BBC Bias in action

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

I find this kind of mass manipulation by the BBC more worrying than anything said by Trump.  The media have a duty to report what happens, not edit it so that it's meaning is changed to their agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFXdWWiF0oU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2ngU40xkpKHtMtUWhLc_o5wt2PAz1hGTjtYg4_7gykaVochApUIT595m0

Just for the record, in my former career, we worked with a cancer drug company that bonded some of our luminescent powder to a cancer drug.  The green light from the powder activated the drug, but the  UV (which activated the powder) was only beamed via an endoscope to the tumour so that it was harmless to the rest of the body.

DaveP

A bit of stupid edit to try and slip through on the quiet , was bound to be flagged . Someones probably busted back down to doing the doughnut run and making cups of tea for a while ;D

Seeing as the Trumps  latest gobshitery formed part of the post I might as well mention another glaring incidence of bias Ive seen.
Poison control centers country wide in the US have been inundated with enquiries from the general public relating to use of hygiene products internally to combat covid infection or spread . I chat in a US based online room , theres probably a fairly equal balance of country and city dwellers , but I suspect theres probably a bigger proportion of those who ascribe themselves to Republican leanings in terms of politics , people who ordinarily I get along just fine with on most subjects at least . Of course the subject of Trumps hapless rants does surface from time to time , what I find very bizarre is ,normally rational people who I like and usually get along fine with loose the plot . I did draw a comparison ,as I have here between Jim Jones/Jonestown Masachre and Trumps sometimes very dangerous advice which has cost lives . Some are so screwed down by the political divide there in the US that they will attempt to excuse what the president says by saying 'well if people are stupid enough to believe it and they end up dead , its their own fault'.

Lack of education + blind faith in the office of president = brainwashing ,pure and simple  :(

. Some are so screwed down by the political divide there in the US that they will attempt to excuse what the president says by saying 'well if people are stupid enough to believe it and they end up dead , its their own fault'.

Could also be that  thinking  people are stupid  is an elitist type mind set...... er...never mind....

https://www.westernjournal.com/youtube-ceo-backs-vows-remove-posts-go-groups-recommendations/

“Of course, anything that is medically unsubstantiated. So people saying, like, ‘take vitamin C,’ you know, ‘take turmeric,’ like, ‘those are — will cure you.’ Those are the examples of things that would be a violation of our policy.

“[A]nything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations would be a violation of our policy. And so ‘remove’ is another really important part of our policy,” Wojcicki added.

Zuckerberg: Organizing Anti-Lockdown Protests on Facebook is 'Harmful Misinformation and We Take That Down'

https://www.westernjournal.com/zuckerberg-organizing-anti-lockdown-protests-facebook-harmful-misinformation-take/

I think newscasters need to wear uniforms like nascar (or formula one) race drivers with all the endorsements visible, so we don't have to guess  their biases. 

JR

I think that the BBC lost the plot years ago when John Birt came on board and turned them into a 'pseudo commercial' organisation trying to compete with commercial TV stations funded by advertising.  They have forgotten that they are a public broadcasting service paid for by public subscription.

Their news credibility went down the pan years ago as they tried to follow the likes of Fox News' sensationalism and make celebrities of newscasters.

Interestingly, UK commercial TV would not have got a broadcasting license if the Director-General (then Sir John Reith) hadn't upset Sir Winston Churchill with his anti-government bias.  Boris has yet to take his revenge on the Beeb because of their anti-Brexit stance.

Regards

Mike

Surely so if Fakebook is holding everybody to the same set of rules the vast majority of  DT's Covid related press conference video clips need to be pulled down immediately ,maybe start reporting them in as 'unsubstantiated harmful misinformation' .

How about fighting fire with fire , if everyone on Fecebook posts an anti lockdown message and leaves Zuckerburg
alone in his own echo chamber for a while , give him a couple of days to think about things with a massively reduced advertising revenue ,he'll be off to broked!ck mountain and maybe he'll take Bono with him  ;D

DaveP said:
I find this kind of mass manipulation by the BBC more worrying than anything said by Trump.  The media have a duty to report what happens, not edit it so that it's meaning is changed to their agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFXdWWiF0oU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2ngU40xkpKHtMtUWhLc_o5wt2PAz1hGTjtYg4_7gykaVochApUIT595m0

DaveP

;)

Politico is a very valid commentary source, which I have followed for some time , as well as many other credible channels.

This is why I refuse to perceive most of what any mainstream media sources report as any form of valid truth !
: ie BBC CNN MSMBC  SKY etc etc ...in fact most MSM sources.

The lies and misinformation regarding an unmentionable "virus* health "emergency, is astounding !

The Agenda is becoming more clear day by day

media bias is relative, they are businesses after all, so generally try to give their target audiences what they want to hear. If you do not perceive any bias, perhaps you are the target audience.  8)

JR

PS: I am not the beeb's target audience.

https://www.fulcrumnews.com/blog/2018/3/10/unmasking-youtube-google-cia-and-cern

That link digs a little deeper into afore mentioned family tree.

