Interesting right-angled rotary switch options from Blore Edwards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwentyTrees

Just saw this on Blore Edwards' Facebook page, and thought it might be of interest to the community - they're developing small PCBs to turn some of their standard rotary switches into right-angled PCB mount. Could potentially be an attractive alternative to the standard Grayhill 71 with a lot of flexibility (up to 23 way, multiple decks and gangs, dual concentric, etc), albeit in a larger package. I can attest from past interactions that Blore Edwards are fantastic to deal with and have been very open to custom work at small volumes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3563810323658621&id=768644859841862

"This is our PXR-90

A right angled PCB plug in. It maintains all the versatility of the PXR, multi-pole, multi-gang, standard and concentric options, can be fitted with potentiometers and all ready to plug in to your PCB's.

It's a WIP at the moment. We need to test it's capabilities and all the options it covers. Datasheet with dimensions and footprint will follow soon."

Looking good but I really doubt they would fit on 1U like grayhill do. I got some of those switces in the past and I was happy with the quality.

It's a good point - I've not seen overall dimensions yet, but it's certainly bigger than a Grayhill. Potentially much more flexible, though.

Back