team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely *not* quid pro quo.  Just because there is the appearance of impropriety is no reason to be suspicious.  Just because it is both walking and quacking like a duck.....

A multi-billion dollar private equity firm whose subsidiary was awarded two special permits by the Trump Administration to haul hazardous liquified natural gas (LNG), including by rail along Florida’s east coast, apparently forgave more than $100 million in debt owed by President Trump.

https://www.floridabulldog.org/2020/09/fortress-forgave-huge-trump-loan-got-us-permits-transport-lng-rail/

Republicans, this is who you stand with.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-camp-cancels-austin-texas-event-after-pro-trump-ambush-on-campaign-bus

Then I saw they were supporting Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Crenshaw. Are you kidding me! Made me laugh out loud.

They could be pushing batman for all I care; it's the idea that if it doesn't make Biden look good on twitter it needs to go.  When big data strips rights to a free press, most won't blink if the censorship aligns with politics.

Republicans, this is who you stand with.
You can read the link's directed narrative or watch the video, which shows an suv driving into a stupid trump truck's lane.  ::)

I was reading the 'articles of unity' plan etc and thinking it was kind of interesting (though not original). Then I saw they were supporting Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Crenshaw. Are you kidding me! Made me laugh out loud.

Tulsi would get my vote In a heart beat.  No laughing! She is a real patriot and handled Harris (the real preferred DNC presidential candidate ) that couldn't even make it to Iowa. Face it the people don't like Harris.  Talk about a joke, and she will be president if Biden makes it.    Tulsi loves the Country which is one of the Unity 2020 requirements.  Harris loves Harris and the idea of the Harris administration. 

The only problem with unity 2020 is their candidates won't play ball with the 2 parties so we get two terrible choices from the Dems and Pubs.  Thats all they've ever offered. 

Like you said DMP,  break up the monopolies like Teddy the Trust Buster.  IMO Harris will never touch the propaganda machine of the party.     

boji said:
You can read the link's directed narrative or watch the video, which shows an suv driving into a stupid trump truck's lane.  ::)

I saw the video. looks to me like there SUV tried to change lanes and the truck was in their blind spot. A common driving mishap just about everywhere.  in turn the suv hit the truck and pulled away. again a common driving mishap especially in L.A. where we have over 10 million people in the county.

pucho812 said:
I saw the video. looks to me like there SUV tried to change lanes and the truck was in their blind spot. A common driving mishap just about everywhere.  in turn the suv hit the truck and pulled away. again a common driving mishap especially in L.A. where we have over 10 million people in the county.

Not sure what your point is... Nice attempt at a re-direct. A bunch of Republican Trumpers tried to stop Biden's campaign bus. Some of them were wielding semi-automatic rifles. What was the next step? Hand-shaking? I think you should become a traffic cop whose "privilege"(it's clearly not a right in this country) to vote should be revoked. OBVIOUSLY, you missed(didn't want to see) the body of the story. I can't imagine why everything is so out-of-control in this country... probably because people can look beyond the real issue at hand and worry about a traffic incident. SINCE WHEN DOES THE POLITICAL OPPOSITION SURROUND AND OVERTAKE THE OTHER WHILE ARMED? What the actual f*ck? Stand tall, Republicans. Maybe your "boys" will kill Biden before he's elected. 'Murica.

fazer said:
Face it the people don't like Harris. 
You don't like Harris.  I like Harris.  Weak men who can't handle intelligent, strong, assertive women don't like Harris.  Most of what the right says about her is that she's mean and scary--utterly pathetic, sexist garbage. 

hodad said:
You don't like Harris.  I like Harris.  Weak men who can't handle intelligent, strong, assertive women don't like Harris.  Most of what the right says about her is that she's mean and scary--utterly pathetic, sexist garbage.

Wow, there are other reasons to not like her. There are reasons to not like Biden.
Both are deep in the pocket of private equity, both passed their share of inhuman
law.
Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, big step forward for racial equality and civilisation in general!
War On Drugs, anyone? Big success. For the drug lords, arms manufacturers and undertakers.
Julian Assange a terrorist, for leaking american atrocities in Iraq to newspapers?
Right on, great nation.
Too lazy to go on.

Funny thing you never hear those points mentioned by Republicans, for a reason.
They rely more on batsh*t crazy...

fazer said:
Like you said DMP,  break up the monopolies like Teddy the Trust Buster.
This will never happen with a weak government, and the Republican party has been adamantly focused on weakening the government since Reagan. Saying the government is the problem, championing de-regulation, etc
Who is left to rule with a weak government?  An oligarchy of the wealthy.