Tubetec said:
https://www.fulcrumnews.com/blog/2018/3/10/unmasking-youtube-google-cia-and-cern

That link digs a little deeper into afore mentioned family tree.

Disturbing amount of power with so many connected info companies. Mixed with 23 and me. 

fazer said:
Disturbing amount of power with so many connected info companies. Mixed with 23 and me.
yup
guess what

"With protections in place, then-President Obama finally got his wish in 2015, and launched the Precision Medicine Initiative—an ambitious plan to collect genetic and health information from one million Americans by the end of 2019."

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/03/the-gops-new-bill-is-a-disaster-for-genetics-research/519645/

edit: Obama might have had good intentions for the collecting DNA's but if u dont set the law strait, this what happens!

edit 2: https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/03/02/23andme-and-the-promise-of-anonymous-genetic-testing-10/23andmes-dangerous-business-model-17

edit 3: above link (edit 2) from 2015  ;)

John swinton said :
"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

So i wouldn't be so sure about saying that "The media have a duty to report what happens, not edit it so that it's meaning is changed to their agenda"

I think Journalists have that duty, but they would need to be free of any kind of financing to be fully unbiased. But one needs to feed its family.

I hope things are not as bad as you say.............

What I notice is how much the BBC has changed over my lifetime, it was always independent of government and unbiased in the past, as it just reported what happened.

Now the news is full of speculation and asking questions, these are a few examples from today's pages.

"Has the US tested more than the rest of the world combined?"

"Why is there so little corona virus testing in Japan?"

"Trump seems to undercut US spies  on virus origins"

This is not news, so much as an attempt to produce "Content"!  It's like a drip feed of second rate stories masquerading as investigative journalism.

DaveP

:-\

Internet Speech Will Never Go Back to Normal

In the debate over freedom versus control of the global network, China was largely correct, and the U.S. was wrong.

"In the great debate of the past two decades about freedom versus control of the network, China was largely right and the United States was largely wrong. Significant monitoring and speech control are inevitable components of a mature and flourishing internet, and governments must play a large role in these practices to ensure that the internet is compatible with a society’s norms and values"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/what-covid-revealed-about-internet/610549/

Superb article thanks Scott,
might be worth considering reposting that link in a new dedicated topic as it really captures the zeitgeist.

Some of you might remember I recently signed up to a new encrypted email service created by scientists at CERN.
There was one or two small issues that cropped up , mostly user error on my part I have to concede  :-[
Another issue I'm having with it is timestamping is an hour behind local time , I contacted them about it and got a response .
They seemed to be apologizing for a delay in delivery of my emails and the solution they offered was related to modifying my browser settings ,more specifically changing the string value on a line called "fingerprint resist' to false , none of my computers
contain finger print scanners either way . Another thing they have asked for is for me to copy and paste header information from emails. Anyway it just goes to show they dont require any major authentication at the door as you sign up for their free service ,but if your stupid enough they'll suck any info they can get out of you .

Be careful out there  ;)

Tubetec said:
Superb article thanks Scott,
might be worth considering reposting that link in a new dedicated topic as it really captures the zeitgeist.

Some of you might remember I recently signed up to a new encrypted email service created by scientists at CERN.
There was one or two small issues that cropped up , mostly user error on my part I have to concede  :-[
Another issue I'm having with it is timestamping is an hour behind local time , I contacted them about it and got a response .
They seemed to be apologizing for a delay in delivery of my emails and the solution they offered was related to modifying my browser settings ,more specifically changing the string value on a line called "fingerprint resist' to false , none of my computers
contain finger print scanners either way . Another thing they have asked for is for me to copy and paste header information from emails. Anyway it just goes to show they dont require any major authentication at the door as you sign up for their free service ,but if your stupid enough they'll suck any info they can get out of you .

Be careful out there  ;)

I got a spam phone call this week while I was out and they left a message on my machine, telling me I could dial their phone number to get on their do not call list....  How dumb must people be to fall for that?

JR

DaveP said:
I hope things are not as bad as you say.............

What I notice is how much the BBC has changed over my lifetime, it was always independent of government and unbiased in the past, as it just reported what happened.

Now the news is full of speculation and asking questions, these are a few examples from today's pages.

"Has the US tested more than the rest of the world combined?"

"Why is there so little corona virus testing in Japan?"

"Trump seems to undercut US spies  on virus origins"

This is not news, so much as an attempt to produce "Content"!  It's like a drip feed of second rate stories masquerading as investigative journalism.

DaveP

Sure but haven't the CIA  always used media and hollywood to spread their messages? they Acknowledged that :)
Everyone has an agenda...

Clearview AI  is coming under fairly intense scrutiny for its activities ,
600 million on its database ,and rising by the day ,
300 million Americans ,300 million Europeans ,
The cctv cams in your local supermarket are most likely feeding into it too, but its the usher at the door with the smart phone is the hanged man,state services too only they'll have an extra layer of plausibility ,deniabillity engineered in .
Intelligence gathering has always been  a game of leap frog  ;)

DQ

Back