Feeler 797 audio LDC and SDC Capsule Extras For Sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lelandletham

How’s it going. I’m building mics and starting a small mic business, and it looks like I’ll have some extra 797 c12 style capsules like the ones used in the bluebird and a lot of rode mics, the k67 dual sided capsules that a lot of companies use as we all know. Also, the Omni and cardioid SDC capsules, an example of which can be found on the Rode  nt5, like the nt45 capsules. The rounded edge version that are favored. I’m not going to rename them my own brand or say they’re from years of R&D, and I’m not being rude or pointing fingers at all, just being honest about their origin. I will check each one beforehand if I sell them in a test mic. I feel they’re a better alternative to the other Chinese made cheaper options, while being in between the high end makers like Campbell Heiserman OPR Dale etc etc and the cheap WGT and Shuaiyin Ningbo type options. They would be around $75, but still working out the price. I’ll have them in a few weeks, and am deciding on waiting to use them in builds or getting rid of some of them while other parts come in. Just get a feel for anyone interested if I do sell some of these. Appreciate your time

Lelandletham said:
How’s it going. I’m building mics and starting a small mic business, and it looks like I’ll have some extra 797 c12 style capsules like the ones used in the bluebird and a lot of rode mics, the k67 dual sided capsules that a lot of companies use as we all know. Also, the Omni and cardioid SDC capsules, an example of which can be found on the Rode  nt5, like the nt45 capsules. The rounded edge version that are favored. I’m not going to rename them my own brand or say they’re from years of R&D, and I’m not being rude or pointing fingers at all, just being honest about their origin. I will check each one beforehand if I sell them in a test mic. I feel they’re a better alternative to the other Chinese made cheaper options, while being in between the high end makers like Campbell Heiserman OPR Dale etc etc and the cheap WGT and Shuaiyin Ningbo type options. They would be around $75, but still working out the price. I’ll have them in a few weeks, and am deciding on waiting to use them in builds or getting rid of some of them while other parts come in. Just get a feel for anyone interested if I do sell some of these. Appreciate your time
I'd be down for like 2 of the edge terminated capsules.

We all know a certain manufacturer who's rebranding Ningbo and similar capsules, not sure where said person sources his SDC capsules, they look similar to the 3U ones, but I don't know which Chinese SDC capsules look similar.

Anyhow, I think the honesty is a good approach. I think people want to know what's going into their mics. I don't know what you charge for yours, but I'm a lot more likely to buy a $400-$500 or so mic that's honest about using a 797 capsule than a $700+ mic from a certain DIY part/mod kit seller and his mic building company that pretends that they're not using $30 capsules. Or other more "premium" clone mic and capsule sellers who's expensive capsules sound like Chinese capsules.

Plus I've been quoted $50 a sample of the 797 edge terminated capsules. Compared to people charging $150 for a $30/pc capsule, it's a very good deal.

Back