Quad Eight Ventura Preamp/Uses for AM10

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinheronmusic

Is anyone using the AM10 in a build? If so, does this work for 500 series stuff ala CAPI or Hairball Audio Elements?

Are you using original QE modules or a clone PCB? The originals ran on +/-28V, and the footprint is proprietary/unique to QE. They won’t fit anything else without some sort of adapter.

The clones like Gary designed (the garAM10) will run on a wide range of voltages and are built in the 2520 footprint. CAPI sells those,  and they will work in a 500 series setup.

rackmonkey said:
Are you using original QE modules or a clone PCB? The originals ran on +/-28V, and the footprint is proprietary/unique to QE. They won’t fit anything else without some sort of adapter.

The clones like Gary designed (the garAM10) will run on a wide range of voltages and are built in the 2520 footprint. CAPI sells those,  and they will work in a 500 series setup.

Hell yeah! I didn't realize that Capi sold the AM-10 in 2520 config, I thought I was going to have to make my own! If they work in a 500 series set up I may use them for a hairball elements kit or two, and just base the design off of the Q8 Ventura for a sort of frankenstein sort of job. Knowing that the 2520 is adapted for more contemporary uses that brings up so many ideas.

My fully realized idea will be to use the AM-10 in a simple API style summing amp using the Inv-ACA boards and the Capi 2-ACA-Bo as the master bus.

justinheronmusic said:
Is anyone using the AM10 in a build? If so, does this work for 500 series stuff ala CAPI or Hairball Audio Elements?
I used the AM Doa in my builds.
But I don’t use the Capi one.
Simon uploaded the Gerbers. I used them.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58305.msg887291#msg887291

They work.

TillM said:
I used the AM Doa in my builds.
But I don’t use the Capi one.
Simon uploaded the Gerbers. I used them.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58305.msg887291#msg887291

They work.

How do these sound in comparison to the Gar2520?

From my experience Gar2520 and LAZ2520 is great for that purpose, Im sad that I didnt try Fabio 2520....

I did some testing with vintage Huntington 2520 and Gar2520 is splitting hair in sound with it.... there is differences but in the end

will do job great....

In comparison with Gar2520, AM10 is different opamp....it is sound different....and I think that Gar2520 will do better job than

AM10 in ACA summing amps.....LAZ2520 even better....

Latest posts

Back