fbi handwritten notes - Michael Flynn

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the next "bombshell" version of the IG's report?  Or perhaps the ninth next big "Benghazi" investigation?

It's not a Sword of Damocles if it's made of cardboard and glued to the wall.

Matador said:
Is this the next "bombshell" version of the IG's report?  Or perhaps the ninth next big "Benghazi" investigation?

It's not a Sword of Damocles if it's made of cardboard and glued to the wall.
Nice turn of phrase (cardboard sword).... I may borrow that.  ;D

As Hillary famously said about Benghazi.... "at this point what difference does it make".  ::) Speaking of Hillary she is about the only democrat who is consistent about downplaying claims of sexual abuse (like with Bill's multiple bimbo eruptions).

I have been trying to downplay the "bombshell" expectations into this investigation of the investigation, while I do have some expectations (hopes). These partisan witch hunts rarely bag the big bad witch, but lesser drones typically get thrown under the broom. The best we can hope for is better behavior from both sides in the future thanks to fear of  being exposed (but I am an unreformed optimist).

JR

PS: The FISA court judges have already publicly stated their displeasure about being deceived so future FISA warrants not get rubber stamped like in the past. I consider this a positive outcome already. 

Barr strikes again. It came down shortly after the prosecutor resigned from the case. This is the second prosecutor who has resigned from the case, in case anyone is counting, after shady dealings from the top.

Gold said:
Barr strikes again.

Certain parties here (and in GOP circles in general) will never recognize how appalling this is, because they're so enamored of their Dear Leader that they'll stand and cheer as he flushes this country down the freaking toilet.  It's beyond disgusting at this point--Trump wants to be a dictator(and a pretty lousy one at that), and the sniveling weasels of  the GOP think he's the greatest president ever. 

Thanks a lot for destroying my country, @ssholes. 

I don't have a comment on the particular case.  But it's very concerning what seems an erosion of the separation of powers as defined by the Constitution.

Just another day in the swamp.....

This (Flynn case) seems like a pretty small fish, but some are going ballistic over this already... Hint: this is not the one that turned Durham's investigation criminal (late last year). So there are likely other bigger shoes to drop.
======
The house intelligence committee finally released transcripts from 57 closed door interviews in the russian probe. The committee voted to released these in 2018, Adam Schiff (D-CA) claimed these contained the smoking gun witness but for some reason dragged his feet and delayed release to the public. Schiff blamed the ODNI for the delay, but when the DNI threatened to released them himself, Schiff finally demurred. 

I suspect if there was any there there, we would have seen these years ago.... but we'll get them finally.

===

In this partisan time of people watching one event and seeing two different movies, I expect the partisan spinners will be working overtime trying to convince us which version is real.

Don't listen to me, or the harpies... Try to think for yourself.

JR

PS: Coincidentally SCOTUS overturned the bridge gate conviction releasing two more small fish, who trashed the former NJ Governor's future in national politics.

[quote author=JohnRoberts ]
PS: Coincidentally SCOTUS overturned the bridge gate conviction releasing two more small fish, who trashed the former NJ Governor's future in national politics.
[/quote]

That’s an interesting ruling. Apparently they were prosecuted for defrauding  the government.  The ruling said that closing the lanes on the bridge was not fraud and they couldn’t be prosecuted for it.

That’s a very narrow technical ruling. It said nothing about the meat of the issue . Whether Christie ordered the lane closing as political retribution.

Gold said:
That’s an interesting ruling. Apparently they were prosecuted for defrauding  the government.  The ruling said that closing the lanes on the bridge was not fraud and they couldn’t be prosecuted for it.
maybe prosecutor should have picked a different law.
That’s a very narrow technical ruling. It said nothing about the meat of the issue . Whether Christie ordered the lane closing as political retribution.
As I recall they did not have proof that Gov Christie ordered it. I don't doubt the Christie administration was angry with Fort Lee. Of course commuters don't need to be caught in the middle of this partisan BS.

I liked Gov Christie before his grand gesture with President Obama that gave President Obama a bipartisan bump and photo op. Bridgegate pretty much stuck a fork in Christie's career so mission accomplished.

