team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for a pardon would mean he’d have to ask it for something he’s done wrong. He can’t even tell the truth about what he ate for breakfast!

On the other hand, maybe a ruling to reverse his impeach from the house, but his only chance there is only what he’s been doing: Demanding Barr imprison his revivals or replacing him with someone he things will go that step for him. Maybe Giuliani will.

apparently there were laws already in place that dictate the start times for which mail-in ballots can be counted.

due to the pandemic, above normal mail-in ballots were received.

thus the delays in vote counting due to the inflexibility of the system which was established long before the expected influx of hardcopy data. as well as 'problem ballots" (people writing in mickey mouse for president) having to go through different channels.

we couldn't have hoped for a better torture to the orange incumbent. his hunger for attention almost being satisfied for another 4 years, but no! the carpet was jerked from underneath at the last possible moment!  :D :D :D :D

living sounds said:
"Gore clusterfsck"? You mean when the conservative Supreme Court majority wrote that completely illogical ruling and stopped the count to give the election to their man? ;-)

As for "funny business", my guess would be that there are watchers from both parties and Independents all around these ballots.
Don't guess, there are already news reports of mischief. A GOP poll watcher was denied access for something like 12 hours in Philly while 100k votes were being counted.  The explanation for it was that it was a "mistake".  ::)  ::)

Vote recounts rarely change outcomes but it is always important to keep everybody honest.
It looks a lot like the "red mirage" that was predicted, at least in Michigan and Wisconsin, maybe also Georgia, Pennsylvania and North Carolina, because yes, the uncounted mail has a high probability to skew heavily to the Democratic party.
If the pre election polls were accurate there wouldn't be anything to recount some polls were off almost 10% in favor of VP Biden. The silent majority doesn't do polls.
Still, with the Senate not likely to end up with the Democrats there isn't much constructive legislation to be expected down the road. Two more years of stalemate.
Divided government is generally good for the markets, the government can do less damage that way.

Funny I haven't heard all the typical whining about how much money was spent on politics this year.  A couple senate races blew $100M each trying to flip them over to democrat.  :p  How much did Bloomberg spend in FL?  ;D

Hypocrisy is par for the course when politics are discussed.

JR

PS: After the last four years it is hard to imagine that POTUS might have trust issues with vote count integrity. The good news is that our republic is strong. No rioting or looting in Hickory today.  8)  I am not optimistic about a Biden (Harris?) Presidency but we could survive that too.

Recording Engineer said:
I’m curious of the (Harris?) part. Is that more already larger known team politics talking points or otherwise?

It's one of those crazy Q-anon level conspiracy theories.  They think that Biden will be immediately removed to make Harris the president.

JohnRoberts said:
Vote recounts rarely change outcomes but it is always important to keep everybody honest.
Honest!!!!  That's super rich coming from a Republican.  Particularly a Republican Trump supporter. 

hodad said:
Honest!!!!  That's super rich coming from a Republican.  Particularly a Republican Trump supporter.

What the Trump campaign and supporters in different states are basically saying: "You have to stop in Georgia, keep going in Arizona, stop in Pennsylvania, keep going in Nevada, stop in North Carolina, recount Wisconsin, and ultimately let Brett Kavanaugh weigh in on all of it. That's what the founders would have wanted."

It's hilarious.

With the flurry of lawsuits coming (unless the final counts somehow end up red), the election will be "under audit" and nothing will change until that is completed, and we already know how long that will take.

We are really in for some shit, not to mention covid exploding.

hodad said:
stop with the personal trolling, veiled or otherwise.

A judge in PA just ruled that Republican monitors can watch the vote counting from only 6 feet away, the democrats were forcing them to watch from 20 feet away. The democratic lawyers tried to delay the hearing but the Judge didn't fall for that sham. 

JR

PS: Sorry to hear you candidate Espy lost to Cindy (our first woman in congress) despite raising 3x the money ($9M vs  her $3M).  It was a good election for advertising sales.

