CAPI 2-Stage Line Amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinkia

Hi guy !
I've been looking for a build thread, but I found no one. Does my surch skills are too weak ?

I'm planning of using 4 as input for a summing mixer I've started ammost 4 years ago

No fader, nothing, just strait debalancing cards

Does someone have the BOM & Schematic for it ?

Many thanks

And I do actually have an other question !
Is there any possibility to have more gain on the second channel ? To be able to compasate the make up gain for a passive EQ (type EQP or Baxandal)  8)

I have schematics for a 2520 DOS line amp with pan volume and mute functionality. I used it in a Neve ended mixer I built using 990s and app992s. Worked a charm.

Rocinante said:
I have schematics for a 2520 DOS line amp with pan volume and mute functionality. I used it in a Neve ended mixer I built using 990s and app992s. Worked a charm.

Actually I'm really looking for a way to debalancing the signal before the 2 ACA BO summing card :)

I thought the CAPI 2-Stage line amp was the best option for this ! To get the 2520 color as well !

Sinkia said:
Actually I'm really looking for a way to debalancing the signal before the 2 ACA BO summing card :)

I thought the CAPI 2-Stage line amp was the best option for this ! To get the 2520 color as well !

Bump! I am looking to do the same thing. If anyone has anymore info on this please contribute. I am looking to do a simple 8 input to 2 output summing box with transformers and op amps in every step of the way. As simple as it can be.

Do you mind sharing?

Rocinante said:

The api line amp can be/ is U.N. balanced.  The output transformer can be run unbalanced out. Capi makes various PCb Cards that make building this thing cheap in my estimate.  Have you looked in the tech section at API schematics.  Part of the API sound is the multi stages in my estimate with transformers everywhere and the 2520.  Also having prefade insertion so adding the booster fader is  the second stage output. It allows a nice hardware compressor in the circuit which is a must for me. 

I don’t see the ACA’s in api tech section.  Could have sworn it was there.  Anyway CAPI would have info on it and a build kit. 

Back