Should I rack pres or build console?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rackmonkey said:
JDurango, any updates on this and your situation?

Another update: Looks like I'll be selling the console after all!

Long story short, things are going great at the studio, we're getting a lot of business, and things are picking up in another business....combined with house projects and planned trips, I don't foresee a time in the next 3-4 years that I'll realistically be able to finish restoration. This would be a great opportunity for someone with a lot of downtime from COVID.

That said, I WILL NOT BE PARTING IT OUT! I'm going to build a custom frame that houses all the main components. It will be high-quality baltic birch, as compact as possible and with optional slant/desk style racks on either side. These will both be removable for ultimate flexibility (sidecar, double-wide or triple-wide).

I will also be asking the buyer to pinky swear on boyscout's honor that they will not part this console out. I'd love to sell it to a forum member, or maybe Ken @ Orphan, but I WILL NOT part it out.

I'll be posting more pictures soon, once the frame is built out. Just wanted to put feelers out.

I'm asking $12k, and since I'm sure people will ask, if I HAD to guess I'd say about it'll be around 100 hours of restoration time, possibly less, possibly more, of course it really depends on your skill level and familiarity with this stuff. I really hesitate to even guess, since I don't know what issues might come up.....so, as such, this will be sold as is, caveat emptor. I'm happy to answer any and all questions and take any and all pics/videos as time allows. Thanks!

Quick rundown of what this is
Custom built Quad Eight MM71 by Studio Consultants in NYC
8 MM71 modules in a 12x4x2 frame w/ CA127 line cards ...one UTC xformer on the master bus has already been lifted....looks like everything else is there.
Pics here (pics of console in new frame will be forthcoming): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M8ilwLGId8l5C3ouCzWqC832crosdoIP?usp=sharing

Bumping this. Someone will want this console. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

I do not run a studio. I am co-owner of a private studio. Our studio has not earned 50 cents for the last year. But I have a day job. Unfortunately recording music is a luxury and not a necessity. Live music and theater shows and gigging will come back soon.

Latest posts

Back