team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hodad said:
I wonder if I'm really dense sometimes, or maybe if I struggle with communication via internet. 
Are you saying that you buy into all of Trump's nonsense about election fraud?  There are times when I feel I need things like this spelled out to me--maybe it's because I think you're too smart to buy into that garbage.

John already congratulated "you know who" when, based on predictions, the media/networks called it for Biden.

He's very much far removed from your "low information" type voters that are on both sides of the aisle.

I can't speak for John, but I suspect he doesn't buy into the mass fraud stuff.  But ? 

JohnRoberts said:
That is rich suggesting that the right is the side advocating violence, while there are fringe elements on both sides that are extreme.

We all have a stake in election integrity.

JR

The Proud Boys and Q-Anon have all been embraced by the president(not extreme fringe element:eek:pposite of, actually). We The People have reached out in a full page ad in The Washington Times to implore Trump to declare martial law(which death is the penalty for breaking) to "take back" the election. I could go on and on... Boogaloo Boys, The 3 Percenters, Patriot Front, etc. Please cite other fringe extreme groups embraced by Democratic governmental leaders. Keep in mind Antifa is an idea, not an organization. There is a huge difference between election integrity and conspiracy theories pushed by a misinformation campaign designed to sow mistrust and division. Once again, please provide evidence of fraud. Trump's lawyers cannot. Republicans have severely harmed the perception of "election integrity"... all because they are poor loser snowflakes who are crying because they didn't get their "gold star". 2016, Trump lost the popular vote by 3.5 million and still became president. No one questioned the integrity of our voting system. 2020, Trump has lost by almost 7 million votes and lost the electoral college by exactly as much as he won by in 2016 in a self-declared "landslide" election. Trump held a "victory rally" last night in Georgia. The world has lost its mind.

Winston O'Boogie said:
John already congratulated "you know who" when, based on predictions, the media/networks called it for Biden.

He's very much far removed from your "low information" type voters that are on both sides of the aisle.

I can't speak for John, but I suspect he doesn't buy into the mass fraud stuff.  But ?

Agreed.  Which is why I was a little mystified by the comment I quoted.

“We seriously, sincerely cry out to you,” she prayed. “We ask you, O God, for deliverance, that our country may continue to know freedom. Would you deliver these races in Georgia, O Father? Would you deliver various local and state races, Father … and O God, I personally ask, for myself, Michele Bachmann, Lord, would you allow Donald Trump to have a second term as president of the United States?”

Sorry, Michelle, god is too busy scrounging for money:

"There’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!"

Should go in the quotes thread - one of my favorites.  :D

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/07/89-republicans-say-democratic-voting-process-did-not-work-well/#

Hey Republicans, it's called losing. No gold stars. Teach your children this lesson so that guerrilla tactics aren't the resolve when student council elections don't go their way. THE CHILDREN ARE WATCHING AND LEARNING FROM US.

iturnknobs said:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/07/89-republicans-say-democratic-voting-process-did-not-work-well/#
“Regardless of whether your preferred prudential candidate won, how well do you think the democratic voting process in the U.S. worked this year — very well, well, not too well or not well at all?” the survey asked.

prudential: involving or showing care and forethought, especially in business

I didn't realize the repubs had a prudential candidate.  :D

...like I said...

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/12/07/943820889/michigan-secretary-of-state-says-armed-protesters-descended-on-her-home-saturday

Stand beside or speak out against. There is no middle ground when people start surrounding politicians' homes with arms. Period.

Wow. Just f*cking Republican WOW!!!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/08/arizona-republican-party-asks-if-followers-die-election-president-donald-trump/6488952002/

JohnRoberts said:
That is rich suggesting that the right is the side advocating violence, while there are fringe elements on both sides that are extreme.

We all have a stake in election integrity.

JR

Rich, indeed.

edit: silence is cooperation

iturnknobs said:
...like I said...

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/12/07/943820889/michigan-secretary-of-state-says-armed-protesters-descended-on-her-home-saturday

Stand beside or speak out against. There is no middle ground when people start surrounding politicians' homes with arms. Period.

so when others did this before, in the name of BLM, etc where were you?

Well I’ve certainly said something toward both sides... Still, there’s been plenty asking this question to others while they themselves have not said anything critical toward their own side. Plenty of loud hypocritical comments to go around, out of fear, insecurities, and to help feed ego due to low self-worth; and not much true internal-reflection at all. Unfortunately, this behavior has been embraced way too much with endless talking-head “news”.

pucho812 said:

At home watching Netflix, Youtube, and BBC4. 
Read a few books, caught up on the news some...

I may also have up'ed my dietary allowance of Single Malt and nicotine. 

I have tried to avoid the typical political screeds but I have an anecdote. Today I was talking with my neighbor, the druggist, and he shared that his sister who lives in GA received a mail in ballot at home, but she ignored it and decided to vote in person.

At her polling place she was informed that she had already voted.  :eek: She went home and then returned to the polling place with her unused mail in ballot.

I'm sure this was just an isolated innocent mistake.  ::) ::) ::)

JR 

Personal anecdotes of such things are nothing new and is just in part that ish happens; sometimes more than usual. Still, I don’t see how this is any different from elections past or will be in the future, so why all the humdrum and literal up in arms this time? How does any of this prove his claim of the biggest election fraud in US history? How does any of this justify getting some of the looniest lawyers and witnesses possible to parade around the courts? Yes, it’s their right, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a stupid move and shows their true colors. How many lawsuits with only anecdotal stories can someone withstand before writing them off as nuts? How much defending of all this before someone thinks there’s a screw loose?

JohnRoberts said:
I'm sure this was just an isolated innocent mistake.  ::) ::) ::)

JR

Indeed.  I know people who got absentee ballots and had no such problem voting in person.  In fact, no one I know mentioned any problem like this--and unsurprisingly, I know a lot of Georgia voters. 

Interesting look at where all those ultra-conservative judges come from:

https://billmoyers.com/story/new-podcast-the-shadow-network/#.X9U-beQ_psJ.facebook

hodad said:
Interesting look at where all those ultra-conservative judges come from:

https://billmoyers.com/story/new-podcast-the-shadow-network/#.X9U-beQ_psJ.facebook
Thanks - interesting read - gotta hand it to the powers behind the repubs, they seem to have really elevated data mining to a new level - find the stupid and feed 'em.

It's a good thing the pandemic and racism raised their ugly heads, or we might have had a repeat of 2016.

pucho812 said:

Please cite references of BLM members surrounding a politician's home(for upholding the laws)while carrying semi-automatic weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back