• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED - any old lengths / bits of ISEP rail

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hi all,

Just seeing if any of you have any lengths / pieces of ISEP rail that you would like to sell / trade ?
I normally get from Martin at SRS, but just popped into my mind out of curiosity really !

Best,
Steve

Kid Squid said:
Hi all,

Just seeing if any of you have any lengths / pieces of ISEP rail that you would like to sell / trade ?
I normally get from Martin at SRS, but just popped into my mind out of curiosity really !

Best,
Steve

Just out of interest, do you tap the ends yourself?

Cheers

IAn

Just out of interest, do you tap the ends yourself?

Yes Ian. The newer version of the ISEP has a hole already centralised running through the extrusion. Which makes tapping it a doddle. In fact, Martin will cut the lengths to correct bucket size, pre tap with M3.5 ( not 4BA as original) and satin finish the lengths.
The old ISEP is a bit of a pig, but I have made a jig in the past to centralize the pilot, drill on a pillar drill, then tap with either a 3.5mm or 4BA spiral flute tap, using a paraffin mix for cutting compound.

Best,
Steve

Kid Squid said:
Yes Ian. The newer version of the ISEP has a hole already centralised running through the extrusion. Which makes tapping it a doddle. In fact, Martin will cut the lengths to correct bucket size, pre tap with M3.5 ( not 4BA as original) and satin finish the lengths.
The old ISEP is a bit of a pig, but I have made a jig in the past to centralize the pilot, drill on a pillar drill, then tap with either a 3.5mm or 4BA spiral flute tap, using a paraffin mix for cutting compound.

Best,
Steve

Cool. I use SRS a lot. They are a great company and Martin is a great guy.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back