M2000 mixbus noise continued.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan Hayward

Thought I'd seperate this out from the 'need to contact' thread .

Keef wrote

The M2000 was a little noisy, as was the 2500 and 3000. improvements in some circumstances could be made by tearing the console down and re-bussing the ground, taking great care to keep the summing bus ground reference the same as the origination point's (channel's) ground reference.

So If I cut the motherboard 0V trace and wang in another ground cable from each channel to the ground block on the power dist board that may help, so long as the summing amp takes its ground from there too?

Keef also wrote;
This only affected the 'humzzzz' component. The pure, silky hiss was a constant and could only be affected by lower noise gain stages... If I recall correctly, did the M2000 have a "stereo mute" button that isolated the feed from the buss, as well as the main channel cut button? -or am I confusing models here...?

My M2000 doesn't, but Scott's may do - being more of an eighties beast. I remember you talking about a 'quad mute' that made a pop, but meant you could totally de-route channels. I wish the hiss was silky, does have a distinct rumble element.

Regards

Jonathan

Latest posts

Back