just to laugh at that... ;D

I said that right after the election and it went unremarked upon. I think it’s funny but I’m only half joking. He’s persona non grata in NYC. He’s also broke so he’s got to work.

It should be pointed out that I see it just as much on both sides and certainly not scared young people, but instead, equally across the age ranged. You’re right, they’re so slick that it might be working so well on us, we refuse to simply look at ourselves to ask if it’s working on me. It’s always someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back