Wifi Remote Electrical Outlet

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Does anyone use these in the studio and can recommend any particular models? Basically I would like to be able to remotely turn on / off some gear at the studio while at home. 

Don't want or need google,  alexa or anything like that.  Just remote access over the internet.

Anyone measured the electrical properties of these for any crud it dumps on the line?

Arduino. It gets kind of addictive but there's a million ways to skin a cat and arduino is a great way to do what you want.

I bought one of this last winter:

Sonoff S26 S20

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Sonoff-S26-S20-Wifi-Smart-Power-Socket-APP-For-IOS-Alexa-Google-Home-UK/193308448708?hash=item2d0214d7c4:m:m6xGBGFqDDXj52OjarEST6Q

I wanted to be able to turn on remotely my bedroom heater at night before going home, so when I got in my room it was already warmed up.
It works fine.
I also wanted to be able to go to sleep and set a timer for it to shutdown.
Could do both things with a mobile app on the phone, worked great I recommend it

you can have different Sonoff ones and manage all of them with the app.
You can give names to them on the app so that you can identify each, it's pretty cool

Latest posts

Back