===
I was born and grew up in NJ, surprised there weren't dead bodies found dumped in the meadowlands.  :eek: (kidding mostly).

JR

PS: I thought the interesting news from SCOTUS was RBG calling it in from her hospital room, and Clarance Thomas actually asking questions during the arguments that they broadcast live.

DOJ dropped the charges.  Sure there are happy and unhappy people.  Personally it was entrapment IMO and it won’t be the last time.  Financial ruin is why they got him to confess/admit in a you won’t need a lawyer we just wanna talk.  How would all the armchairs deal with that one if it happened to you.  You need to be a lawyer working for a congressman to even begin to understand how it works.  Now let the flames begin.

Yes, it's all fake news.  The DOJ now suddenly can't find any evidence to prove any of the things that Flynn admitted to doing under oath already.

This gets more interesting everyday with the unmasking of Flynn by Obama WH.  Biden sign one of 39 unmasking orders.   

But I guess it depends on what spin your in. 

Senators Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley released a list they received from Ric Grenell, the acting Director of National Intelligence. On Grenell's list is the name of every Obama administration official who requested that Mike Flynn's name be "unmasked" in secret documents. There are an awful lot of names here -- 39 names. Former Vice President Joe Biden is on the list. His name is last on the roster.

fazer said:
This gets more interesting everyday with the unmasking of Flynn by Obama WH.  Biden sign one of 39 unmasking orders.   

But I guess it depends on what spin your in.
this isn't even the main show, but it is getting more interesting, with every new shoe that drops....

JR

JohnRoberts said:
this isn't even the main show, but it is getting more interesting, with every new shoe that drops....

I smell Benghazi. Almost nothing there but able to keep it going five years past its shelf life. To this day the Republicans act like there was something to Benghazi even though after keeping the investigation going for six years no one was even reprimanded let alone punished in any way. Not for lack of trying.

I haven't quite discerned whether the Presidents position is that a President can't be punished for a crime while in office but can when out of office for actions taken while in office. Or whether anything done by the President is by definition not a crime because it was done by the president. Either way it doesn't work to his advantage in criticizing a past Presidents actions.

Gold said:
I smell Benghazi. Almost nothing there but able to keep it going five years past its shelf life. To this day the Republicans act like there was something to Benghazi even though after keeping the investigation going for six years no one was even reprimanded let alone punished in any way. Not for lack of trying.
The only people punished over Benghazi (besides the ambassador and his security who were killed) was the video maker, that the democrats blamed for a spontaneous demonstration.  :eek:

Swamp dwellers generally get to slither away, and they did after Benghazi. 
I haven't quite discerned whether the Presidents position is that a President can't be punished for a crime while in office but can when out of office for actions taken while in office. Or whether anything done by the President is by definition not a crime because it was done by the president. Either way it doesn't work to his advantage in criticizing a past Presidents actions.
Straw man...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Straw man...

One of many that contradict each other. Purely opportunistic arguments. If there was anything there Obama could tie it up in court until after the election. Sound familiar? Since there is nothing there  it’s not necessary.

JohnRoberts said:
Swamp dwellers generally get to slither away, and they did after Benghazi.

JR

Are there any case numbers, trials with evidence presented, or plea deals to any charges that anyone slithered from, regarding that?

Am I missing any parallels with Flynn in that regard? Seriously, as I stopped following that so long ago and wrote it off as a long-term political-strategy that turned out better than anyone could have imagined, even after nothing actually happened anywhere in the courts. Maybe the other side learned something from that and has been applying it to Trump with far more success... I truly wish that was so, but unfortunately it’s not. Instead, we have a mentally unstable person leading us and half the country somehow justifying his daily antics with just as bizarre reasonings, all for party-politics.

The swamp is certainly not getting drained.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/drain-the-swamp-spending-on-washington-lobbying-rises-to-9-year-high-2020-01-27?mod=mw_quote_news

Sorry if I am repeating myself but Flynn is not the big fish, while his case has threads going all the way to the top...

I am expecting better stuff later.

JR

Back