Their appointments to the courts are much more focused on undermining government strength than any of the social issues, guns, abortion, etc...    I wouldn't be surprised if political operatives on the Republican side act to KEEP the social issues in play so they can mobilize the voters with them. 

L´Andratté said:
Wow, there are other reasons to not like her. There are reasons to not like Biden.
I don't see any reason to mention the issues when Republicans are unable to deal with the fact that she's a strong, assertive (and did I mention brown?) woman.  If we can't get past "She was so mean to Bill Barr!", what's the point in even mentioning her stance on issues? 

boji said:
it's the idea that if it doesn't make Biden look good on twitter it needs to go.  When big data strips rights to a free press, most won't blink if the censorship aligns with politics.
But that's not what's happening.  The end of free speech is not coming about because platforms are trying to develop ways to stop weaponized propoganda based on total lies. The right to free speech does not extend to media platforms anyway.

"big data" is a nice buzzword, but that context doesn't make any sense. Big data is creating a easily utilized database that can track and monetize everything about people.
The actions of the media platforms, however, are controlled by a wealthy small group of Capitalists, who also coincidentally are making the US an oligarchy.

Seeing how Republicans played out pizzagate and other conspiracy theories in 2008-2016 and then tried the same thing with the Hunter Biden garbage this year, it seems lies are necessary for Republican success. True?

And some people don't see any problem with a bunch of yahoo Trump supporters with guns trying to harass and intimidate a Biden bus in Texas? Wow.

hodad said:
I don't see any reason to mention the issues when Republicans are unable to deal with the fact that she's a strong, assertive (and did I mention brown?) woman.  If we can't get past "She was so mean to Bill Barr!", what's the point in even mentioning her stance on issues? 

The point is some of us want candidates who have principles,  integrity,  and not wall st sellouts.

john12ax7 said:
wall st sellouts.
It's not possible to compete unless the rules of the game are changed.  Right now the best we can do is vote for the least awful

It is mindnumbing that anyone is ragging on Democrats when the last several years of actions by Trump and the Republicans are orders of magnitude more corrupt.

Like the Constitution and principles of free speech, religion, press, assembly, and redress? Trump has attacked and threatened the press. He's attacked non-Christian members of Congress. He cleared hundreds of peaceful protestors in Lafayette square.
Trump called on his AG and Justice Dept. to investigate and arrest his political rival with Biden. The list of his corruption and outright crimes is long.

dmp said:
It's not possible to compete unless the rules of the game are changed.  Right now the best we can do is vote for the least awful.

Yes,  it is a choice between awful and less awful,  either way we will be worse off in 4 years.  But it doesn't have to be this way.  There was a non-awful candidate 4 years ago.  And there were non-awful candidates in the primary this year. There are non-awful candidates in the general election. But the establishment always conspires against them. So why do you think the establishment will ever change the rules? No need to as long as people continue supporting them. The cycle will continue until people finally demand,  and vote for non -awful candidates.

People accepting awful candidates just because they play for their team is a good reason Trump won in the first place.  Many people got fed up having to constantly pick from awful establishment candidate #1 vs awful establishment candidate #2. So they rolled the dice with a non -establishment guy.  So those of you who supported awful establishment candidates in 2016 inadvertently helped get Trump elected. Think about that for a bit.

And he would win again this year if not for the staggering incompetence in handling covid.

And that guy was Donald Trump? Really? Really? Were his voters in bunkers his entire 2016 campaign and came out to vote for him? Then, have since enjoyed the sun, but have been blinded by it this entire time?

john12ax7 said:
People accepting awful candidates just because they play for their team is a good reason Trump won in the first place.
Don't forget that the right spent 25 years vilifying Hillary Clinton, which was as much a factor in Trump's victory as Trump himself was (and most of the vilifying was either completely false or making mountains out of molehills.)  And also don't forget that "winner" Donald Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million--and that was with help from the Russians, as well as years of GOP vote suppression measures. 

hodad said:
. Harris was chosen by The dnc not the people .  She dropped out early because no money no support.  Now she’s next in line for president not because of people support.  It’s fixed and a terrible non choice.  But what else is new with these 2 parties.  She’s the Manchurian candidate and did not earn the position.  That’s my problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back