• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Grayhill Rotary Switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octavez

Does anyone has some spare rotary switches Grayhill 71BDF30-03-1-AJN (12 position, 3 pole) they would be willing to sell? Or know where I could find some in stock. Can't find any online...

Thank you!

...uncle google search 71BDF30-03-1-AJN...
...i take from England http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/Rotary_Switches.html

Since you probably want it from within the US, maybe check on what mouser says for arrival time

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Grayhill/71BDF30-03PAJN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvNbjZ2WlReYhndqMY8foDI9yruO910dJc%3D

lukas said:
...uncle google search 71BDF30-03-1-AJN...
...i take from England http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/Rotary_Switches.html

Yeah it's sold out :( I went through 5 pages of google results haha.

buildafriend said:
Since you probably want it from within the US, maybe check on what mouser says for arrival time

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Grayhill/71BDF30-03PAJN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvNbjZ2WlReYhndqMY8foDI9yruO910dJc%3D

Yeah it's August... So that's why I posted here in case someone has some in the meantime.

octavez said:
Does anyone has some spare rotary switches Grayhill 71BDF30-03-1-AJN (12 position, 3 pole) they would be willing to sell? Or know where I could find some in stock. Can't find any online...

Thank you!
I’d check with blore-Ed.com.

They’re super helpful and can even make what you need at a totally reasonable price.

Edit: forgot to mention - super high quality too.

Phrazemaster said:
I’d check with blore-Ed.com.

They’re super helpful and can even make what you need at a totally reasonable price.

Edit: forgot to mention - super high quality too.

I sent an email to Brett! Hope he replies with good news. Not sure if they stock Grayhill?

octavez said:
I sent an email to Brett! Hope he replies with good news. Not sure if they stock Grayhill?
No it won’t be grayhill (I don’t think). I’m pretty sure they only offer their own stuff.

But their stuff is really high quality, heavy, old school looking built like a tank stuff.

I was thrilled with an order of 4 custom switches connected to pots behind each switch. Reasonable. Did take a few weeks to get.

Phrazemaster said:
No it won’t be grayhill (I don’t think). I’m pretty sure they only offer their own stuff.

But their stuff is really high quality, heavy, old school looking built like a tank stuff.

I was thrilled with an order of 4 custom switches connected to pots behind each switch. Reasonable. Did take a few weeks to get.

Oh yeah that's what I thought, we will see what they say. The one I need is pcb mount, not sure if they can do that.

Grayhill confirmed that nobody has them right now. We can order direct from them that should take 8-10 weeks, but they require to order 25 minimum. Someone need any? I only need 4-6 max. Let me know!

octavez said:
Grayhill confirmed that nobody has them right now. We can order direct from them that should take 8-10 weeks, but they require to order 25 minimum. Someone need any? I only need 4-6 max. Let me know!
I think you’re going to be out of luck - they are expensive switches and unless you find a project that everyone needs them in, you won’t get many takers if any.

I would also check eBay and octopart.

What did Blore--Ed say?

Phrazemaster said:
I think you’re going to be out of luck - they are expensive switches and unless you find a project that everyone needs them in, you won’t get many takers if any.

I would also check eBay and octopart.

What did Blore--Ed say?

Yeah it would be about $500 for the order. This is the switch used in the EZ1290 and EZ1073.

Blore-Ed is creating a similar 12 position pcb switch, slightly bigger, that should be ready soon! They will send me specs asap.

octavez said:
Yeah it would be about $500 for the order. This is the switch used in the EZ1290 and EZ1073.

Blore-Ed is creating a similar 12 position pcb switch, slightly bigger, that should be ready soon! They will send me specs asap.

I've checked everywhere. Nothing is available right now. I looked all over the place. I was trying to build a couple of ez1290s but that's going to have to wait.

audiosway said:
I've checked everywhere. Nothing is available right now. I looked all over the place. I was trying to build a couple of ez1290s but that's going to have to wait.

Want to split an order? 12 each? Lead time is 8-10 weeks.

octavez said:

I would but I only needed two for a recording project I'm working on. Can't wait. So, I'm going to use my UA 1073 plugins instead and just sell my 1290 boards.

octavez said:

8-10 weeks? Sounds too optimistic to me especially in the current situation.

Mouser has a 21-week or so turnround

My wild guess is that audiomaintenance have them in stock but they keep them for their projects. If that's the case, it might mean something.

warpie said:

Yeah even though that's what Grayhill told me. AML told me this morning they have orders dating from November...

warpie said:

My wild guess is that audiomaintenance have them in stock but they keep them for their projects. If that's the case, it might mean something.

That's what I'm thinking too. They have them in their kits and the kits are available for sale still. I think it might be a long wait.

What about this switch https://www.onlinecomponents.com/grayhill/71bd30031ajn-11456153.html?ref=GooglePLA&utm_term=71BD30-03-1-AJN#

Clakejr said:
What about this switch https://www.onlinecomponents.com/grayhill/71bd30031ajn-11456153.html?ref=GooglePLA&utm_term=71BD30-03-1-AJN#

This is the solder lug version unfortunately.

I’m looking for 3 of these switches and have been for the past couple months. I did place an order with that online-components company last month for 4 switches with a due date of end September but I’m not optimistic about that.

Back