JohnRoberts said:
A judge in PA just ruled that Republican monitors can watch the vote counting from only 6 feet away, the democrats were forcing them to watch from 20 feet away.

What a major, MAJOR, EPIC win for the Trump campaign. Get the champagne!

Widespread voter fraud has never been proven, but voter suppression in the US has a long and ugly history and is still ongoing. Why don't you direct your attention to that?

There was some good news from your state, btw:

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-elections/2020/11/mississippi-measure-2-statewide-election-provision-jim-crow/

Here's what independant observers said wrt to voter fraud:

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-elections-voting-2020-voting-b30f3424736014a6b7405df71e32e36f

crazydoc said:
With the flurry of lawsuits coming (unless the final counts somehow end up red), the election will be "under audit" and nothing will change until that is completed, and we already know how long that will take.

We are really in for some sh*t, not to mention covid exploding.

Well the Constitution is very explicitly clear under most situations including litigation and congressional scenarios at the same time, at the time of Inauguration Day... Should we actually follow the Constitution and not just rollover for the sake of politics or the party when leaders make arguments for not doing that, we should be alright.

The problem is, I’ve hardly seen any right leaders truly standing up for the clear words in the Constitution for a number of years. Absolutely all should be. I pray at least the majority.

Unfortunately no. It will continue without consequences. With an equally divided nation and supporters eating up the arguments for not following things that are absolutely clear in the Constitution, voting them out as a consequence is a joke and one of the stupidest things I’ve heard. Mitch and Lindseys’ re-election after flip-flopping arguments on Supreme Court nominations when the Constitution is absolutely clear to is the latest example. That is NOT something that should stand without consequence!

I have not hope that it will be so though. And that’s why we’re at where we’re at now. That’s quite a low point and unfortunately, it can always get worse. I’m waiting for line to be crossed for the right leaders and voters in hope they do something. I can’t believe the Constitution is not that line!

Recording Engineer said:
Mitch and Lindseys’ re-election after flip-flopping arguments on Supreme Court nominations when the Constitution is absolutely clear to is the latest example. That is NOT something that should stand without consequence!
Unfortunately, for GOP voters in KY and SC, this is the feature, not the bug.  Do whatever it takes to win, unless a Democrat is doing it, at which point it becomes wrong.

Matador said:
Unfortunately, for GOP voters in KY and SC, this is the feature, not the bug.  Do whatever it takes to win, unless a Democrat is doing it, at which point it becomes wrong.

To be fair, both sides play that game, but when it to comes ridiculous slime-ball-lawyer arguments to clear-cut Constitutional laws, the right has been on a roll for years.

living sounds said:
What a major, MAJOR, EPIC win for the Trump campaign. Get the champagne!
So you consider it a democratic loss that a judge stopped them from keeping republican ballot inspectors 20-30 feet away? 
Widespread voter fraud has never been proven, but voter suppression in the US has a long and ugly history and is still ongoing. Why don't you direct your attention to that?

There was some good news from your state, btw:

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-elections/2020/11/mississippi-measure-2-statewide-election-provision-jim-crow/

I love it when you guys school me about MS and America...  ::)

Yes they forced me to show picture ID to vote. Since I have carried and needed picture ID for about 50 years now I don't consider that voter suppression.

As I have shared here before I believe voters without picture ID should be allowed a provisional ballot after giving a finger print and a quick facial photograph. If the vote is close these provisional votes can be vetted. If it isn't a close election the data just gets flushed.

FWIW it wasn't close in MS.

JR

volker said:
What the Trump campaign and supporters in different states are basically saying: "You have to stop in Georgia, keep going in Arizona, stop in Pennsylvania, keep going in Nevada, stop in North Carolina, recount Wisconsin, and ultimately let Brett Kavanaugh weigh in on all of it. That's what the founders would have wanted."

It's hilarious.

There are crowds some places literally chanting "stop the count"

Not a good look the US is presenting to the world.

Funny about Trump tweeting "stop the count", he would lose if the count were stopped when he said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back