team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fazer said:
. Harris was chosen by The dnc not the people .  She dropped out early because no money no support.  Now she’s next in line for president not because of people support.  It’s fixed and a terrible non choice.  But what else is new with these 2 parties.  She’s the Manchurian candidate and did not earn the position.  That’s my problem .

More of the topic subject of this thread. Well done... One can make that case all day long on both sides, for the presidency as well, every election, deep into history.

Recording Engineer said:
More of the topic subject of this thread. Well done... One can make that case all day long on both sides, for the presidency as well, every election, deep into history.

Yes that could be true.  God bless this mess. 

fazer said:
. Harris was chosen by The dnc not the people .  She dropped out early because no money no support.  Now she’s next in line for president not because of people support.  It’s fixed and a terrible non choice.  But what else is new with these 2 parties.  She’s the Manchurian candidate and did not earn the position.  That’s my problem .
Who wanted J. Danforth Quayle as VP?  Or Sarah Palin?  Or Joe Lieberman?  Spiro Agnew?  VPs are selected, not elected, and it's been that way for a mighty long time.  Teddy Roosevelt wasn't a popular choice for VP either,  but he turned out to be a far better president than most.  So I guess what I'm saying is, so what?  I'm sorry you don't like Harris, but she's a far more qualified and sane choice than many who have gone before her--in both parties. 

Today is election day in the US. Good luck to all my friends on the other side of the pond. I think you may need it.

Cheers

Ian

john12ax7 said:
Yes.  What don't you agree with?

That was the guy, of all guys/gals, voters decided was the best non-establishment person? Really? I mean really, really-really? Are talking about the same guy? Is this mic on? Can you hear yourself? I don’t understand this logic.

Recording Engineer said:
That was the guy, of all guys/gals, voters decided was the best non-establishment person? Really? I mean really, really-really? Is this mic on? Can you hear yourself? I don’t understand this logic.

Huh? You seem to not be grasping the point.  In 2016 you had choice A)  Clinton (awful and establishment) against choice B)  Trump (potentially awful but not establishment).. Given that situation it shouldn't be a shock that many voters decided to roll the dice with choice B.

john12ax7 said:
Huh? You seem to not be grasping the point.  In 2016 you had choice A)  Clinton (awful and establishment) against choice B)  Trump (potentially awful but not establishment).. Given that situation it shouldn't be a shock that many voters decided to roll the dice with choice B.

Nor you mine? How did he get there in the first place?

I recently looked at a political map of the USA. Looks like the two coasts are largely Democrat and the centre is largely Republican. Is that similar to the North South divide here in the UK?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I recently looked at a political map of the USA. Looks like the two coasts are largely Democrat and the centre is largely Republican. Is that similar to the North South divide here in the UK?

Cheers

Ian

Come on.

john12ax7 said:
The point is some of us want candidates who have principles,  integrity,  and not wall st sellouts.

I believe there should be salary and asset "caps" for publicly elected officials. I'm not sure how to get there, but it could help remove big business influence on politics.

john12ax7 said:
Yes,  it is a choice between awful and less awful,  either way we will be worse off in 4 years.  But it doesn't have to be this way.  There was a non-awful candidate 4 years ago.  And there were non-awful candidates in the primary this year. There are non-awful candidates in the general election. But the establishment always conspires against them. So why do you think the establishment will ever change the rules? No need to as long as people continue supporting them. The cycle will continue until people finally demand,  and vote for non -awful candidates.

Half the people who are voting in the election today didn't vote in the primary. So vote in the primary if you want a better choice in the general. The person I voted for in the primary didn't made it to the general in 2016 or 2020. But you pick who you think will be better. I saw the Democrat as MUCH less awful than Trump, in 2016 and now. In fact, I disagree that things will be worse off in 4 years, but time will tell.
I don't see third party candidates in the general election as the way to demand non-awful candidates. That is throwing away your vote and strengthens the two party system (particularly strategic from the GOP side, with planted candidates like Kanye).
So if you want to demand better candidates, vote in the primary, don't throw away your vote in the general. Learn about the state and local officials and try to put in better candidates from the ground up.

And realize that any genuine, good candidate is going to be attacked and smeared by the establishment to no end, so be very cautious in believing them.

2016 had 100 million eligible voters stay home.  It looks like there's gonna be record turnout today with ~160 million votes possibly.

Happy election day.

P.S. How has Dick Cheney not been mentioned in this diatribe on VPs? Called the most powerful VP by historians, and serving with a poorly qualified Republican President that lost the popular vote, and was installed by a partisan 5-4 court decision. 

ruffrecords said:
Sorry, you lost me. Care to be a little more explicit for this 70 year old duffer?

Cheers

Ian

No disrespect, but this divide between the "coastal elites" and the "flyover states"/"bible belt" has been baked in for decades and is such common knowledge to any political observer of US politics that the way you mentioned it amounts to "did you know the gras was green?". ;-)

How has Dick Cheney not been mentioned in this diatribe on VPs? Called the most powerful VP by historians, and serving with a poorly qualified Republican President

Yes another VP Acting as president By non choice.

Oh did I tell how I can’t stand Harris.  And the Harris administration after Joe is removed with the 25th amendment.  I guess it’s nice to have friends in low places. 

scott2000 said:
I saw a thing like a Dear Abby  that kinda pointed out if we did have a United Countries of the World or something along those lines, China or India would be calling the shots with this type of thinking.....

This is the most interesting comment on the past couple of pages Scott. 

The popular vote is relative to a one world government and the population of the countries in the world.  The propaganda of 1642 project and America was never great.  We can only expect 1% growth from this point on.  Critical race theory.  You name it its propaganda to demoralize pride of country. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back